Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I have nor problem with the substance of your idea, just the style. Under Graydon Creed the FOH had some political aspirations without him they are and anti mutant biker gang. You need a Leader, or several leaders each a crystallization of the themes.

A Politician

A Corrupt Law Enforcement Chief/ Administrator/ Sherif like Joe ArC-CHOO! *sniff* I am coming down with something.

A Corrupt street level Officer or several

The FOH ruffians

The Purifier elite strike teams/ army. ( I assume obliterating an Alaskan town put them on the Terrorist organization list)
    The Friends of Humanity could even be the ones marching in the streets demanding that mutants be deported and/or detained, shouting, "Lock the freaks up!" while their political leaders and supporters in other positions of influence and/or power rile them up further in raucous rallies dedicated to pretty much nothing but spewing hate against mutants and their human allies. The Purifiers would be the ones actually carrying out the dirty work of the anti-mutant agenda, committing acts of violence, murder, mayhem, and vandalism that would rightfully be regarded as terrorism were mutants the perpetrators of such acts instead of the targets, while the Friends of Humanity are portrayed by their sympathizers and agents in the media as merely "concerned citizens." The Friends of Humanity could also lend their support and backing to corrupt and brutal law enforcement officers and chiefs who use their power to harass, abuse, assault, maim, torture, unjustly detain, or even kill mutants and then claim those mutants were criminals/terrorists that deserved no mercy in the first place. Those very officers and chiefs would then suppress investigations into the Friends of Humanity's own criminal/terrorist activities, especially the Purifiers' operations, and stand idly by as the Friends of Humanity themselves harassed, abused, and even assaulted anyone that spoke against their anti-mutant stance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Exodus. remember the 90s when they tried to make Exodus a thing. his power was... he had all powers? anyway, i'd give Exodus a defined agenda and power set. no more clinging to Magneto's coattails.

BANNED

Whoops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-29-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Stryfe and the MLF. The former should be a younger, stronger clone of Cable. I'd give him the salt and pepper look of the Brolin movie Cable, perhaps with that same shaved on the sides haircut, to differentiate his look (versus comic Cable who is fully silver and has a better haircut). So this is basically a clone who was created via a failsafe program, should Stryfe ever fall in battle. This failsafe was activated after Stryfe was killed by Cable at the end of X-Cutioner's Song, and set to release this clone with the older Stryfe's last recorded memories uploaded into his brain. Something like that. And any time he's killed, another takes his place. So we can see Cable kill him in increasingly gruesome ways, knowing that he'll always return. That could be fun.

And, yes, I totally stole the idea from Spurrier's X-Force run. Which was really quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Exodus. remember the 90s when they tried to make Exodus a thing. his power was... he had all powers? anyway, i'd give Exodus a defined agenda and power set. no more clinging to Magneto's coattails.
    I'd settle for him not being pink.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'd settle for him not being pink.
    for a hot second there, he was supposed to be native American (or, at least, Warpath said that he looked native American). I think they should have gone that route instead of the overly complicated Benet du Paris crusader angle. every character doesn't have to be linked to apocalypse or really long lived.

revamps:

I'd establish that the original Changeling (who started as a villain) faked his own death on Xavier's orders. and he's currently still a trusted agent/field handler in Xavier's Underground Intelligence Network.

The Mutant Liberation Front - someone with an agenda (maybe pro-mutant maybe anti-mutant) would experiment on some of the former members (and some new recruits) to make them more dangerous. Strobe could temporarily shift into laser form - Thumbelina could adjust her weight (not appearance) to hit with more force or move as if weightless - Wildside could alter perception but also cause people to go beserk - Tempo has enough control to slow a person's heart down to the point of stopping - Reaper gains a healing factor, enhanced reflexes, & resistance to poisons to go along with his paralytic enzymes - Forearm is bigger and more durable - Dragoness now has organic wings and scales - they are joined by Feverpitch, Mondo, Abyss (or Vincente), and pick somebody

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I would revamp Nanny and the Orphan Maker. My premise would be she was a a geneticist that gave birth to a mutant child that died in here arms.She goes a organization claims to want to help mutants ( A.I.M.) that wants to exploit them.I know this is not far off from here original origin.

