Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I'm BACK !!!!!!!!!!

Directly from the jaws of destruction and despair, the BLACK HOLE of interest. The theater was about 20% filled.

It was... not terrible. Orders of magnitude better than what the trailer showed, it came across far less stilted and campy on screen. Visuals looked fine, some pacing issues, I still think Medusas powers came across the same as they did on the comics, total weak sauce to the point where why bother having them?

The dog did not look cheesy, one of the royal family relatives seemed a bit, fluff like with not much depth there, but we'll see.

The most interesting characters on screen were

-black bolt
    -maximus
    -Karnak
    -Gorgon

Overall grade? B- / C+

definitely not terrible or a total waste of money. Should most of you wait to the tv airings? Probably. I will say this, it cuts off at the end in a place that reminded me of the ending of fellowship of the ring, with less burning desire to see more NOW NOW NOW, but there was still a sense of a disjointed cut. But then this is a tv series, like lotr was an 8 hour movie.

If anyone wants to see it Friday night at my local IMAX, the 10:30 showing has a grand total of zero tickets sold so far, so really you could sit wherever you want.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

So I understand they found a way to have Black Bolt talk? I knew they would.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    So I understand they found a way to have Black Bolt talk? I knew they would.
    Sign language.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The thing is, absolutely nobody other than Ike Perlmutter was interested in an Inhumans anything. And Crazy Ike got forcibly kicked out of Marvel Movie Land.
    I was interested. Am I no-one? Or do you mean no-one at Marvel? Regardless, I really like the Inhumans. I wish they had gone with a movie with a bigger budget instead of a cheaply made series though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I was interested. Am I no-one? Or do you mean no-one at Marvel? Regardless, I really like the Inhumans. I wish they had gone with a movie with a bigger budget instead of a cheaply made series though.
    I meant at Marvel Studios, not in general. Obviously.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I'm BACK !!!!!!!!!!

Directly from the jaws of destruction and despair, the BLACK HOLE of interest. The theater was about 20% filled.

It was... not terrible. Orders of magnitude better than what the trailer showed, it came across far less stilted and campy on screen. Visuals looked fine, some pacing issues, I still think Medusas powers came across the same as they did on the comics, total weak sauce to the point where why bother having them?

The dog did not look cheesy, one of the royal family relatives seemed a bit, fluff like with not much depth there, but we'll see.

The most interesting characters on screen were

-black bolt
    -maximus
    -Karnak
    -Gorgon

Overall grade? B- / C+

definitely not terrible or a total waste of money. Should most of you wait to the tv airings? Probably. I will say this, it cuts off at the end in a place that reminded me of the ending of fellowship of the ring, with less burning desire to see more NOW NOW NOW, but there was still a sense of a disjointed cut. But then this is a tv series, like lotr was an 8 hour movie.
    Glad to hear this. A review from someone who has actually seen it, rather than people dumping on it because they didn't like the trailers is much appreciated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Glad to hear this. A review from someone who has actually seen it, rather than people dumping on it because they didn't like the trailers is much appreciated.
    I've seen reviews on Youtube from people who've seen it and some don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Sign language.
    Do medusa isnt his mouthpeice? Or he uses it when shes not there?

Also is she his cousin wife or do they glaze over that?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

Oh I haven't actually watched, it's just that they talk about this whole sign language in like every interview/panel/article and all of that lol. Basically that's how he talks to Medusa so hse can be his mouthpiece.

I saw this last night. The IMAX theater had maybe 10 people in the audience. I had a glass of wine before it and had the lowest of low expectations. But honestly it was enjoyable... if you are already a fan of the Inhumans; the problem is most people are not. There are lots of production value conflicts, you can feel how this was once a movie and now a tv show - it makes the quality feel dated. I think the designs are actually decent, however the execution of the costumes is pretty bad. Medusa in particular looks awful which is made more obvious by bad acting. Maximus is the strongest of the bunch and Lockjaw will make you smile every time he is on screen. The rest of the cast is fairly generic but has room to grow. I have to say I liked it. Its certainly better than Agents of Shield (though I find that show to be boring and basic). The reviews are harsh but there is potential here and I plan to give it more of chance. Also I want a Lockjaw plushie right now.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

She is his mouthpiece but they also get separated about a third of the way in. Medusa is ROUGH in this. Weakest link by far.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Incredible Member

She speaks for him when she is around and he uses sign language both when she is there and when she is not to the people that understand it.

She is his wife in the show.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Its certainly better than Agents of Shield (though I find that show to be boring and basic).
    Since I love AoS, my expectations for this show are now higher.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Since I love AoS, my expectations for this show are now higher.
    I'm not a fan of AoS. Just to put it in perspective. But again, I actually enjoyed this. Maximus carries it, Lockjaw is a scene stealer, and the rest have room for growth.