Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can only see ABC not picking up any new superhero shows and Marvel will have to pitch them to other places.
    it's possible but as we just saw with AOS, Marvel may force ABC to pick shows up. I imagine the end game is for AOS to move to Disney's streaming service and away from ABC but they need to be renewed in the meantime then when the service is set up they'll take over production from ABC.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think they are very likely to let AoS end after this coming season.

It would've been so much better if they had waited for Disney streaming service to make this show. It would be the main catch for Marvel fans, on something Disney is clearly putting a lot of work into, I feel like it would have definetely got a better budget and showrunner and a less rushed production.

I actually didn't think the tv show was bad. Not classic but it held my interest & I was pleased most episodes. I haven't read anything with the Inhumans since the early 80's but everyone seemed fairly accurate.

Boisterously Confused

There is a larger problem lurking in the background. As Marvel Studios has succeeded, its ability to create a tightly coordinated series of offerings, with (at least attempts at) consistently high quality has declined.

That is not to say that quality of individual projects have suffered (I'd say AoS has actually gone up over its run, and you can find someone to defend almost any of the individual shows or films). Nor is it to say that there are no efforts to coordinate; the film properties are converging toward something quite large.

It is to say that, where Feige ran a single barony at the time of The Avengers, a variety of fiefdoms appear to be emerging within the Marvel Studios projects. As control diversifies, you can expect visions and quality to vary. Seems to me that The Inhumans just happened to be the most egregious and obvious example.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There is a larger problem lurking in the background. As Marvel Studios has succeeded, its ability to create a tightly coordinated series of offerings, with (at least attempts at) consistently high quality has declined.

That is not to say that quality of individual projects have suffered (I'd say AoS has actually gone up over its run, and you can find someone to defend almost any of the individual shows or films). Nor is it to say that there are no efforts to coordinate; the film properties are converging toward something quite large.

It is to say that, where Feige ran a single barony at the time of The Avengers, a variety of fiefdoms appear to be emerging within the Marvel Studios projects. As control diversifies, you can expect visions and quality to vary. Seems to me that The Inhumans just happened to be the most egregious and obvious example.
    Inhumans suffered because IMAX approached them with a 6 week window from announcement to screening and Marvel said "yep we can do that" and they obviously couldnt.

BANNED

There was something about this show that I really like but could not put my finger on it until just now. And it's the love, dedication and loyalty they had to each other as a family. Something that used to be common in many of the books when I began collecting, but that is missing from the current spade of books on the shelves and especially in the Superhero films out there today. As I watched the show I realized that I was not just rooting for them to get back home and take down the baddie. But I wanted to see them reunited as a family. It gave the film more heart and wasn't just a bunch of super models having a smack down. It really gave the show more depth and heart.k

Incredible Member

Since no one is talking about what happened in the actual finale, I guess I may as well ask a question from the people who know more about the unhumans.

It was teased and hinted at several times in the last episode that the TRUE enemy of the inhumans was not the humans, but _____________GIANT_________BLANK____________

Who tf were they talking about? The skrulls? Thanos? Someone else? That shot of the glyphed out shard turning blue looked like it was sending out a signal, so what was the danger being traded?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Kree most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

Feige doesnt run the tv side. Hes the in charge of marvel studios. Ike runs the tv side i think and its been mostly positive. Ironfist and Inhumans are the only things from marvel you can call a flop post incredible hulk. And they are both on the tv side. Oh and scott buck iono why Ike hired him twice. Both times flopped, i assume marvel is done with him.

@immortal weapon

It has to be the kree or Skrulls. Either theyre creators or the people they were created to fight.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-14-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Remember Agents didn't get better until the last few episodes of season one after winter solder turned everything on its head
    AOS got much better on average mid season,not the last few episodes,but i thought the first half was really good too.The ratings/scores are really high for the first season.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Feige doesnt run the tv side. Hes the in charge of marvel studios. Ike runs the tv side i think and its been mostly positive. Ironfist and Inhumans are the only things from marvel you can call a flop post incredible hulk. And they are both on the tv side. Oh and scott buck iono why Ike hired him twice. Both times flopped, i assume marvel is done with him.
    I read that ironfirst was the most watch mcu show on netflix.
    Inhumans if combined with the dvr numbers is so-so or okay for fridays nights on abc.
    So i don't think i could that a flop either.These two shows are critically flops from critics however,but not audiences.
    To be fair the first two episodes for inhumans was judge by the critics on rt only, and ironfirst the 6 first episodes, but after that the shows did get better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    That's... not correct. In the comics, Triton has enhanced strength and so on, but has rarely been portrayed as much of a fighter. Karnak, on the other hand, is a terror and all of his abilities, including the ability to find the weakness in anything, are canonically the result of training rather than gaining any powers through Terrigenesis. He's actually somewhat in the boat of MCU Maximus in not having any powers (other than slightly enhanced physique from birth), although in his case it's down to his parents choosing not to have him go through the mists rather than them not working on him.
    In the comics Karnak is more then slightly enhanced and his powers.
    He does not have peak human strength anymore.
    He has super strength but low level like medusa.
    Karnak possesses a degree of superhuman strength, derived from his eugenically superior Inhuman heritage and his intensive regimen of regular exercise. Karnak can lift (press) about 1 ton.
    He has other powers has well.
    Stress Point Detection: Through mental discipline, Karnak has gained the extrasensory ability to perceive the stress points, fracture planes, or weaknesses, physical or psychological, in all objects or persons around him. By striking and applying pressure at these points, he can split or shatter objects made of seemingly invincible substances or render insensate beings of far greater strength than he. This mental discipline is virtually effortless, and Karnak can attain this state of awareness for extended periods of time.
    Precognition: At his very end, Karnak was able to see fragments of the future, by bending the definition of his powers.

Psychological Intuition: An after effect of Karnak's ability to discern faults also includes understanding the logical conclusions stemming to a person's rational.
    Inhuman Metabolism: Besides strength, Karnak possesses certain physical skills superior to those of human athletes. His Inhuman metabolism affords him slightly greater reaction time, endurance, and speed than the human race's most perfect physical specimen, Captain America:

Maximus powers of course is mind control and he may have low level super-strength now too but i am not sure about that.

Triton has super strength as well.
    Here is some of his powers.
    Aquatic Vision: His vision is more sensitive to the green portion of the visible spectrum, enabling him to see in relatively dark ocean depths.
    Superhuman Strength: Like all Inhumans, Triton possesses some degree of superhuman strength. His strength is above average for most Inhumans and he can lift about 2 tons. He is shown pressing 50 tons while talking with Gorgon, having considerably raised his strength through exercise.

Superhuman Speed
    I think everything is else is just enhanced(stamina,durability etc.) but marvel wiki says in bio part it's superhuman,so maybe that has changed overtime as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-14-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

@immortal weapon

It has to be the kree or Skrulls. Either theyre creators or the people they were created to fight.
    Agents of shield already established the Kree being the Inhumans creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Agents of shield already established the Kree being the Inhumans creators.
    I know creators was reffering to Kree and ppl they were created to fight was reffering to skrulls. Either is a valid enemy. We also are getting the kree/Skrull war in cap Marvel, so its safe to assume that the Inhuman were created as weapon to fight the skrull in the MCU.