Spectacular Member

Default Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade Indepth Review & Analysis | Road To DK3

The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade Indepth Review & Analysis | Road To Dark Knight 3.

The Dark Knight Returns is regarded by many as the greatest Batman Graphic Novel of all time. On it's release it massively changed perceptions of the character and set in stone many of the characteristics of The Dark Knight that we hold true today.

So good thing they released this to completely ruin it.

As Dark Knight 3 get's released in Trade next month I decided to review and analyse the canon thus far.

Here is my video review of Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade.

Cheers
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

How lazy Frank is. That pretty much sums it up. The fact that there were all the massive delays for TDK3 are testament to that. This book was such a massive letdown. The whole point of this book was supposed to be what happened - how did Jason get killed. What exactly did the Joker do. How did it effect Bruce. We didn't get that. Considering it was such a short one-shot we should have somewhat expected that. It would have made more sense to start the book with what happened to Jason and how it effected Bruce, but instead he decided to stick to his 'style' that he uses in all of his books with all of the little news bit frames. This book is like first time sex when you're a teenager. Big buildup, very disappointing.

P.S. Your video editing is great
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

BANNED

Haha this reads like a late to the party backlash over the unanimously great response upon release.

It`s a prequel, not a road to DK3 and is easily the best single story Miler has written for his verse in recent memory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    How lazy Frank is. That pretty much sums it up. The fact that there were all the massive delays for TDK3 are testament to that. This book was such a massive letdown. The whole point of this book was supposed to be what happened - how did Jason get killed. What exactly did the Joker do. How did it effect Bruce. We didn't get that
    Yeah, we did. Jason was groomed to be his actual sucessor. Read the talk between Bruce and Alfred, it`s pretty self explanatory, what he didn`t get with Dick he was finally getting with Jason. With him, Bruce was finally facing the prospect of a good life, taking the backseat of someone who the bigger promise.

It`s what he achieves later with Carrie at the end of DKR. It`s also how DK3 ends with Superman.