0 0%
  • It's a 50/50 chance

12 26.67%
  • Unlikely

15 33.33%
  • Not happening

16 35.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As much as I'd like them to return, I really doubt it's happening. Between what Hickman said about them killing the FF book, the launch of Marvel Two-in-One, and them essentially trying to push Moon Girl as the smartest, even going as far as to put Johnny and Ben in a guest starring FF style adventure with her, really don't see it happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So around three years. Thanks.
    Yeah. The wiki didn't have the exact date for the earlier issue. But it's December dated, so I checked Comichron and it's listed in October, which would make it two years and nine months.

BANNED

People are giving marvel too much credit

Legacy was a variant cover stunt and nothing more until the press ripped into them

They weren't changing anything until the major recent backlash, the generation one shots are proof marvel needed to change things quick but with stories well in motion we won't see a big change until next year.

They are saying something about the return of an "iconic" character-I think Reed might fit, after all this event is supposed to be about Marvel's history, and what better way to celebrate it then by bringing back what pretty much started the universe in the first place (Yeah, I know Marvel's history goes back to the 40s with Cap, Namor etc but FF's considered the launch of the "Marvel age").

It's either that or Wolverine or Professor X...I guess. Although Wolverine's got quite a few replacements now (X-23, Old Man, "Good" Sabretooth and the Ultimate character). Xavier's a bit more likely, haven't they teased that a bit? Hulk seems too soon although that's also been teased a bit too with him undergoing two semi-ressurections lately...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Didn't Reed make a small appearance in Infamous Iron Man though? Maybe they will be reduced to small appearances like that....
    Not exactly, for it was revealed within INFAMOUS IRON MAN #11 that spoilers:
    "Reed" was not even the Maker, but turns out to be..... Mephisto....
    end of spoilers...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    People are giving marvel too much credit

Legacy was a variant cover stunt and nothing more until the press ripped into them

They weren't changing anything until the major recent backlash, the generation one shots are proof marvel needed to change things quick but with stories well in motion we won't see a big change until next year.
    Yup. And with reports coming out that Legacy is just a 'stop gap' until their real initiative (allegedly to course correct in whatever way they are for alleged damage control) it doesn't seem at all likely that Reed and Sue will return until after Legacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    How likely is it that Reed and Sue, or maybe only one of them, returns during Marvel Legacy?

Ignoring whether want them back or not, this is solely what you believe Marvel will do.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They are saying something about the return of an "iconic" character-I think Reed might fit, after all this event is supposed to be about Marvel's history, and what better way to celebrate it then by bringing back what pretty much started the universe in the first place (Yeah, I know Marvel's history goes back to the 40s with Cap, Namor etc but FF's considered the launch of the "Marvel age").

It's either that or Wolverine or Professor X...I guess. Although Wolverine's got quite a few replacements now (X-23, Old Man, "Good" Sabretooth and the Ultimate character). Xavier's a bit more likely, haven't they teased that a bit? Hulk seems too soon although that's also been teased a bit too with him undergoing two semi-ressurections lately...
    I voted 50/50 because I want to be optimistic. But if we discard Reed and Sue as the iconic characters returnig, then who?
    I would not count the X-franchise characters. Under the actual administration, the X-men are being keep under a low profile status and I don't think they would use a Marvel universe to bring back the relevant X-characters.
    By the way, someone else saw the new pages from Legacy 1? It seems to me to have been seen the Molecule man.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I went with 'It's a 50/50 chance'

Whenever I hear Marvel talk about the 'iconic' return, I just cannot think of anyone but Reed/Sue/The F4 who could match the hype.

BANNED

I highly doubt it. Marvel doesn't want to give FOX any more material to work with.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it depends on what you mean by "Legacy." If you mean the actual 60 page issue, then no. If you mean Legacy the branding imprint, then I'd say better than 50/50 (although I'm not confident). I think the plan is to slow build towards that return.

I'm still expecting to see Franklin Richards in the issue, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

If the Legacy one-shot doesn't have anything, Two In One will. That first arc is called Fate of the Four, so clearly we're going to find out something about Reed, Sue, and the Future Foundation's status. The Power Pack one-shot might have something too, since Alex is part of the FF.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I choose 50/50. The Fansatic Four seems to be in a rotten status right now but I feel the return will be Sue due to only one returning (explained later) and Reed is still needed for continuing the multiverse. The other classic heroes have their mantels passed on, Wolverine has his with Laura and OML, Hulk also has his cousin and biggest fan and Bruce died too recently to be brought back, Cyclops has a kinda placeholder with his younger version but like Bruce died too recently, I don't think Captain Marvel will stick around past his upcoming generations issue, so I'm struggling to guess who else is even being considered, maybe Charles Xavier and others that escape my thoughts right now. I feel hesitant that both will return, unless both were doing something in secret, or else the two-in-one book would be a new Fantastic Four book.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If the Legacy one-shot doesn't have anything, Two In One will. That first arc is called Fate of the Four, so clearly we're going to find out something about Reed, Sue, and the Future Foundation's status. The Power Pack one-shot might have something too, since Alex is part of the FF.
    I'm expecting that to lay the groundwork. To me, it's likely an ongoing mystery that won't get resolved right away. If the model is Rebirth, I suspect the intent is to resolve the plot at a similar pace to Doomsday Clock.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?