Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Yeah, because Tim was the first Robin to have met another in a circus venue.

#sarcasm.
    Right? Jasons first appearance had him as an actual circus performer, thats where he and Dick had initially met right?, I thought it was a cute easter egg to pre crisis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post

Not to mention, there's nothing that is stopping Tim's current writer from saying Tim saw Dick at the circus, too. Jason's story also doesn't have him seeing Dick's parents fall. Both kids who live in Gotham can see a circus.
    Bloody Hell. I just realized that if by some miracle Tim's original backstory IS restored, all three subsequent male Robins will have been primarily inspired by Dick in the current continuity. Even leaving aside the "Gag me with a spoon" factor, isn't the Robins being seen as interchangeable something we ALL have a problem with?

Awful because he is using something that was part of Jason's story first? Stop. Writers and audiences love Easter eggs like this.

Not to mention, there's nothing that is stopping Tim's current writer from saying Tim saw Dick at the circus, too. Jason's story also doesn't have him seeing Dick's parents fall. Both kids who live in Gotham can see a circus.
    I hope that they make official that the first 3 Robins meet each other in the same night, at this point, why not?

I'm so and so with this new/old admiration of Jason for Dick personally, but whatever, althought the idea of then being like Leo/Ralph of TMNT 2003 isn't completly unapealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Bloody Hell. I just realized that if by some miracle Tim's original backstory IS restored, all three subsequent male Robins will have been primarily inspired by Dick in the current continuity. Even leaving aside the "Gag me with a spoon" factor, isn't the Robins being seen as interchangeable something we ALL have a problem with?
    Jason saw Dick perform at a circus and thought he was cool. It's not that in depth.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason saw Dick perform at a circus and thought he was cool. It's not that in depth.
    This goes beyond "He just thought it was cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    If the roles were flipped everyone would be screaming bloody murder and be ready to lynch Lobdell. Hell, people already threw a fit when Lobdell made Jason Tim's inspiration despite him never writing Tim as much of a kiss ass for Jason how he's writing Jason for Dick here. But since is Dick freaking Grayson is fine for everyone to knelt down and kiss his feet.

Is hard to not feel upset when the same character continues to be treated as the best thing since the sliced bread and never having to take responsibility nor being called out for his actions. Although you're right, if there's anyone to blame here is editorial.
    I understand it's frustrating I get that especially when he is simply guesting but like you say it's on editorial.

I like Dick and Jason being brotherly [Not too Brotherly] so this hit great spots for me.

The comment was about how Dick "inspired" Jason, as in his reason for becoming Robin. That's a stretch.

Not to mention, that's not what my comment was.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I understand it's frustrating I get that especially when he is simply guesting but like you say it's on editorial.

I like Dick and Jason being brotherly [Not too Brotherly] so this hit great spots for me.

Same. I want all of them to be brotherly, but with different relationships with each brother.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I hope that they make official that the first 3 Robins meet each other in the same night, at this point, why not?
    Somehow I don't see that happening.

I don't mind Dick being an inspiration to all the others. He is the 1st afterall.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-30-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Same. I want all of them to be brotherly, but with different relationships with each brother.
    Exactly. They don't need to be gushing over each other but I like when they are depicted as a family. The Bat family is one of the best things about Batman.

Mighty Member

Dick confirmed inspirational. Almost as much as Superman at this point. Also Willis had his moments!

Anyway. I'm taking this issue as confirmation that Dick and Jason are still adopted.

Is hard to not feel upset when the same character continues to be treated as the best thing since the sliced bread and never having to take responsibility nor being called out for his actions. Although you're right, if there's anyone to blame here is editorial.
    Okay that I can agree with.

Dicks time alongside Jason, during his epic feud with Bruce, was not his shiniest moment, though ironically enough, it was what made me more interested in him and fall in love with his character because surprise surprise he wasnt the flawless character everyone thought he was. There were more moments like this that humanized him along the years but this was the first that I had read, and that I feel made a big impact. Seeing him display such negative aspects of his personality, stubbornness, pettiness was refreshing, and interesting, but to get back on track....Point being although I did commend this story for blaming circumstances for Jason and Dicks poor relationship, its mainly cause I'm just glad its not victim blaming Jason AGAIN. Because yeah, Dick was pretty shite during Jasons years, it has to be said, (especially compared to how he was with Tim and Damian) hell it even somewhat helped to justify their tarnished relationship down the track, because even though Jason (post crisis) respected Dick and admired his skills, he loathed him and when considering the lack of a bridge built between them initially from one shining mentor/star student to the new insecure kid on the block you could understand why.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The problem is not being brotherly, the problem is the way they present the relationship as not being one of equals. And while is true is not rare for a younger brother to idolize an older one, there's no real build up here to explain that attitude from Jason. Something akin to Tim's respect for Jason and his legacy would've been much more in character for Jason and respectful to his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Dick confirmed inspirational. Almost as much as Superman at this point. Also Willis had his moments!
    Dick is an inspiration for everyone, from Tim and Jason to the whole Justice League, let's be real.