Default Clock King New 52 and Rebirth

So I'm trying to catch up on Deathstroke Rebirth, bought the first trade and I'm hooked. But I'm confused about its version of Clock King. It's clearly different from the N52 version. Is this just tossing the New 52 version out like Lobo and Waller with little explanation or is this guy different guy not named Tockman, but also calls himself Clock King?IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg

BANNED

Weird. The New 52 version still exists.

5423621-green+arrow+#6+(2016)+-+page+13.jpg

Essentially there are two Clock Kings. The classic, white, version and a newer, black, version.

Pretty sure the latter is the only one that's still alive between the two of them.

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure the classic still calls himself Tockman. Basically, Priest, unless he's forced to do so, shies away from including anything New 52 in his work. So, therefore, two Clock Kings: the classic and the newer version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the classic still calls himself Tockman. Basically, Priest, unless he's forced to do so, shies away from including anything New 52 in his work. So, therefore, two Clock Kings: the classic and the newer version.
    Actually I don't think the "classic" Clock King from Deathstroke Rebirth ever mentions his real name. Unless it's mentioned passed where I've read. I'm pretty sure the new 52 crime lord is Tockman.
    Wasn't sure he still existed until Starchild pointed it out. So it's 2 different guys who have nothing to do with each other, with the same code name.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Actually I don't think the "classic" Clock King from Deathstroke Rebirth ever mentions his real name. Unless it's mentioned passed where I've read. I'm pretty sure the new 52 crime lord is Tockman.
    Unless stated otherwise, we can assume he's the classic William Tockman because he's wearing Tockman's costume. I doubt Priest meant to create a new Clock King. He likely just thought "this is who William Tockman is to me." Again, he doesn't seem quite too fond of New 52 stuff.

But something that I do find interesting was that there were actually three Clock Kings running around during the N52, including one with the original costume.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-28-2017 at 03:08 PM.

BANNED

Don't worry too much about continuity with Deathstroke.

Priest is doing his own thing. Most of New 52 and Post-Crisis are out for the character, and the supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

But something that I do find interesting was that there were actually three Clock Kings running around during the N52, including one with the original costume.
    A third? Where'd that one show up?
    And yeah this run is definitely avoiding the new 52 shite. Waved off how he was a pretty boy with black thing in a throwaway line too. Thank god for that.
    Of all the things I hate about the new 52, I hated how everyone, lobo, Oliver Queen, Waller, Slade, etc, needed to look like generic 20 something models, the most.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 08-28-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    A third? Where'd that one show up?
    And yeah this run is definitely avoiding the new 52 shite. Waved off how he was a pretty boy with black thing in a throwaway line too. Thank god for that.
    Of all the things I hate about the new 52, I hated how everyone, lobo, Oliver Queen, Waller, Slade, etc, needed to look like generic 20 something models, the most.
    From Wikipedia

In The New 52 timeline reboot after Flashpoint, three different Clock Kings were shown existing:

Billy Tockman is an African-American crime boss based in Seattle. Tockman owns a nightclub called the Midnight Lounge, and vintage clock repair shop called the Clock King, which he uses as a front for his operations. [Green Arrow (vol. 2) #22] While Green Arrow is off dealing with The Outsiders, Diggle, along with Naomi Singh and Henry Fyff, talk Tockman into taking down Richard Dragon, to which he agrees. When they meet to take down Dragon, Tockman betrays them, claiming Dragon made a better offer. When Green Arrow returns and faces Dragon, he holds Naomi and Fyff at gunpoint on Dragon's orders and ends up shooting Fyff, then promptly getting beat up and knocked out by Emiko Queen.

Another Clock King, wearing the original Clock King costume, battles the newest incarnation of the Birds of Prey amped up on Venom.[Batman: the Dark Knight (vol. 2) #2]

Another, bearing an appearance similar to his Animated Series look (but with a black and blue suit and black and yellow glasses), referred to as Bill, tries to rob a store alongside his roommate Sportsmaster. He is stopped by Harley Quinn and Power Girl, but not before teleporting them into another dimension. He is shown to have the ability to rewind time. [Harley Quinn (vol.2) #11-13]
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-28-2017 at 09:22 PM.