Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Pitch Me A Story: Mojo & the Mojoverse!

05E1825D-94A9-4315-B94D-ED8C7BD9E174.jpg
    Welcome to the second Pitch Me A Story thread
    Starting now, until Sunday, May 10th, 4:00 pm US EST you have the chance to submit your storyline on what you’d like to see with Mojo, and anything Mojoverse related. You must: pick the cast of the book, give us a very thorough outline and summary of your story, and we’ll go from there. This is my second try at a thread of this scope, so I’m sure we’ll be going through some growing pains, so have patience with me. Post your stories here, post POSITIVE CRITICISM of others stories, but you may not edit your story once it’s posted. If I see a story has been edited, you will be disqualified from the contest. If you vote for your own, you vote will be disqualified. Until we get more people to participate, I will be submitting my own stories, but they are ineligible to be voted for. I also will not vote for my favorite either.
    DO NOT POST YOUR CHOICE FOR FAVORITE STORY IN THIS THREAD.
    PM me your choice of winner once submissions are completed. If my PM’s are full, message me on Twitter @BeRadtz. Voting ends at 11:59 pm Monday May 11th, US EST. So please, have fun, get creative and enjoy!
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 05-06-2020 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Rule changes.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Can I make it weird and post some images in my pitch? I feel like a Mojo story needs some spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Can I make it weird and post some images in my pitch? I feel like a Mojo story needs some spice.
    Absolutely. I encourage you to be as creative as possible. I want to make these threads fun for everyone.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

This is supposed to be a Giant Size kind of story or a one-shot thing.

The Real Housewives of Krakoa on MojoTV! With your host, Mister Sinister

Welcome to the Reunion you've been waiting for! Live from Bar Sinister, our 6 favourite X-Women of Krakoa are here to discuss what has happened during the last season of The Real Housewives of Krakoa. So sit back and enjoy the show, and remember: nothing is off limits today!

Plot: The comic opens up with a spicy Reunion on MojoTV, hosted by Mister Sinister. The girls are looking great, some shade is thrown and the host is being messy, but something is really off... why are the girls acting like this, and why does the director look like a yellow, fiendish, fat man?

MMM too many questions! Let's watch some clips first!

We're shown many flashbacks of the girls in typical RH fashion. Parties, fights, accusations and not so subtle comments about Kate's questionable outfits. But during a party at the White Palace and while taking a glass of champagne from an almost naked Hellfire henchman, Jean Grey feels a little bit weird. And it's not the caviar, darlings. Sudden images start to arise in her mind, images of a battle with an alien demon in a robotic exoskeleton are flashing before her eyes, reminding her that maybe that's not where she needs to be...

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT enough with that clip!

Back at the reunion, Rogue and Monet are going at it. Monet has made some comments about both her accent and her man, the only two things the southern belle cares about. But before their fight gets physical, the host welcomes their first guest... Carol Danvers arrives, and she wants to have a word or two with Rogue.

While a fight ensues, Jean and Emma have a telepathic meeting. Jean begs Emma to stop making jokes about the Wolverine/Scott throuple thing and listen to her for a moment. She has a feeling that there's something wrong, and she shares with her the images of the fight with Mojo that she has in her mind and she points out that the yellow thing looks exactly like their director.

In the meantime, Rogue has smashed Carol's head through a wall and the reunion has moved on. Now it's finally time to talk about the topic that has had the blogs talking for weeks... is Storm's house in Wakanda finally finished? Or has is the property still work in progress? Storm says it's done, Kate says she's been there, but Emma might have brought the receipts to prove she's not been in Wakanda in ages...

Roll the Clip!

We see Storm flying back to Krakoa from Wakanda. She's been on a diplomatic mission, and she's coming back to the Island alongside The Marauders. When she and Kate reach the White Palace to brief Emma, we see an explosion coming from Bar Sinister, so big that they can see it from Hellfire Bay. Storm and Kate grab Emma, and they fly towards the habitat. Jean, Monet and Rogue arrive there also, almost at the same time. Bar Sinister has been completely destroyed, and from the ruins of it we see a yellow demon emerge...

Wait Wait that was not the clip you were supposed to see!

While the host and the director wonder where these clips are actually coming from, the ladies start to get restless. Thanks to Jean and Emma working together, some images are slipping off from Mojo's head and reality seems to be going back to what it's supposed to be...

