Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Black Lightning too

Attachment 53889

I'm noticing a trend...
    I loved his Afro wig from the 70s. He should go back to it.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

The same place all the fat superheroes are.

It's kinda ridiculous and somewhat sad.

Diversity needs work on all fronts. There should definitely be a few bald or balding heroes. Just because a guy has a receding hairline doesn’t mean he can’t be a super hero. There should be overweight heroes. I don’t get why so many characters are so idealized. I just think they should look like regular people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    ... Just because a guy has a receding hairline doesn’t mean he can’t be a super hero..
    FYI Geoff Johns and Dale Eaglesham patterned Citizen Steel (Nathan Heywood)'s hairline, after Johns' own then receding hairline.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-15-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Retired

It continually bothers me that every live action actor that has played Alfred has a full head of hair. The only exception being William Austin, who played Alfred in the original 1943 serial, BATMAN, and who served as the model for Alfred going forward in the comic books--even Eric Wilton, who played Alfred in the following 1949 serial, BATMAN AND ROBIN, was not balding. If Gary Oldman can so perfectly look the part of James W. Gordon, is it so hard for a dedicated actor to take on the look of Alfred Pennyworth? Also, grow a moustache and don't wear any glasses, please. If the Matt Reeves Batman movie can satisfy my need to see a comics accurate Alfred, it will have scored a major victory.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Onyx or Great Ten's Thundermind yet.

Kai-Ro

And I know the OP mentioned him as the other than example, but we can't write off J'onn J'onzz, (despite the current origin, we all know he was a founder) one of the most prominent members of the Justice League, DC's greatest team.
    To argue DC has no prominent bald hero you'd have to ignore one of their most prominent.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-15-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NohWonn View Post
    Ask this same question over on the Marvel threads. Seems kind of discriminatory; the only bald heroes i can recall are Charles Xavier and martian manhunter. what's going on with that??? Seems like a preponderence of villains are bald
    I. Am. Right. Here.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Huh! Martian manhunter is bald. I wonder what martians with hair will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, there's the question, where are the bald *women!* Marvel has Moondragon, but I can't think of one at DC. I could see someone like Lady Shiva deciding that long hair is a tactical disadvantage in hand to hand fighting, and muttering 'it all goes!' and just shaving her head completely, cause she's not one for half-measures or being wishy-washy about things.
    Marvel also has Nebula and Gladiator's female cousin Xenith.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Huh! Martian manhunter is bald. I wonder what martians with hair will look like.
    In the pre-Crisis comics, all the green Martian men were bald and all the green Martian women had hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Diversity needs work on all fronts. There should definitely be a few bald or balding heroes. Just because a guy has a receding hairline doesn’t mean he can’t be a super hero. There should be overweight heroes. I don’t get why so many characters are so idealized. I just think they should look like regular people.
    I can go outside and see regular people. People in comics are idealized because it adds to the escapism.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I can go outside and see regular people. People in comics are idealized because it adds to the escapism.
    I get that. The escape part for me is on the setup. The aliens. The robots. The crazy powers. For me, that’s all the escape I like. I’m not much of a traditional costume guy either so I’m weird. Lol

Astonishing Member

What’s more escapist than a bald fat superhero?

Lol! So true!

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What’s more escapist than a bald fat superhero?
    You forgot to add old to fat and bald.