Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Dean caine looks white as ****. Doesnt matter what race you are,only what you look like if he looked Asian he wouldnt have gotten the role. Mamoa is native american and Hawain, thats like saying Black Adam is asian because the rock is half Samoan. Ned isnt even really ned leeds, he is Ganke with the name of a Hob Goblin but hes Peters best friend. They didnt change ned, they just changed Gankes name. Kristen Kruek as lana looked white and in the show both of her parent were white.Flash is one ill give you, hes in 8mins of the movie but it counts.
    Flash was played by a Guatemalan actor though.

BANNED

Dean caine looks white as ****.
    Er...

10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    I'm seeing you and I aren't thinking alike all that much, which is perfectly okay with me. I'm good with that. I'm pretty confident Ed Skrein and Miss Sasha Lane could be too. Also it's "there", not "their".
    Could be too what? Nothing you've said makes any sense at all. You don't think Ed Skrein can play a character that's part Asian despite there being people that are part Asian in the real world that don't look Asian at all. Yet you think Sasha Lana can play a super pale redhead Irish woman? Have you seen her and pale Irish people? You aren't even being consistent with your own logic

According to Variety Daniel Dae Kim is in talks to take over the role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    According to Variety Daniel Dae Kim is in talks to take over the role.
    Not Japanese.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Part of the reason to hire minority actors is to help create more experienced actors who can fill those roles. It's somewhat defeated if you hire the same four people in everything.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Well at the very least he should consider playing Union Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Not Japanese.
    So what's more racist? Whitewashing or hiring a korean actor to play a japanese character? I wouldn't be surprised if someone hashtags allasianslookalike.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Part of the reason to hire minority actors is to help create more experienced actors who can fill those roles. It's somewhat defeated if you hire the same four people in everything.
    That's very true. Give new blood a chance.

BANNED

Hollywood is like the majors, and they get their new blood from all over the world. There are whole Asian film markets that Hollywood pulls experienced actors and stars from. Hollywood isn't really in the helping a actor get experience game.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    So what's more racist? Whitewashing or hiring a korean actor to play a japanese character? I wouldn't be surprised if someone hashtags allasianslookalike.
    Less racist, but not exactly accurate. They hired an Israeli Actress to play Greek Wonder Woman. They do to this with caucasian actors all the time, so it's at least being consistent.

I'm a little sad because I can't think of a mainstream Japanese Actor to play the role. (Cary Hiroyuki Tagaway is probably too old at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Its about not taking asian roles away from asian actors. It doesnt matter that dr strange is played by a brit. Hes still white. Doent matter Kim is Korean, he still an asian actor. And a deserving actor at that

Ultimately, they are actors. It's all pretend. American's play Brits and vice versa all the time. He's asian and reasonably looks like the character he'll be playing.

I'm also happy to see him land this role since he just left a TV show because they wouldn't pay him the same as his white co stars. I hope this role is big for him.

Its about not taking asian roles away from asian actors. It doesnt matter that dr strange is played by a brit. Hes still white. Doent matter Kim is Korean, he still an asian actor. And a deserving actor at that
    Japanese people will complain. This is one of the many things people complain about when casting. All of asia is interchangeable when it comes to movies and they dont like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Japanese people will complain. This is one of the many things people complain about when casting. All of asia is interchangeable when it comes to movies and they dont like that.
    Heh, *interchangeable*. I would think that for casting a role the ethnical traits need to fit, but also the personal features/aptitudes in regards to the portrayal.

Just like how not ALL white actresses could play Alice Monaghan, but I guess Sasha Lane could, eventhough she'd be of mixed heritage. Not ALL Asian actors would suit the Daimio role, but Kim seems good casting to me.

Disqualifying actors for not being the "exact ethnicity" as how complainers seem to do - for either Kim or Lane, now THAT seems fucking bigoted to me.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper