Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I follow two titles regularly.

1.Amazing Spider-Man:Renew Your Vows.I love Spider-Man and i love Incredibles. I love superhero family.The book is good.There maybe an occasional issue which is not good as the others but overall it is a worthy title to follow.I love the dynamics of Spidey-MJ relationship and MJ balancing work-family life and superheroics.

2.The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl:I really love this book.It is consistently witty,charming and funny.Free of a long continuity and existing in its own bubble it is quite easy to follow.They try out new ideas.Once they did one issue as a choose your own story book and another where story was told from the eyes of a cat!Squirrel Girl's supporting characters are immensely likable with her roommate Nancy the highlight.Optimistic,sweet and unbeatable Squirrel Girl comes across as an earnest hero of the old,in the mould of Christopher Reeves Superman or Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.There are even references to DC heroes which while funny can come only from fans.I particularly liked one Dark Knight Returns(..this isn't a mudhole...) and Batman Year One(...you have feasted well...).Latest issue(#23) had a hilarious reference to Superman.Some people have issues with its cartoonish art.(I have no problems)The art fits the story and tone of the book.I say persist with it as it is a genuinely good book.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 08-27-2017 at 11:29 AM.

As far as favorite stories or arcs that aren't DC...

Frank Miller's Daredevil
    Specifically issues 168 to 181, the Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, Kingpin stuff. I borrowed it from the library and never returned it But I did have to pay twenty bucks or whatever it was. I was like 13, it was a perfect balance of adult and fun, for the time it was written and how old I was. Just what I needed at the time, and still something I can read all the way through and wonder where the time went.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four
    I read these in the Essentials form but they were still so much fun even without color. Namor as the head of a film studio and Adolf Hitler revealed to be the Hatemonger... amazing.

Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Spider-Man
    Ditko and Kirby have to be my favorites from that era. Read it in the Essentials, then had to get the Omnibus. It's like trying to read a cinder block, but worth it for how colorful it is.

Astro City: Confession
    Picked up the first volume Life in the Big City on a whim because Alex Ross did the covers. It's excellent as well, but this Confession story really blew my mind. One of the best Super Hero stories ever as far as I'm concerned.

Sin City: The Hard Goodbye

First non-Super Hero comic I ever read. Another one that blew my mind. The art and style of the book is just so beautiful and the story is as gritty as it gets.

Infinity Guantlet
    Read this recently. It's cosmic chaos. Enjoyed the hell out of this book.

Only Astonishing X-Men.

I've read a lot of comic books and usually my interest goes like this :

1. X-Men
    2. DC
    3. Rest of Marvel

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I mostly trade wait Image books, but of those I'm reading:
    Black Magick
    The Old Guard
    Lazarus
    East of West
    Black Monday Murders
    Saga
    Moonshine
    Birthright

As far as currently running titles in single issues from western publishers (either print or digital):

Marvel
    Astonishing X-Men
    Defenders
    Hawkeye
    Secret Empire (+ Spencer Caps)

Black Monday Murders
    Crosswind
    I Hate Fairyland
    Kill Or Be Killed
    Monstress
    Redlands

Dark Horse
    American Gods

Aftershock
    Animosity
    Black Eyed Kids

Dynamite
    Nancy Drew
    Red Sonja

Titan Comics
    Normandy Gold
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I mostly trade wait Image books, but of those I'm reading:
    Black Magick
    The Old Guard
    Lazarus
    East of West
    Black Monday Murders
    Saga
    Moonshine
    Birthright
    Is Black Magick good?

BANNED

Outside of DC i don't read much. Marvel has so many characters i love but not one book appeals to me. Valiant fell off badly in quality. Dark Horse's bread and butter is the Mignolaverse but it isn't accessible for newbies like me. When it comes to Image, Invincible is their only good book. Dynamite and IDW are unimportant. That just leaves me with DC. Open to suggestions though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Outside of DC i don't read much. Marvel has so many characters i love but not one book appeals to me. Valiant fell off badly in quality. Dark Horse's bread and butter is the Mignolaverse but it isn't accessible for newbies like me. When it comes to Image, Invincible is their only good book. Dynamite and IDW are unimportant. That just leaves me with DC. Open to suggestions though.
    Highly recommend Paper Girls from Image.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Check out Brissons current run on Iron Fist, it only has like 6 issues out and it is fantastic. Like I said it's like a Bruce Lee movie meets superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    As far as favorite stories or arcs that aren't DC...

Frank Miller's Daredevil
    Specifically issues 168 to 181, the Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, Kingpin stuff. I borrowed it from the library and never returned it But I did have to pay twenty bucks or whatever it was. I was like 13, it was a perfect balance of adult and fun, for the time it was written and how old I was. Just what I needed at the time, and still something I can read all the way through and wonder where the time went.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four
    I read these in the Essentials form but they were still so much fun even without color. Namor as the head of a film studio and Adolf Hitler revealed to be the Hatemonger... amazing.

Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Spider-Man
    Ditko and Kirby have to be my favorites from that era. Read it in the Essentials, then had to get the Omnibus. It's like trying to read a cinder block, but worth it for how colorful it is.

Astro City: Confession
    Picked up the first volume Life in the Big City on a whim because Alex Ross did the covers. It's excellent as well, but this Confession story really blew my mind. One of the best Super Hero stories ever as far as I'm concerned.

Sin City: The Hard Goodbye

First non-Super Hero comic I ever read. Another one that blew my mind. The art and style of the book is just so beautiful and the story is as gritty as it gets.

Infinity Guantlet
    Read this recently. It's cosmic chaos. Enjoyed the hell out of this book.
    Frank Miller's Daredevil run is the stuff of legend. You can't forget Born Again either!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Is Black Magick good?
    Very good. Unfortunately, it's slow as hell coming out. The first arc is in trade and then the creative team took a break to do Wonder Woman, but the first issue for the second arc came out recently. I'd recommend it if you have patience.

Ah, i also forgot Amazing Spider-man.

Astonishing Member

Uner- sort of grim "What if superpowers were able to be mass produced by both sides in the closing days of WW II" from Avatar
    Big Bang Comics- when they come out
    Shadow and Doc Savage from Dynamite

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Only regular Marvel title I read is Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows.

The Vision limited series was good, too. But it's done. DC has been smoking Marvel for almost 30 years now. I wouldn't read much DC in the early 80s, and Marvel was king back then.

They sure fucked that all up, and quick.

BANNED

Another title that i read is Spread. I forgot to add that in.