Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I read a lot of the pulp-hero style stuff that comes out of Dynamite and Dark Horse. I usually give new Image series a spin to see if they'll stick with me (or definitely old returning favorites like Matt Wagner's "Mage").

As for Marvel, I used to love them but have continually lost interest over the last couple of years until, right now, there's nothing I read from them.
    I've been interested in Defenders. I really liked the FCBD preview. And while I hate(!) Bendis on straight-up superhero stuff, it felt more like his Daredevil run, which was amazing.
    Unfortunately, Marvel's comics are a bit costly, and they don't drop in price soon enough (I buy digitally).
    And often, while waiting for the eventual price-drop, their series are almost always cancelled or relaunched before I get around to picking them up. Which leads me to lose interest altogether.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I certainly get that but man are those trades beautiful. Their presentation and paper stock t\do real justice to the incredible art.
    Oh, yes. Monstress is a book I triple dip (floppy, digital after $1.99 price drop and TPB). Gonna be quadruple whenever they release deluxe hardcovers. Sana Takeda's art would look amazing in oversized trim.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Fantastic Member

Animosity
    Tomboy
    Monstress
    Jessica Jones
    Old Man Logan
    Hawkeye
    Moon Knight

Can someone tell me what Old Man Logan is? Does it take place in the future or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Can someone tell me what Old Man Logan is? Does it take place in the future or something?
    Here's how I understand it:

The original Old Man Logan miniseries took place in an alternate future where Logan was an old man (it was one of the inspirations for the movie Logan). It then got a sequel miniseries in the Secret Wars project, where Old Man Logan's universe got merged into Battleworld and he wound up traveling the different domains. When Secret Wars ended, Old Man Logan wound up stranded in the present day 616 universe, where the current Old Man Logan series is set (616 Wolverine is dead, so Old Man Logan acts as the replacement for regular Logan, while Laura Kinney has taken on her father's mantle as the new Wolverine, covering that base).

&

This is it as far as montthly published titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I've been interested in Defenders. I really liked the FCBD preview. And while I hate(!) Bendis on straight-up superhero stuff, it felt more like his Daredevil run, which was amazing.
    Unfortunately, Marvel's comics are a bit costly, and they don't drop in price soon enough (I buy digitally).
    And often, while waiting for the eventual price-drop, their series are almost always cancelled or relaunched before I get around to picking them up. Which leads me to lose interest altogether.
    Completely agree with your thoughts on Bendis. He had a fantastic run on DD but destroys everything else he touches. The Defenders is decent by the way, not ground breaking but certainly entertaining.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

All my books are DC these days except for Iron Fist from Marvel which is great.

But that's the only Marvel book I pick up since Marvel is beyond atrocious these days. I never thought a comic book company, let alone Marvel, could ever reach such poor levels of in every aspect.

And I just started picking up Go Go Power Rangers which is pretty good so far.

I read All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, Amazing Spider-Man and Unbelievable Gwenpool from Marvel's superhero line. I also read Star Wars, Darth Vader and all of the Star Wars mini-series from Marvel.

I also picked up the first issue of Mech Cadet Yu from BOOM!.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Aside from my 95% DC pull-list I buy...
    Star Wars - I like the era between Star Wars and ESB and this is a good comic.
    Ragnarok at IDW by Walt Simonson - It's a beautiful book.
    I'll be picking up Moon Knight and Spirits of Vengeance from Marvel when they come out.
    Batman - Daredevil

My non-DC reading tends to change as I like to pick up independent mini series or something that just catches my eye.

From Marvel: The Punisher, Spider-Man 2099
    Image: The Walking Dead. Don't know why I keep reading this one. It's probably the most repetitive comic out there. The group runs afoul of a psycho with an army. Main characters die. Lather, rinse, repeat. I have to remember to drop this one at my LCS.
    Oni: The Sixth Gun. I'm reading this one in trade. Fun mix of western and horror.
    Dynamite: The Lone Ranger Omnibus. Heard good things about The Lone Ranger series. So I just started in on it. Also making my way through The Boys, which is insanely twisted and a blast to read.

For non DC books:

Black Magick
    Walking Dead
    Outcast
    Black Monday Murders
    The Fix
    Southern Bastards
    Manifest Destiny

Marvel
    Darth Vader
    Poe Dameron
    Doctor Alphra
    Star Wars

IDW
    GI Joe ARAH
    Optimus Prime
    Lost Light
    Ragnarok

Dark Horse
    Conan The Slayer

Dynamite
    The Shadow (the new one)
    Batman/Shadow (and Shadow/Batman)

Boom
    Grass Kings

Also have Marvel Unlimited to read some Marvel stuff such as:The various X Books, Avengers, ASM and Thor.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Kill or Be Killed
    I Hate Fairyland
    Black Magick
    The Fix
    Walking Dead (trades only)
    The Old Guard (waiting for the next story arc)

I don't buy anything from Marvel anymore.
    Last edited by married guy; 08-29-2017 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Forgot The Old Guard!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.