Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I just finished reading Legenderry.
    Next on my list: Lady Mechanika, Steampunk Battlestar Galactica 1880 and Sherlock Holmes: The Trial of Sherlock Holmes.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

This summer I've gotten into Marvel Epic collections. ASM, Avengers, and Captain America. All from the start. Dated, but I think they're great.

I stopped following other publishers years ago and only followed D C monthly.
    But since I gave up all monthlies and just read trades I have been getting mostly
    Marvel like 80's New Mutants and Alpha Flight and current Thor (Jane), Iron Man (Riri), MS Marvel,
    and New X-Men (Young Jean).
    I am sure as the months pass I will be adding plenty of D C (most of which I read or new releases)
    and other trades from other publishers across the decades (especially like Carl Bark Duck stories).

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Aftershock: Alters is the only one I follow month to month. Its the story of a transgender hero called Chalice and their personal struggles as both a transgendered individual and a superhero trying to help protect other Alters (people with superpowers) from an organization seeking to exploit their powers.

Dynamite: I'm currently keeping up with The Shadow, Batman and the Shadow and James Bond. At the moment I'm not sure I like the direction the Shadow is taking but I'm going to give it a few more issues.

Lion Forge: This company just started an extremely diverse superhero line, which I'm excited about since the Big Two can be very hit and miss with regard to how they handle their existing diverse characters and introducing new ones into their universes . I'm reading Accell, Superb and Noble and plan on trying the rest of the line as they come out. All powers in this universe came about as the result of a comet that crashed to earth and those with powers are seen as a threat too normal people.

Valiant: I follow mainly Bloodshot and Ninjak monthly or rather I will be again once the new series start in the next few months. I've also been enjoying X-O Manowar.

I also follow A LOT of books in trade from various publishers and my favorite manga : My Hero Academia. I also read a lot of older DC and Marvel material.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Monstress, by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda. Hugo Award winner, this year.
    SAGA, by Brian Vaughn (a past Hugo Award winner).

Might Thor from Marvel. (And anything diverse from marvel. Just because).

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Jessica Jones is it for Marvel for me right now. Going to check out Waid and Samnee's Captain America.

Mostly, I get Image stuff. In issues I read Lazarus, Sex Criminals, Saga, Paper Girls, Black Magick, Kill or Be Killed, Deadly Class and the Old Guard. In trade, I'm also reading Monstress, Shutter, Low, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science, reprints of Chyna Clugston Flores' stuff, Stepan Sejic's Sunstone series, Motor Crush and Seven to Eternity.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Marvel: Jessica Jones, Hawkeye

Image: Walking Dead, Paper Girls

Others include Archie and Josie and the Pussy Cats!
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    . . . Dynamite: I'm currently keeping up with The Shadow, Batman and the Shadow and James Bond. At the moment I'm not sure I like the direction the Shadow is taking but I'm going to give it a few more issues.
    FYI, the current Batman / The Shadow six-issue series is from DC, not from Dynamite. (They are doing it jointly, though.) Dynamite will be having their own The Shadow / Batman six-issue series (also written by Steve Orlando) starting in October.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG171470
    https://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/v...13026213401011

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    FYI, the current Batman / The Shadow six-issue series is from DC, not from Dynamite. (They are doing it jointly, though.) Dynamite will be having their own The Shadow / Batman six-issue series (also written by Steve Orlando) starting in October.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG171470
    https://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/v...13026213401011
    I am aware of that, Major but since The Shadow is a Dynamite property I tend to think of it in those terms regardless of the fact that it is crossing over with Batman and DC is putting the book out. I'm actually reading it more for The Shadow (and because Steve Orlando is writing it) then I am because Batman happens to be involved anyway hence why I lumped it in with the other Dynamite books I'm following currently. I'd be just as happy if this one was just a straight up Shadow story without Batman.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-28-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I read a lot of the pulp-hero style stuff that comes out of Dynamite and Dark Horse. I usually give new Image series a spin to see if they'll stick with me (or definitely old returning favorites like Matt Wagner's "Mage").

