1 4.00%
  • Krypton

2 8.00%
  • Punisher

9 36.00%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which tv comic adaptation are you looking forward to the most?

I'm counting 8 on 8 different networks coming to tv this season. The question is what one are you looking forward to the most?

While I am looking forward to Runaways I am a stickler for keeping things the way they were in a straight up adaptation and they've already proven they aren't going to do that #Notmymolly so it comes down to which show has the most potential and the least stakes for me. I'm gonna have to say

Gifted on Fox

I like Emma Dumont and can't wait to see what she does with Polaris. I think the premise of the show is solid. The only real worry here is Fox.

I would have said Black Lightning if they had tied it into the center universe but since it is stand alone my excitement has waned.

Cloak and dagger. If they connect this to runaways then yay. If not I'll still watch. Because Holt is yummy but the characters have never really had any appeal for me.

Punisher is gonna be good but of course I was gonna watch it anyways. My only hope is that it is more comicbooky than defenders or iron fist was. I want a good villain for the series.

Krypton is the most surprising in terms of how it looks. I have no desire to see Kal's granddad and the history of krypton but the trailer looked amazing.

Titans meh
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Punisher is the only thing i have faith is gonna be good. The rest im optamistic but gifted seems kinda Generic, Cloak and dagger looks like its aimed at young teens. Titans is a complete unknown and Black Lightning is meh so far. The daughter twist turned me off a bit. Oh and im not a runaways fan( sacrilegious i know)

Punisher is top of the list for me. I'll be binge watching that the day it comes out.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Punisher is the only thing i have faith is gonna be good. The rest im optamistic but gifted seems kinda Generic, Cloak and dagger looks like its aimed at young teens. Titans is a complete unknown and Black Lightning is meh so far. The daughter twist turned me off a bit. Oh and im not a runaways fan( sacrilegious i know)
    I'm not a Runaways fan either, easily one of the most overated and pointless teams in comics in my opinion, Marvel would have done better in doing a Young Avengers or Avengers Academy show instead. But in my case probably Punisher, Gifted and Titans, depending on how things go.

on your list Gifted off your list Agent Carter S3 if they do it inhumans New Warriors and Damage Control.
    Last edited by choptop; 08-29-2017 at 06:03 PM.

I voted for Titans but also look forward to Krypton.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Cloak and Dagger, old fan of the duo.

Fingers crossed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I'm not a Runaways fan either, easily one of the most overated and pointless teams in comics in my opinion, Marvel would have done better in doing a Young Avengers or Avengers Academy show instead. But in my case probably Punisher, Gifted and Titans, depending on how things go.
    Agreed. It's probably the weakest thing I've read from Vaughan as well. They should have made Nextwave instead.

Now for my choices:

Black Lightning: He's very important for DC. He's their first black superhero and deserves his time to shine.

Krypton: It's something Superman related. We don't get that too often. Syfy is on fire right now.

Cloak and Dagger: I don't know much about them. But they always intrigued me.

Punisher: He was made for tv. I'm just crossing my fingers for Barracuda.

I forgot New Warriors and Inhumans

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Locke & Key. Though I have no idea if it will be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Locke & Key. Though I have no idea if it will be any good.
    Are they trying it again?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozman79 View Post
    Punisher is top of the list for me. I'll be binge watching that the day it comes out.
    I'll probably do the same. Punisher all the way

BANNED

Punisher, followed by New Warriors followed by Inhumans for me.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Easily Punisher.

It pains me as mostly DC fan to admit that Marvel Netflix is far superior writing wise. That alone gets me excited for its adaptations.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Are they trying it again?
    Yes, on Hulu.