Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If You Could Revamp an X-Man villain how would you do it?

I honestly would revamp Lady Deathstrike maybe it's because I first saw her in the 1990's cartoon but I honestly like her backstory in that it made her very complex and it also made Wolverine's relationship with her very unique. I'd probably make her like her Live Action counter part(that had powers similar to Wolverine) and for her to be that one person Logan could have had a potential semi normal life with then have her father be so psycho possessive and unaccepting of Logan he'd arrange for Logan to be captured by Weapon X all the while making it look like Logan just wanted the adamantium and used her to get it but for his plans one flaw to be that Logan ended up killing him in a frenzied rage and a distraught Yuriko would be lead to believe that Logan used her to get to her father and his adamantium and then killed her father causing her to perform the procedure on herself thus making her Lady Deathstrike.

I like this idea because it would add a lot of tragedy to both characters and would make her more interesting especially if on some level she still loved him like despite all the times she may try killing him she's never able to finish him off essentially being his enemy as an excuse to keep him in her life.

Sinister needs to be a legit creepy, formidable and evil villain rather than this vaudeville crap or monster of the week stuff his more recent appearances have been. For me, one of his more impressive villainous arcs in the vein of how I think he should be like, was Tieri's Weapon X. So, I'd have Sinister more like in that appearance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I honestly would revamp Lady Deathstrike maybe it's because I first saw her in the 1990's cartoon but I honestly like her backstory in that it made her very complex and it also made Wolverine's relationship with her very unique. I'd probably make her like her Live Action counter part(that had powers similar to Wolverine) and for her to be that one person Logan could have had a potential semi normal life with then have her father be so psycho possessive and unaccepting of Logan he'd arrange for Logan to be captured by Weapon X all the while making it look like Logan just wanted the adamantium and used her to get it but for his plans one flaw to be that Logan ended up killing him in a frenzied rage and a distraught Yuriko would be lead to believe that Logan used her to get to her father and his adamantium and then killed her father causing her to perform the procedure on herself thus making her Lady Deathstrike.

I like this idea because it would add a lot of tragedy to both characters and would make her more interesting especially if on some level she still loved him like despite all the times she may try killing him she's never able to finish him off essentially being his enemy as an excuse to keep him in her life.
    Deathstrike suffers a LOT of Flanderization. She's actually already a quite complex character, and she's had plenty of development over the years. The problem is writers are constantly reverting her back to "psycho who despises Logan because of a flimsy pretext" (see Lemire's second arc of Old Man Logan, which completely ignores all of her development under Soule to turn her back into an obsessive Logan Troll).

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Scarlet Witch + permanent possession by the Shadow King. It takes what's best about these villains (being possessed + possessing others) and makes them into a mega-powerful force that could hang with heavy hitters. Build the Scarlet Shadow off Lenny from the TV show for entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Sinister needs to be a legit creepy, formidable and evil villain rather than this vaudeville crap or monster of the week stuff his more recent appearances have been. For me, one of his more impressive villainous arcs in the vein of how I think he should be like, was Tieri's Weapon X. So, I'd have Sinister more like in that appearance.
    Agreed but I love the Victorian garb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Deathstrike suffers a LOT of Flanderization. She's actually already a quite complex character, and she's had plenty of development over the years. The problem is writers are constantly reverting her back to "psycho who despises Logan because of a flimsy pretext" (see Lemire's second arc of Old Man Logan, which completely ignores all of her development under Soule to turn her back into an obsessive Logan Troll).
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    When you said that, I thought of her acting and dressing like Ned fucking Flanders.

I would make Dracula wanting Storm as a wife more of a thing.

I would make Mr. Sinister more "FOR SCIENCE" rather than creepy summers stalker, because lets face it that has run its course.

Give the Goblin Queen a new focus, make her the X-men's Enchantress (Amora)

Revamp Apocalypse to be more like Ba'al from Star Gate SG-1. Or DoomFist from Overwatch/ Vandal Savage, make him a Thinker-madman rather than just a powerhouse/godcomplex/madman

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

- Sinister: For sure. He's been under played since the Messiah Complex arc. Probably even before that. He hit his pinnacle during the 90s and then just dropped off.
    - FoH/ Purifiers: They need to be merged into a single entity, organized and buffed. Probably use cybernetics to make them a formidable opponent. What they represent can't just be killed. It should keep coming back.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    - Sinister: For sure. He's been under played since the Messiah Complex arc. Probably even before that. He hit his pinnacle during the 90s and then just dropped off.
    - FoH/ Purifiers: They need to be merged into a single entity, organized and buffed. Probably use cybernetics to make them a formidable opponent. What they represent can't just be killed. It should keep coming back.
    The problem with the FOH and Purifiers is that they are diffrent representations of american Mob reactions, Purifiers representing the Militant Religious right and Friends of Humanity the Right Wing Militia Movements of their time periods.

The Purifiers were always terrorists, the FOH had a "every-man authoritarian" feel to them, they hand to be confronted on the opinion shows as well as the streets.

I think they need to be more defined and updated than merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    The problem with the FOH and Purifiers is that they are diffrent representations of american Mob reactions, Purifiers representing the Militant Religious right and Friends of Humanity the Right Wing Militia Movements of their time periods.

The Purifiers were always terrorists, the FOH had a "every-man authoritarian" feel to them, they hand to be confronted on the opinion shows as well as the streets.