She discovers the truth and decides to dedicate her life to providing a home for mutant children. Gaining weapons and materials to achieve her goal.

In the current climate of a lack of mutant births. Nanny could be a character that has a good motive with questionable actions, such as abusing children that do not obey her commands. Her primary target could be young mutants,since most go thru mutation in teen years.

She also could be used as a person providing aid to young mutants that the X-men do not encounter first, and compel them to her side thru various routes.

Also i would introduce her own team of Orphans, mutants that are apart of her cause ( estalblished,obscure, and new if possibly)for various reasons from protection to devotion to a parental guidance.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would bring back the Externals. There is so much untapped potential there. They had been around for centuries and we have no idea what they were up to all the time. Nicodemus, Saul, Gideon, Burke, Absalom, Crule, and Candra are jsut the kind of mastermind threats the X-Men needs these days.

Gideon alone could be a massive threat if used right. He was the CEO of his own company and had ammased a vast personal fortune ove his centuries of life. He should have been invited to be a member of the Hellfire Club years ago before he was killed by Selene. He could be the mutant Norman Osborn or Justin Hammer if done right using his money as much as his powers to get what he wants in ways to rival people like Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost.

Plus if they were all brought back one of the big things on their list would be to kill Selene. Imagine the epic storyline it could be with an all out war between the Externals and Selene with the X-Men stuck in the middle.

There is jsut so much untamped potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would bring back the Externals. There is so much untapped potential there. They had been around for centuries and we have no idea what they were up to all the time. Nicodemus, Saul, Gideon, Burke, Absalom, Crule, and Candra are jsut the kind of mastermind threats the X-Men needs these days.

Gideon alone could be a massive threat if used right. He was the CEO of his own company and had ammased a vast personal fortune ove his centuries of life. He should have been invited to be a member of the Hellfire Club years ago before he was killed by Selene. He could be the mutant Norman Osborn or Justin Hammer if done right using his money as much as his powers to get what he wants in ways to rival people like Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost.

Plus if they were all brought back one of the big things on their list would be to kill Selene. Imagine the epic storyline it could be with an all out war between the Externals and Selene with the X-Men stuck in the middle.

Well I guess that's what happens when you fire your Claremont and let the Image kids take over for a few months before they skedaddle to make bank with their own creator-owned projects.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

The Externals are coming back in Cable soon.

BANNED

There are several that I would revamp or outright change...

Juggernaut would be a mutant in addition to the Cyttorak stuff.

Shadowking would have been the villain in New X-Men instead of Cassandra Nova.

Sinister would be an actual member of the Summers family and would be a long lived mutant. This might help to explain his obsession.

Apocalypse would be an immortal mutant and probably not associated with any Celestial ship or anything. He would be more like the Ultimate version of Apocalypse in which he can absorb powers as well.

Spiral would be a mutant and would be a product of Weapon X like Wolverine was.

Mojo would be like the Ultimate universe version.

Love that idea about the Externals returning to fight Selene.

No sure if this qualifies but Emma Frost would have joined the X-Men first as a pretense to destroying them from the inside on behalf of the Hellfire club. But after experiencing the family atmosphere and falling for Scott would have switched allegiances. Also I would probably make it so her and Scott only got together after Jean died not before with all the psychic affair bs
    Last edited by DreadnoughtHelldiver; 08-29-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Scarlet Witch + permanent possession by the Shadow King. It takes what's best about these villains (being possessed + possessing others) and makes them into a mega-powerful force that could hang with heavy hitters. Build the Scarlet Shadow off Lenny from the TV show for entertainment value.
    I like that idea. "Lenny" in Legion was wonderfully wicked and twisted, especially when having her way with David's mind (and certain other things), so having the Shadow King replicate that in the comics would be quite the dark delight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Azazel - mutant cult leader who takes in disfigured and creepy looking mutants

U-Men - Humans who volunteered to be experimented upon by Sinister to become mutant like creatures.

Onslaught - Cassandra Nova merging with Joseph

Vulcan - After being freed from a pocket dimension which saved him, he roams around different universes and finds the most dangerous mutants and forms his own team/empire.

BANNED

Vanisher

He would be recruited by Magneto.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 08-30-2017 at 10:05 PM.