But speaking about wacky reality, let's welcome our next guest! Wanda Maximoff, the Pretender!

Wanda teleports in and is invited to sit next to the host. Sinister is messy and he starts to push some buttons... how do you feel about Rogue stabbing you, Wanda? Wait, that was not this reality? That got erased...? Everyone looks at the director, who starts to look through his notes, completely panicking. This whole continuity thing is a mess, it's too hard to keep track!

Let's watch some older clips from M'Day then!

The ladies revive the Decimation days, and the emotions are enough to distract them from the memories coming back. The fight gets physical! Wanda hurls an hex bolt towards Rogue, while Monet pulls Wanda's wig off and hurls it to the Moon. Before Kate phases her knock-off shoes through Wanda's head, Storm summons a giant bolt of lightning to break the fight. The electricity flows through the room and burns the cameras and messes up with the tech, and reality starts to break apart in front of them.

I read here that we should see another clip at this point, but I'm not sure what it is

Back at the flashback from Bar Sinister, Mojo is making his villain speech. He says that Sinister had taken control of MojoTV to bring cable to Krakoa, and he wasn't getting anything in return! So he's decided to terminate their contract. Right at that moment, Spiral teleports in, with the headless body of Sinister Prime. The X-Women attack, but after a brief fight Spiral casts a spell, helped by Mojo's tech... and next thing wee see is the girls in ther Real Housewives attire, at the party at the White Palace.

Uhm... you were definitely not supposed to see that...

Back at the Reunion, Mister Sinister's - ehm, your host - body starts to melt, and the girls are finally starting to remember everything. Emma, Jean and Monet combine their powers to erase the mind spell that is preventing them from remembering things, and finally reality turns back to normal, as Scarlet Witch is revealed to actually be Spiral. The director realizes that his plan has failed, and he reveals himself to the girls.

They're not in at the Real Housewives Reunion, but they're trapped inside the ruins of Bar Sinister, chained by Mojo to experiment tables, as he's preparing to do some nasty things to them. Rogue and Monet break free immediately and they free the others, and a battle rages on.

After a fight sequence for the ages, Mojo is beaten up into signing a new contract with Krakoa (one that prevents murdering and kidnapping this time), and he and Spiral are sent back to Mojoworld.

The girls decide to go and grab a drink at the Tiki Bar, and they agree that throwing shade and bickering for the pleasure of the viewers is so 2000-and late. In this new era, they're supposed to work together and show that they can be powerful, independent women and not tear each other apart at the same time (this might be a meta commentary and shade to the Real Housewives franchise, but its interpreation is at the discretion of the reader).

As for Mister Sinister, your amazing host... he's sent to the Resurrection pipeline, and as soon as he emerges he looks towards the reader and he shrugs, saying that maybe next time he and Mojo should be more careful with their pilots ideas.

Characters and their taglines, in exclusive for you! Sign up to our YouTube Channel for more exclusive content!

- Emma Frost
    What makes me such a bitch? Breeding darling, top class breeding.
    - Storm
    In with the thunder, gone with wind fabulous.
    - Jean Grey
    I was fire and life incarnate, but now I'm back and some girls are about to get burnt.
    - Rogue
    Ah'm a southern belle, but Ah'll take mah gloves off if I need to.
    - Kate Pryde
    Don't come for me, unless I sail for you.
    - Monet
    My body can deal with a lot, but it can’t deal with stupid.
    Last edited by Veitha; 05-07-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Bumpity bump

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Ricochet Rita Wayword, formerly an ace stuntwoman, knows the business. She can handle negotiating contracts, spineless executives, delusional actors, falling in love, sparking a revolution and the heartbreak that comes with failure. She even handled the X-Babies for a time! She can't handle the crazy dimension called the Wildways.

She stayed in the Mojoverse for the stage and justice for her missing and forgetful lover's people. After rewriting her contract with Mojo, she's used her position as producer of the most popular show in the Mojoverse, The Adventures of Joseph and Astra and the Multiple Earths, to plant the seeds of rebellion once more and maybe even find Longshot. All she needs is the perfect song for her season finale, and she has a good idea which mutant island to search for musical inspiration.

But her eyes haven't been the same since witnessing the winding madness of the multiverse on the bow of Mojo's ship. These days, everywhere she looks she sees Spiral's wicked, dancing shadow. She may end up a madwoman herself if her looming deadline doesn't kill her.

