Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default What Would Make You Be Fully Interested in Marvel Comics Again?

Of course, my question is for those like me, who aren't feeling it like we used to. Who read less and less marvel as months go by. I personally really want to be interested again but it's very hard to do that when there is no lasting consequences of anything or no developments, no connected stories. It barely feels like a universe to me anymore.

I guess what I would love to see is something like what Hickman did but not as massive in scale. An event that's teased slowly for a couple years in multiple books that end up becoming a huge thing concerning most of the universe. I don't necessarily mean something like Secret Wars. No, smaller in scale but still affecting many people and it's been being teased for at least 2 years.

I guess I also want some traditional stuff. I need at least some of these to happen to be interested. I need a traditional Avengers team. A rotating rosters, focus on classic characters, an actual Avengers dynamic. Return of Fantastic Four. Books that are somewhat related to each other. Like New Avengers/Avengers by Hickman. FF/Fantastic Four from Fraction. I need to see the continuity. I would also love stuff like bringing back teenage heroes who haven't been seen for some time. Runaways is a great start. A team-up book featuring different characters every issue would also be really cool in my opinion.

So what do you want to see? What would make you as interested in marvel comics as you once were?

Hickman back on F4.

Less fan dividing characters and stories. Coming to the comic books shop use to be a place where everyone can talk and enjoy the characters they poved together. Now it still happens briefly before a war goes on about which character holding the same mantel is better. Which leads to less discusion and more table top games(which I don't play)

Marvel needs to learn to build up the New with Old. Period.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Cheaper price. Better art. Better writing. The same points that repeatedly get made.

Less events and overlapping books

And bring back the hotels and sea monkey ads.

Bring back newsprint.

Honestly, I'm wondering if Marvel needs to just have an "event" where everything is suddenly set back to some point as it was in the 1960s (the point in time I've used in the past was Reed and Sue's wedding) but have that take place in the "present day" and start from there. It could be a whole separate, parallel universe, but they could try to avoid being as dark/negative as the Ultimate Universe turned out. And if it was a separate reality, the now present-day stuff wouldn't be lost/erased, it would just not be part of this universe's backstory/history.
    As for how to achieve all this, you could simply try and have the O-5 X-Men attempt to return to where/when they originally came from in the past, but everything they've learned and done since they were in the "present" means they can't go back to when they came from without changing the period between that past and the present (resulting in the split realities).

But that's just me. Otherwise, too many negative (and sometimes stupid) things have happened in nearly every established character's convoluted past to really get me excited about the current Marvel universe as a whole.

To not relaunch all the books lines every 2 years or so would be a nice touch too as far i'm concerned.

Not a fan of that kind of gimmick.

Ultimate Member

Less divisive events, like Avengers vs. X-Men or Civil War or X-Men vs. Inhumans. I am not a fan of the 'Team Shirtless Werewolf vs. Team Sparkly Vampire' fanbase-dividing nonsense. Faux controversy is boring, and *someone* (Stark, Cyclops, Carol Danvers, Emma, etc.) always ends up looking assy. This isn't football, where liking one team means you have to hate another. A reader should be able to be a fan of the Avengers, the X-Men, the Inhumans and the Fantastic Four, and look forward to Tony and Steve and Scott and Carol and Medusalith teaming up against someone like Kang or Doom or Thanos.

Let the heroes fight the villains.

Hero vs. hero (except as the traditional 'we just met, so we must have a whacky misunderstanding and throw down for a couple of panels before reconciling and teaming up on the bad-guys') is no damn good for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    A team-up book featuring different characters every issue would also be really cool in my opinion.
    Yes! I liked the old Spider-Man and Thing books that teamed up each issue with a different (often rarely seen) character.

Pick someone who may or may not be able to pull off a solo (like the Thing), and go with the different team up every month.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-27-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

Less events and more stability.

The Avengers books also need to be re-tooled (just like they did with X-men).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Less events and more stability.

The Avengers books also need to be re-tooled (just like they did with X-men).
    how so? Do you mean specific separate teams?

I just want Reed and Sue back.... Also less events.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Less events and overlapping books.
    This and less cancellations. Less politics. More books in which the writer treats characters with love and respect like in Astonishing X-Men #1 and less writer soapboxing as in America #5.

Bendis gone from Iron Man and the cast returned to actual Iron Man characters.

I don't really know, what made lose interst on a lot of books is just that they don't interest me anymore, when, eventually they start some storyline that apeal to me, probably I'll be back. Somethings that usually turm me off a comic is the frequent line wide events and the nature of must of them is the Hero vs Hero type, it just don't hold my interest, quite the opposit.