Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Oh my gosh yes I love vanisher!

BANNED

I just loved how X-Force found many amusing ways to kick him around. Funny thing is that he actually turned out to be a halfway decent guy, too.

Incredible Member

Ever since the first X-MEN flick featuring Ray Park as the Toad. I liked how they upgraded the character from being a whipping boy in a metrosexual jester's costume for guys like Magneto. The flick on top of getting him upgraded powers with the sticky resin ,and tongue which made the bloke a threat. He was also quite a competent henchmen for Mags in the film as well. Always thought he could go through a similar upgrade in the comics. In the early Nineties they tried to make him a mastermind with a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. But that never seemed to stick. I could see him working as an assistant to someone like Mister Sinister. Or even a techie for hire for the underworld seeing the guy was listed in Marvel Universe Handbook.

Ultimate Member

For Sinister, he's got genetic material from dozens, perhaps hundreds, of different mutants (Threnody destroyed one of his labs, but stated up-front that it was just one of his storage places...), and it would be interesting to see him focus on something other than that kids of Scott and Jean. You could design some pretty funky mutants mixing up the power-sets of other couples (or non-couples, or even same-gender pairings, since it hardly matters unless you try to do something whacky like make a boy child from two women who don't have a Y chromosome to contribute). A whole team of young mutants who find out that their previous lives and families have been telepathic implants, and that they are actually creations of Sinister's from spliced DNA could be funky, combing elements of various recognizable mutants, without actually dealing with silliness like magical pregnancies or kids being sent off to age up in alternate dimensions or whatever.

Dark Beast, in Age of Apocalypse, claimed that hundreds of mutants had been through his camps, and that he'd spliced some of their enhancements into himself. And then... A fat stack of jack. He never displayed any powers that 616 Beast did, that I noticed, and seemed kind of inferior to Hank. What a let-down! A version of him with lots of other physical enhancements, like the ability to absorb and conduct electricity, or lengthen and animate his fur, or breathe and function underwater, or the ability to generate poison, pyrophoric compounds, acid or even liquid explosives from his skin (not awesome stuff like telepathy+telekinesis or weather control!) could be funky. It could be rationalized that he couldn't give himself powers like weather control or time travel or whatever without replacing important parts of his own DNA, and possibly damaging his intellect (of which he's quite fond), which is why his many powers are physical and not the sorts of powers that would radically change his nature (or threat level).

BANNED

Inferior to 616 Beast? I see you must of not read X-Men Unlimited #10.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Dark Beast, in Age of Apocalypse, claimed that hundreds of mutants had been through his camps, and that he'd spliced some of their enhancements into himself. And then... A fat stack of jack. He never displayed any powers that 616 Beast did, that I noticed, and seemed kind of inferior to Hank. What a let-down! A version of him with lots of other physical enhancements, like the ability to absorb and conduct electricity, or lengthen and animate his fur, or breathe and function underwater, or the ability to generate poison, pyrophoric compounds, acid or even liquid explosives from his skin (not awesome stuff like telepathy+telekinesis or weather control!) could be funky. It could be rationalized that he couldn't give himself powers like weather control or time travel or whatever without replacing important parts of his own DNA, and possibly damaging his intellect (of which he's quite fond), which is why his many powers are physical and not the sorts of powers that would radically change his nature (or threat level).
    Reminds me of the Mutant X Beast, he continued messing around with his mutation and added gills and more
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Mystique would be more like she was originally; a skilled leader with an agenda of her own (who also wasn't running around naked and crushing on Wolverine).

Exodus would be an actual native American who was recruited by Magneto after developing alpha level psionic ability.

Jason Wyngarde would have been working for british intelligence (in a role similar to Pete Wisdom or Scratch) when he encountered Magneto and have already curried favor with the Hellfire Club's London branch by passing along sensitive information, helping to cover up criminal activity, etc.

Toad's skill as an engineer and tinkerer would have been present from the start and his contribution to a hopefully more competent Brotherhood; as opposed to being the comic relief or some kind of sniveling punching bag.

Magneto would have started out more like he is in the cinematic universe; driven, myopically convinced of mutant superiority, but less deranged (and certainly not beating up his underlings or making Scarlet Witch dance).

Spiral would be an actual mutant born with multiple limbs and the eventually developing the ability to teleport who was kidnapped/taken to mojoworld as a child (because her teleportation ability would be useful in corralling other victims) - there she'd be apprenticed to whomever was running the body shoppe - the "magic" bolts and some of that other stuff is actually the result of her self experimentation/cybernetics

neither Elias Bogan or the Sublime bacteria would exist

the Savageland would be a discarded project of the High Evolutionary

Astra, former Magneto fling and a pupil of the High Evolutionary, created Zaladane and Lornadane as weapons to use against her former crush. a fresh out of the artificial womb rapidly-learning-adolescent-Lornadane was found by SHIELD or the military during an excursion in the Savageland. they assumed that she was just some poor lost kidnapee with partial amnesia (she did keep saying "lornadane"). they couldn't find the 'Danes.' so she was put up for adoption. anyways, Astra eventually perfected her experiment and gave us Joseph; a more complete clone (Zaladane and her sister have other unidentified dna in the mix).

Gamesmaster was one of Professor X's pre-X-Men recruits (this would include Changeling & Tessa) but was driven insane by his omnipathy. Xavier's intended to use him in much the same way that he used Cerebro; to monitor and locate new mutants.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-03-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'd revamp Victor Creed a great deal - there is so much field between each and every writer. In one arc, he can be a meathead easily dispatchable and in another arc, he's a towering and imposing villian that is cunning, lethal brutal and resourceful. Currently, he's some weird mental teenage, millenial type trying to be cool.

If there is any character out there in sore need of a back to basics approach its Creed. Not many characters have had their character destroyed more than Sabretooth. This current trend to make him a weak anti-hero is baffling in its conception and remarkable in the failure of its execution. A character who's done so much evil and vile **** to humanity has no redeeming qualities and he doesn't need to have any. Post Claremont Sabretooth has been awful with some mild redemeption as a nasty villian under Rememender.

Sabretooth as a sick, rapist, murdering sociopath who gets off on torture of his prey is the perfect foil for Wolverine as an reminder that he's just one bad day away from being the animal that Sabretooth embraces.

It's high time that Sabretooth is making a name for himself as a guy that both the good guys and the bad guys fear - his very name should send shivers down everyone's spine.

Ugh - I get so mad when I see Sabretooth in 2017

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I seriously like the thought of Cyclops being the Darth Vader of the X-Men. I'm a sucker for a "chosen one" lost to corruption story.