Starring:
    Ricochet Rita/Spiral
    Mojo
    Major Domo

Featuring:
    Minor Domo
    Joseph
    Astra
    Dazzler

Rita's shooting the show partially in the Wildways, the dimemsion Mojo created for his Psylocke tv series, and navigating the dimension jumping for Astra and Joseph. It's unknowingly driving her insane. Spiral despises Rita and is determined to make the show fail. Rita feels her only option is a deal with Arize and Mojo to make her powerful like Spiral.

Bump bump bump
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Mojo Presents: A vs X

The first thing you need to know is that Mojo is not a joke. He's not some funny little fat man that makes popculture Tv references for you to laugh at. Mojo is a vile disgusting creature that twists people's bodies and souls and forces them to fight to the death for the amusement of his people.

With little reason beyond "People love to watch heroes fight heroes," and "the Avengers are really popular right now," Mojo has recruited a large group of both teams. (He's not worried about the lineups being accurate. He just wants the popular people.) Transportign them to his own battleworld he altered their minds to make them super aggressive and their bodies to make them able to continue to fight long after they should have died from their wounds. Yeah, this is going to be a bloody one. And even AFTER some of them die, he clones them back to life and alters memories so they can continue the fight.

At the start of the story, the war has been going on for months.

The story focuses on Darwin, due to his powers he's immune to Mojo's tampering. (Mojo actually didn't want him anyway. He just happened to be part of a group Mojo scooped up.) Along the way, Darwin is trying to stay alive while working to get both teams back home. This is a lot harder than it sounds in a world where just slightly disagreeing with somebody is a cause for them to attack you with lethal force. He also has the problem that his allies have a bad habit of dying and being reset to Mojo's default state.

I suck at this. I'm only good at creating lineup images but I'll give it a shot.

X-MEN: RICOCHET RITA AND THE WAY BACK TAKE BACK

Cast: Mojo, Spiral, Cyclops, Psylocke (Kwannon), Beast, Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee...and a special guest-star at the end of the issue.

Mojo's ratings have plummeted so he's resorting to the only tactic he knows will guarantee the numbers he needs...NOSTALGIA! But after his Re-Animators go on strike, he is forced to use claymation for his re-production of X-Men: The Animated Series. Using deteriorating, lifeless figurines as stand-ins for his love letter to the 1990's, he plans on terrifying the inner-child of his viewers, ruining childhoods everywhere!

Spiral sees the immediate benefits, but knows this method is short-sighted. Quite frankly...she's bored. Same old costumes, same old X-Men. In fact, even she has reverted to her metallic body armor, her Uncanny X-Force costume in a nearby trashbin, with her short******d (-l i v e d, Idk why this is getting censored) Sisterhood hoodie laying right underneath it. She closes her eyes and she's all the versions of herself across timelines...and then one, seemingly stuck on a loop, as Mojo's henchwoman.

To shake things up, she revamps the Body Shoppe with special group of kidnapped mutants she's dubbed The Four: Sage, Masque, Skein, and Surgeon. Together they use their mutant powers to create totally organic and believable retcons and transformations.

Mojo does what he does and captures a group of familiar X-Men: Cyclops, Psylocke, Jubilee, Beast, Rogue and Gambit. The heroes quickly defeat their claymation counterparts, but are tricked and captured one-by-one by Spiral and her sorcery.

As the X-Men reunite and emerge from the shadows, it's revealed they didn't escape bur rather were released from capture.

Beast has white fur and horns like his magic-using future self...

Jubilee has a modernized look, including a yellow hoodie and no sign of pink dishwashing gloves...

Rogue has permanent access to Longshot's luck abilities...

Gambit has visions of other timelines, like both Spiral and his future counterpart the Witness...

Cyclops learned...that Rachel is not biologically his child!

and Kwannon emerges, wearing new clothes and Spiral's helmet. When she removes Spiral's helmet from her head to throw it on the ground, she realizes she's thrown it with four extra flesh arms extending from her body, all hands glowing with a psychic knife. And she's pissed.

Elsewhere, Rita Wayword narrates her resignation letter to Mojo as she approaches a large brownstone building along a crowded street, a bright yellow raincoat folded in one arm. Doctor Strange answers and the bold woman asks the Sorcerer Supreme, "how do you feel about a little change?".

Fin.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 05-09-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Alright everyone, there we have it. Time to cast your votes for the winner.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: