Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Titles You Read Outside of DC

Obviously we are all DC fans and love those characters, but let's take a second and discuss what you are reading outside of DC comics.

From that "other big company"

Daredevil- Other than the Flash, Daredevil has been the other hero that I have read pretty consistently over the years. They just had a really interesting story arc where Matt Murdock went to the Supreme Court and won a case, where superheros can testitfy without revealing their secret identities.

Iron Fist- Really cool arc going on right now that is basically, "Enter The Dragon" meets superheroes.

What's on your list that you are reading and would recommend?
    Last edited by Jekyll; 08-27-2017 at 07:12 AM.

New 52

My sister reads Archie and Riverdale so I usually end up reading those. They are fun little stories and a nice break from over the top super hero action.

I have been recently reading the current Spider-man series which is pretty fun. I enjoy the globe trotting adventures he is going on and am considering picking the series up monthly once I get more up to date.

That is probably it at the moment, I read random Star wars and Marvel trades from the library but mainly Thor and the previously mentioned Spider-man. Might look into Daredevil though and see what I think.

Spawn, some Hellboy related stuff times to times. Mighty Morphin Power rangers, which turned out to be quite a good book.

Not much for being honest.

Mostly X-books, but I used to read a lot more. It's a shame the line has been so mediocre for years.
    I also read Image a lot. Creator-owned is sadly the only place we can find consistent creative visions without endless fill-ins and crossovers.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Invincible
    Old Marvel comics
    Manga

I mostly buy Image. I also get Star Trek and The Woods which have been enjoyable.

I haven't bought anything that hasn't been DC in a while since I'm catching up at the moment. I really enjoyed Waid's Daredevil, Hickman's Fantastic Four, and Incvincible. I really wanted to get into X-Men but I haven't heard many good things about the books since Astonishing X-men years ago.

These days, my non-DC purchases are somewhat limited.

From Dark Horse, I enjoy Lobster Johnson, Hellboy & the B.P.R.D. (the adventures before everything went all apocalyptic), (Sir Edward Grey) Witchfinder, and maybe some other Hellboy/Mignolaverse stuff. (Had also been reading Francavilla's Black Beetle, but that's so irregular it's not even funny!)

From Dynamite, I check out the offerings with guys like The Shadow (as long as they're not set in the present-day), Green Hornet, The Spirit, and a few others.

And from Benitez Productions, I'm starting to buy Lady Mechanika.

Haven't bought anything new from Marvel since the Waid/Samnee Black Woidow run, but may look into their coming Captain America relaunch. (Would also look into any relaunch of The Invaders, but passed on the recent chapters in Secret Empire: Brave New World.)
    I did buy the recent $1.00 True Believers: Captain America Kirby 100th birthday reprint issue, but I don't know if that really counts.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 08-27-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Manga
    Ah yes, i forgot about that. I also keep an eye on One Piece.

BANNED

From Marvel, I currently read Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Champions and All-New Wolverine. I'll be reading the new Runaways book when it starts and I pray it doesnt suck.

Besides those, I read Paper Girls, The MMPR comics, and Marvel back issues I'll buy on a whim once in a while.

EDIT: If manga counts, I read One Piece religiously and Im trying to catch up on Jojo.
    Last edited by Assam; 08-27-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Spectacular Member

A lot actually but from western comics dc is still best right now.
    Im catching up to marvel currently just at civil war and it was good so far.
    Many manga series but main ones are the weekly ones since i want to catch up to marvel first,manga's are:
    My hero academia-really good,recommended for comic book fans especially marvel fans
    One piece-my fave piece of entertainment ever,it's a lot of fun and good world building
    The promised neverland-good manga that i dont want to spoil
    Dr . Stone- people all over the world became stone statues and one genius has made it out,he wants to save everyone and also go as fast as he can to the civilization as it is today.

Excusing back issue trade paperbacks and the occasional miniseries that sounds interesting, I follow Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows and the various Marvel Star Wars titles.

BANNED

Atm:
    Mighty Thor
    Secret Empire
    All New Wolverine

From Marvel - The Punisher; Black Bolt; The Mighty Thor and Daredevil are the ongoings I'm reading, also rading the Inhumans Once and Future Kings mini and plan to read the Punisher mini by Ennis and Parlov that is coming out.

From Image - Invincible; Birthright; Deadly Class; East of West; Kill or Be Killed and Generation Gone.

Also reading Archie.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

EDIT: If manga counts, I read One Piece religiously and Im trying to catch up on Jojo.
    F*** yeah!!

Manga: I read one piece and my hero academia
    Marvel: x men blue, Jean grey, totally awesome hulk and champions. And I've heard nothing but good things from Ms Marvel but I've been meaning to catch that first trade