Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Good begin with KGbeast

I found a little funny these 3 in the circus..

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That's why I said Could be
    I realize that however I don't agree that there is a reason to worry in the first place because these events are happening in RHATO and not some other Bat connected title. I might agree that the concern is warranted if this was Jason appearing in Nightwing lets say but that isn't the case.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

As long it`s organically presented I don`t care a lick about whether they see each other as BFF. The jobbing remark is mostly a gasp of mine towards Artemis and Bizarro.

To make it blunt, so far it seems a story up the alley of Dick and Jason, not really the other two. Im confident that loedbell will make it work somehow but that is my one worry.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 08-29-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I mean we know he isn't but we also know that Jason's strength lies in his shooting skill and neither of them are trying to compete in those areas. I dunno I just think it's an odd complaint.
    Jason is good at a lot of things apart from shooting, and I would just like to see them more often, especially in his own book.

Sooo that was kinda fun. We get some nice outside information from Dick on Jasons behavior and the hard work he put into being Robin, it is nice for once to get an some outside perspective on that, and from the most revered batfam member of all no less (besides Alfred of course).

spoilers:
    Lobdell seems to have lifted a part of Tims backstory here and had Jason see and admire Dick as a child when Dick was performing in the circus. Makes sense I suppose, he is a Gothamite, one would think he would hear if a circus was in town.

Also, hi Willis Todd, will you be coming back to the story any time soon?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Another possible point of contention is Dick's infamous preference for red heads.
    spoilers:
    Yikes I think you may have been a bit too right about that Dark. But in all seriousness though, its presented as flirty, harmless, more of a means to get to know Jason more anyway, and finally brushed off by the end. I think the shippers can rest easy.

Also knowing that this all occurs BEFORE issue 12 and also was most likely a finished script months ago also puts some perspective on it. Plus the fact that the general theme of the annual is Jasons insecurities and how he DOESNT or TRIES not to let those feelings get to him, kinda fits with the overall story. In fact Dick mentions that he is glad to see Jason being a better big brother to Biz than he ever was to Jay, case point, Dick being all mister steal your girl, whilst Jason is getting Biz a girl by pep talking him, ha just kidding. That being said, Dick is pretty good in this, he kinda gets dragged into Jasons shenanigans but Dick is the original circus boy so not to much of a loss on his part. I had been worried on how Lobdell would present their relationship since well, Dick really wasn't all that great with Jason in post crisis until his last days, a bit too little too late, and the story represents that tension pretty fairly without necessarily blaming either character, instead blaming the circumstance, which was nice to see, it seems they are on the road to healing and looking to the future more so than the past, if Artemis's words and advice is anything to go by.

If I had one issue with the annual, I would say the pacing is kinda off, it wraps up a bit too quickly by the end, but overall a cute little side story.

and man oh man seeing Jason smile and laugh is.....so surreal.
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Couple more things!!
    spoilers:
    MINOR thing here but, I really enjoyed the circus girl that hooks up with Bizarro, it was pretty cute to see something thats often used as the butt of a joke (the girls condition) presented here with no strings attached. As in, we get that Bizarro would see no big deal in her appearance but no one else (including Jason who initially referred to her being 'hot' before the 'reveal') makes any sort of 'eek' or 'well I guess they cant be perfect' remark for the sake of a 'jokey' one liner. It was surprisingly refreshing to read.

Also the line: "we share a father" from Dick. Lobdell out here doin Gods work and really drilling the idea of the boys as a 'family' home. Yes I know its obvious, but its still nice to hear.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-30-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Damn. I'm too tempted to read it now seeing as you have a lot to say (haven't read though don't want to spoil myself). I want to save it for tonight after work as a reward for myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

spoilers:
    Also the line: "we share a father" from Dick. Lobdell out here doin Gods work and really drilling the idea of the boys as a 'family' home. Yes I know its obvious, but its still nice to hear.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    TWO lines referencing their "father"... Bless Lobdell. At least he gets it.
    end of spoilers

This issue was very satisfying.

BANNED

Just got it and skimming through I can already say what is the thing I won`t like

Artemis.towers.Jason.and.Dick. She`s not shorter or the same height, DC. This also happened in Trinity. How can a visual detail so easy to get doesn`t come across like that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Artemis.towers.Jason.and.Dick. She`s not shorter or the same height, DC. This also happened in Trinity. How can a visual detail so easy to get doesn`t come across like that?
    She is iirc listed at 6'0'' so she is the same hight as Jason but taller than Dick. (On the other hand I would really finally have the artist draw Jason taller and broader than Dick).

BANNED

She wasn`t drawn the same height in RATHO compared to Jason. That`s part of the fun. Jason being the shorty of the gang.

BANNED

On the other hand the one biggest concern everyone had surrounding the issue is no concern at all. Loedbell handles the relationship of Jason and Dick in the way you would have expected after a fallout and bridging where it started. No pushover emotional drama, no neediness, no fudging one character on the expense of the other because one of them is pushed as more in the right. Just natural siblings with issues talking to each other and stepping up when mom is yelling at them.

You know who.

Mighty Member

Aww it was cute. Pacing was iffy at the end. Also that tension was something. I actually wish they talked more to each other near the end. Also Dick just strips to his underwear anywhere.

BANNED

Like I thought, the character bits were good but the fight was so-so.

This is what happens when the big bad is KGBeast and he`s supposed to be fighting a Dark Trinity and there`s only one issue of it. He played almost the Bane part but with the crazy tech.

BANNED

My favorite bit is the explanation as to how the tension between the brothers actually started.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    My favorite bit is the explanation as to how the tension between the brothers actually started.
    That was great. I want cameos in each other's book now. Like not too much, but I like the interaction too much for it to just sit there, especially after that last convo and Jason's speech that he couldn't say.