As for Marvel, I used to love them but have continually lost interest over the last couple of years until, right now, there's nothing I read from them.

Marvel:
    Ms. Marvel - Not as great as it once was, but still consistently enjoyable. Wish Takeshi Miyazawa wasn't leaving.
    X-Men Blue - Ok so far. Might drop when Mojo World starts, I'm not interested enough to pick up extra books for a crossover.

I've recently dropped She-Hulk (Loved Tamaki's Supergirl, but the art and pacing in She-Hulk wasn't working for me), and All-New Wolverine (It fizzled out slowly after the first arc, and a new artist for each arc didn't help).

Image:
    Low - Tocchini is one of my favorite artists, and the stories been good.
    Deadly Class - Easily my favorite image ongoing, broke my heart in vol. 3.
    Monstress - Great art, story's interesting but I have 5-6 issues to catch up on.
    Black Science - Solid, I have all the current trades but need to read vol 4-6. So I'll probably just re-read the whole thing.
    Shutter - Enjoyed vol 1, need to get the rest.
    Snotgirl - Liked the first 3 issues.
    Papergirls - Really started to drag after the first arc. Love the art but the story really needs to go somewhere soon.
    Violent Love - Bought the first trade and need to read it.
    Birthright - Had one of my favorite series openings ever. Like most of these, catching up on the latest volumes.

Read a ton of Manga, current favorites:
    One Piece - Consistently fantastic.
    My Hero Academia - Great art, good pacing and a strong stoyline. One of the main villain's "All for One" is easily my favorite shounen bad guy of all time, so so soo good at being bad.
    The Seven Deadly Sins by Nakaba Suzuki - Imo has all the highs of shounen manga with none of the lows. Great art, characters, and story. Never had any point where the pacing was an issue.
    Yona of the Dawn - Fantastic historical drama with strong action and character development.
    UQ! Holder - My number 2 manga artist for battles scenes.
    Welcome to the Ballroom - Beautifully drawn competitive dance series.
    In/Spectre - Supernatural mystery series with great art and storytelling.
    A Centaur's Life - Truly a testament to never judge a book by it's cover. Author seems is really into anthropology so the volumes include a full fossil record of how each demi-human race evolved and digs into how society differs from ours due to the number of races. Series has sci-fi, fantasy, and historical chapters as well.
    A Bride's Story by Kaoru Mori - Historical romance series that takes place in different Asian villages.
    Spirit Circle by Satoshi Mizukami - Cheating since this isn't in print until October, but one of my top 5 short series of all time. Art isn't the best but the story is damn near perfect imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Monstress - Great art, story's interesting but I have 5-6 issues to catch up on.
    It recently completed its 2nd story arc and the Volume 2 TPB (#7-12) was released last month. Alas, it seems returning in fall was just a tad bit optimistic. It's my favorite book on the stands though so I just can't bring myself to trade wait despite the delays.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Extraordinary Member

Marvel: The Mighty Thor, Secret Empire, Captain America: Steve Rogers (kinds dropped off once Secret Empire started, but plan to catch up), and Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man

I also catch up a lot on back issues on Marvel Unlimited

Indies: Saga (Image)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    It recently completed its 2nd story arc and the Volume 2 TPB (#7-12) was released last month. Alas, it seems returning in fall was just a tad bit optimistic. It's my favorite book on the stands though so I just can't bring myself to trade wait despite the delays.
    I certainly get that but man are those trades beautiful. Their presentation and paper stock t\do real justice to the incredible art.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    I have issues #7-12 sitting in a bag in my room. My LCS used to be super inconsistent with getting in Image and other smaller stuff. So even though I prefer Image stuff in trade, I double dip on a few titles I really like when they have them. I read Low in singles, own every trade, and will be getting the OHC whenever that's coming out lol.

Only exception to that is Deadly Class, because I wouldn't be able to deal with emotional stress from the wait between issues.