Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Default Marvel Characters of Mixed Race

As a person of a mixed race (I am a Eurasian from Singapore), I decided to create this topic about characters of mixed race. Also there has been a diversity of Marvel characters of mixed race in the Marvel Universe too. Fictional races are also okay in this topic.

I have seen some characters who are of mixed ancestry/race in Marvel Universe such as...

Daken (Akihiro) = Caucasian father (Logan is Canadian) and a Japanese mother so he's considered as a Eurasian (a person of mixed Caucasian and Asian parentage).
    Sun Girl (Selah Burke) of New Warriors = Caucasian father (Lightmaster) and presumably African American mother
    Miles Morales = half-African American, half-Puerto Rican (African-American father, Puerto-Rican mother)
    Nova (Sam Alexander) = half-Caucasian, half-Hispanic (Caucasian father, Hispanic mother)
    Shinobi Shaw = half-Caucasian, half-Asian (son of Sebastian Shaw and an unknown Asian woman)
    Silhouette Chord = half-African American, half-Cambodian (daughter of Andrew Chord and a Cambodian lady)

As for characters of mixed fictional races or half-human hybrids ...
    Hulkling (Teddy Altman) = half-Kree, half-Skrull
    Namor = half-Atlantean, half-human (Caucasian father)
    Star-Lord (Peter Quill) = half-Spartoi, half-human (Caucasian mother)
    Phobos = Demigod (half-God, half-human)
    Last edited by MitchFox; 08-29-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

BANNED

I don't usually keep up with which characters are mixed, as a multiracial person myself. I just primarily care about seeing more minorities (especially black) in lead roles. If I break myself down into fractions, I'm 1/2 black, 1/4 Native American and 1/4 white (Irish). And my children are even more mixed up because their mother is Japanese. :P

Anyway, on to the characters, isn't Psylocke also mixed?

I know the character Cassandra Cain is DC but she's Eurasian, like Psylocke I believe. Cassandra looks mostly Asian though.

Like I said, I don't keep up with this stuff because as a mixed person it's really pointless to try to identify with any races and so one begins to not care at all about seeing mixed race people represented. I'll follow this thread anyway.

I don't know if I heard this wrong or if it was just something a fan made up, but is Cyclops part Native American? I think I read somewhere that he's quarter Native American. I can't find a link or anything, but has anyone else heard this? Again, I could be dead wrong here, but Cyclops' family is such a convoluted mess that I don't think it would be too surprising for something like this to be the case.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Kevin "Kasper" Cole - "Black Panther"/White Tiger II
    Danielle Cage - Captain America (Future)
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't know if I heard this wrong or if it was just something a fan made up, but is Cyclops part Native American? I think I read somewhere that he's quarter Native American. I can't find a link or anything, but has anyone else heard this? Again, I could be dead wrong here, but Cyclops' family is such a convoluted mess that I don't think it would be too surprising for something like this to be the case.

That would explain his sudden change in perspective.

He's such a pale face though. Can't really tell. :P

Shang Chi Asian father, mother was a Caucasian American
    Sunspot Afro-Brazilian father, Caucasian American mother
    Miles (Spider-Man) Morales African American father, Puerto Rican mother

Fantasy hybrids:
    Thor Asgardian father (though actually Odin is mixed himself, having an Asgardian father and a Giantess mother), elder-god mother
    Brian, Betsy, and Jamie Braddock Otherworld father, human mother; don't even want to go into what Betsy is now, far too confusing...
    Jack of Hearts Human father, Contraxian mother
    Hercules Olympian father, human mother
    Captain Mar-Vell and all the "pink skin" Kree are the result of cross-breeding,iirc; blue-skin purebloods look down on their pink-skin brethren
    Last edited by Panic; 08-29-2017 at 07:18 AM. Reason: forgot Miles Morales

BANNED

Including fantasy races seems silly to me.

Yeah I know, but the OP listed them so I figure he/she is interested. Thing is, there are just so many (and most of them just look white anyway).

Extraordinary Member

Well, in this case all Odin's biological children are mixed, I mean Frigga is from Vanir.
    Also Loki's children.(Well, speaking of all the species Loki have a thing for.)
    Also Thane, Eternal father and Inhuman mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Shang Chi Asian father, mother was a Caucasian American
    Sunspot Afro-Brazilian father, Caucasian American mother
    Miles (Spider-Man) Morales African American father, Puerto Rican mother

Fantasy hybrids:
    Thor Asgardian father (though actually Odin is mixed himself, having an Asgardian father and a Giantess mother), elder-god mother
    Brian, Betsy, and Jamie Braddock Otherworld father, human mother; don't even want to go into what Betsy is now, far too confusing...
    Jack of Hearts Human father, Contraxian mother
    Hercules Olympian father, human mother
    Captain Mar-Vell and all the "pink skin" Kree are the result of cross-breeding,iirc; blue-skin purebloods look down on their pink-skin brethren
    Mitch already mentioned Miles.

BANNED

It's probably a headcanon. You know, kinda how most 90s kids (me included) thought Tony was part Med (either Italian or Greek) due to the stache and general "look". There are more if you look around. There's a rumor that initially Doctor Strange was to be Romanian or some country from the Balkans or something similar, so some fans have added that to their headcanon (mother is part Romanian for example). It's common from non-US readers to include their own nationality to the characters as part of their ancestry, since it makes them connect a bit more with them.

That would make an interesting back story for him.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Darwin Black and Latino.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mitch already mentioned Miles.
    Yeah, don't know how I missed that. I specifically looked for him in the OP's list because he's such a high-profile one, too. Senility is upon me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Darwin Black and Latino.
    Latino is not a race.

And neither is Canadian.