Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Default The Vengeance of Arseface

Over the last week, I was able to read the entirety of the Preacher series. I didn't really like it off the bat, but by the end I REALLY liked it.

One of the best aspects of the story was Arseface...I felt like I was reading to find out if he would be OK and cared more for him than any other character in the series.

Sorry if this is 20-year old news.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 08-27-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Over the last week, I was able to read the entirety of the Preacher series. I didn't really like it off the bat, but by the end I REALLY liked it.

One of the best aspects of the story was Arseface...I felt like I was reading to find out if he would be OK and cared more for him than any other character in the series.

Sorry if this is 20-year old news.
    Personally my experience with Preacher is that the book started out great for me. Great action, a grimy, dirty, "badass" tone, and one of the best villains I have ever read, Jesse Custer's Grandmother, but as Preacher progressed, I felt the protagonists were too unlikable for me to root for them (THEY FUCKING FLUSHED A CAT DOWN THE TOILET), and I quickly dropped the book at issue 26.

At the core,its a good story,with memorable characters.But around that core is a lot of fucked up stuff.
    Horse slaughterhouse still haunts me to this day.