Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS Annual Preview/Discussion

Mighty Member

Omg that page when they're introduced. That is so dramatic. Also Artemis outfit is actually really nice.

If someone told me during the start of RHATO that Jason was going to end up riding a motorbike through a wheel of fire across a stadium of clowns shooting milk bottles I wouldn't have believed them but judging by Dicks face he probably thought the same.

The most unbelievable part of this is how on earth he convinced Artemis and Bizzaro this was a good idea.

Loving this set up so far. KGBeast is in top lethal form and to be honest I'm so eager for RHATO content that the team and Nightwing could just have fun playing with circus acts and I'd be happy.

BANNED

KGB introductions is likely a nod to Jason`s classic scene in UTRH where he shots to set a guy on fire and then says "I`m here, what`s the message"?

Altho it kind of gives me that Aquaman vibe in that scene with Bruce from the trailer.

Really excited for this after some controversy with Jason`s appearances two weeks ago. I know it`s Loedbell and I`m sure it will be fine but pwease don`t have the Outlaws job in any way to Nigthwing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    KGB introductions is likely a nod to Jason`s classic scene in UTRH where he shots to set a guy on fire and then says "I`m here, what`s the message"?

Altho it kind of gives me that Aquaman vibe in that scene with Bruce from the trailer.

Really excited for this after some controversy with Jason`s appearances two weeks ago. I know it`s Loedbell and I`m sure it will be fine but pwease don`t have the Outlaws job in any way to Nigthwing.
    I'm more worried about Nightwing. His guest appearances in other books aren't exactly highlights.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I'm more worried about Nightwing. His guest appearances in other books aren't exactly highlights.
    I'm still trying to figure out why anyone at all is worried about Jason (or the other Outlaws for that matter) being jobbed here. This is their own book and it's being written by their own writer who is not known for doing anything of the sort.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

How were his showings recently? I haven't been following.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    The most unbelievable part of this is how on earth he convinced Artemis and Bizzaro this was a good idea.
    In all fairness rhato had done a great job of establishing their relationships, and the trio are pretty 'ride or die' for each other.
    The conversation could have been as basic as:

Jason: I'm gonna join the circus. Riding my bike through rings of fire and shooting bottles, kay.

Artemis: Very well, I will join

Bizarro: Bizarro join too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    In all fairness rhato had done a great job of establishing their relationships, and the trio are pretty 'ride or die' for each other.
    The conversation could have been as basic as:

Jason: I'm gonna join the circus. Riding my bike through rings of fire and shooting bottles, kay.

Artemis: Very well, I will join

Bizarro: Bizarro join too.
    Not without severe objection followed by jaded resignation from Artemis first.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-28-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Not without severe objection followed by jaded resignation from Artemis first.
    Sorry, I forgot to add a long suffering SIGH by Artemis before she accepted

Mighty Member

How were his showings recently? I haven't been following.
    Well there was the Bane arc ( For everyone though) ,he had to be saved in BoP, the Lazarus Contract, the entire run of Titans so far.

Well there was the Bane arc ( For everyone though) ,he had to be saved in BoP, the Lazarus Contract, the entire run of Titans so far.
    Yeah but in fairness, most of those were unfortunate showings due to circumstance and narrative.

Bane was against everyone anyway, that hardly counts as an unfair portrayal of Dick and more as a tired trope of Batman using Robins as sacrificial lambs. Again. BoP is a very stereotypical 'girl power' kind of book, so having an inverted trope storyline, ergo, a male 'damsel in distress' is the predictable route for that book. And why Dick of all heroes? Well he knows each of the heroines plus with the whole dickbabs fire being 'reingnited' its kind of a given, unfortunately. Lazarus Contract was an atrocious bomb of an arc that I would say Damian came out looking the worst in all fairness, he was unbearable for me in that. Again its the Bane 'we all suffer' kind of route.

Titans is the one that I think in all fairness is the worst in all that you named, since their it has no excuse to treat Dick as shoddy as it does, especially since he is the star power in the book. I wouldnt have even given it the chance that I did if he hadnt been in it.

Not saying people have no right to be upset, just that most those are entirely bad arcs, arcs where most characters had the short end of the stick, or arcs where Dicks character had the unfortunate situation of fitting the narrative, but not in a way that is meant to represent his character with malicious intent. Except Titans, I don't understand whats going on there.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-28-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Been looking forward to this. Glad Nightwing is guest starring.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Been looking forward to this. Glad Nightwing is guest starring.
    I can't remember an arc that had Jason and Dick having some brotherly bonding since the tentacle arc *shudders*. I hope we get something worthwhile here, considering the previous rate, we may not get another bloody arc with the two of them for another decade.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    True enough.
    I keep thinking to myself Artemis is probably the one who makes some attempt at having a sane idea compared to the other two until I remember Jason followed Arty back to his deathplace for the sole sake of helping out and Biz literally ride and died for his two reds.

These two are dorks but they're Artemis' dorks, if that means indulging Jasons weird circus shindig then she's in.