I think they need to be more defined and updated than merged.
    I don't think its all that outlandish. Right-wingers are known to be very religious and I don't think its all crazy for some charismatic leader to twist some truths and manipulate some beliefs that ends with them getting backing from both the Purifiers and the downtrodden FoH then just rebranding it under a new movement. People that believe what they are doing is right (Purifiers) combined with the urge to blame a certain group for all the issues (FoH) can be very dangerous (Nazis). But its not like we're seeing anything like that today in real life or anything...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spiral. She has magic, teleportation, hand to hand combat and swordsmanship skills, and the Body Shoppe, which is really freaking creepy when you think about it. We do not see enough of her magic as we should. Let her give into the dark magics. Perhaps tie her into the Mandarin's rings even somewhat, make her both an X-Men and Iron Man villain. Imagine the Mandarin's rings but with 3 times various powers. The Body Shoppe corrupts souls as well as bodies, she makes quasi-minions (at times of her choosing) of those whom make the deal with the devil to go through the Shoppe. Make her more sinister. Not like Sinister, just more sinister. Harder and darker. Perhaps tie the swords into magic base somewhat, perhaps they can be both traditional solid swords and magical soul stealers, changing at her wish. She is not currently one of my favorite villains or one of the most complex villains, but I feel like she could be both given the right upgrades.

I don't think its all that outlandish. Right-wingers are known to be very religious and I don't think its all crazy for some charismatic leader to twist some truths and manipulate some beliefs that ends with them getting backing from both the Purifiers and the downtrodden FoH then just rebranding it under a new movement. People that believe what they are doing is right (Purifiers) combined with the urge to blame a certain group for all the issues (FoH) can be very dangerous (Nazis). But its not like we're seeing anything like that today in real life or anything...
    Yeah but in real life today the opposite is occurring,

The religious right is all Boardroom/ Governorship , and the Militia's are more street active. They have a lot of similarities, and I can see them working together...But merging?

The FOH are so....They seem like Luddites, the mutants are just a convenient outlet for their hate and anger. the FOH's threat was their numbers (And lack of centralization) not fancy tech, and religiosity.

Its like Merging the Acolytes, the Mutant Liberation Front, and Brotherhood of Evil mutants. Lots of similarities, but each organization is in a different head space.

That's my gist, I am no authority.

Yeah but in real life today the opposite is occurring,

The religious right is all Boardroom/ Governorship , and the Militia's are more street active. They have a lot of similarities, and I can see them working together...But merging?

The FOH are so....They seem like Luddites, the mutants are just a convenient outlet for their hate and anger. the FOH's threat was their numbers (And lack of centralization) not fancy tech, and religiosity.

Its like Merging the Acolytes, the Mutant Liberation Front, and Brotherhood of Evil mutants. Lots of similarities, but each organization is in a different head space.

That's my gist, I am no authority.
    But your argument seems to be along the lines of merging two successfully operating entities. Neither is active in the Marvel universe and for the most part, are ignored. This wouldn't be two sides playing nice, but one person organized two defunct groups and turning them and their resources into a working organization. I think Bastion did it, didn't he? If you want to make it admistration (members of the Purifiers) over foot soldiers (FoH), then that actually works too, especially since they essentially want the same thing. The same way neo-nazis, white supremecist (same thing? I dunno...), and the alt-right have seemed to have found common ground. And to say government officials are somehow immune from this kind of thinking is... well I guess it depends where you live and who you are that dictates how you interact with City/Government officials. In some areas of the country some people will swear race relations are "all good, never better". Whereas I avoid driving through a certain city because I've been pulled over 5 too many times for "looking suspious". Just my view on it.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 08-29-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    Guild Member

But your argument seems to be along the lines of merging two successfully operating entities. Neither is active in the Marvel universe and for the most part, are ignored. This wouldn't be two sides playing nice, but one person organized two defunct groups and turning them and their resources into a working organization. I think Bastion did it, didn't he? If you want to make it admistration (members of the Purifiers) over foot soldiers (FoH), then that actually works too, especially since they essentially want the same thing. The same way neo-nazis, white supremecist (same thing? I dunno...), and the alt-right have seemed to have found common ground. And to say government officials are somehow immune from this kind of thinking is... well I guess it depends where you live and who you are that dictates how you interact with City/Government officials. In some areas of the country some people will swear race relations are "all good, never better". Whereas I avoid driving through a certain city because I've been pulled over 5 too many times for "looking suspious". Just my view on it.
    I have nor problem with the substance of your idea, just the style. Under Graydon Creed the FOH had some political aspirations without him they are and anti mutant biker gang. You need a Leader, or several leaders each a crystallization of the themes.

A Politician

A Corrupt Law Enforcement Chief/ Administrator/ Sherif like Joe ArC-CHOO! *sniff* I am coming down with something.

A Corrupt street level Officer or several

The FOH ruffians

The Purifier elite strike teams/ army. ( I assume obliterating an Alaskan town put them on the Terrorist organization list)

I have nor problem with the substance of your idea, just the style. Under Graydon Creed the FOH had some political aspirations without him they are and anti mutant biker gang. You need a Leader, or several leaders each a crystallization of the themes.

A Politician

A Corrupt Law Enforcement Chief/ Administrator/ Sherif like Joe ArC-CHOO! *sniff* I am coming down with something.

A Corrupt street level Officer or several

The FOH ruffians

The Purifier elite strike teams/ army. ( I assume obliterating an Alaskan town put them on the Terrorist organization list)
    Well thats perfect no? I guy gets in league with the Purifiers but their ranks are low to non-existent. So they tap into the means of the FoH and recruit by the name, hit the streets. Once they're in, indoctrinate them and move them up the ranks, train them, empower them. Still would need a new name... maybe something like the Protectors of Humanity or something nutty like that.
    Guild Member