Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    They could just give Karen another codename.
    Plus it might even be a good idea anyways if the SHG version is the one thats being looked after, since unlike her comic and other cartoon appearances, the SHG version doesn't dress in bee-like colorscheme.

Anyways back to the case, do we even know what Hasbro is aiming to get out of this whole thing? Money because of hypothetical losses? DC stop making Bumblebee toys? Change in her name?
    Like when Marvel successfully claimed and retained the rights to the name of Captain Marvel, it still doesn't stop DC having Captain Marvel as the character he was without changing anything... and for the longest time, they didn't. What they can't do with him (which sounds to be the only thing) is publish a book called 'Captain Marvel', hence why whenever Billy or Freddy did have a book, it was always 'Shazam'-something instead.
    By law, if a company does not protect it's trademarks when a potential infringement occurs, they lose the trademark. Hasbro is acting to protect it's trademark, no matter what the outcome is, if there is even a chance of infringement, they must challenge it to defend the trademark they already hold. If they don't challenge this, it could lead to cases against future infringements being thrown out because they did not defend their trademark this time. Trademark law is specific and harsh, and requires companies to actively pursue legal action to protect their trademarks. Their endgame likely to retain their trademark for the future no matter what the outcome of this particular case is.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Vixen is fine. I don't have an issue with her or even Black Panther, but I'd like to not be represented by an African themed character if possible. Unfortunately, that's what is likely to happen if Vixen has to be pushed on DC Superhero Girls instead of Bumblebee. That's why I'm so peeved.
    Yes I understand that and I agree that it is important to push multiple black superheroines. But I also think out of Vixen and Bumblebee, it is Mari who can more easily reach the iconic level of Wonder Woman, Black Panther and (previously) Storm, so if I were DC, I'd position her to be my answer to Black Panther. Including her in DCSHG in a prominent manner would go a long way in achieving that business objective.

Of course, I don't want it to be at the expense of Bumblebee though. The two of them should coexist. In fact it would be awesome to see an African superheroine developing a close friendship with an African-American superheroine and them inspiring each other in their own ways.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

This is ridiculous. I hope DC wins.

BANNED

I think Hasbro will be able to get a settlement on their terms. But there seems to be enough ambiguity here to make things interesting.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    I wonder if DC is gonna pretend they've always cared for Bumblebee after this mess is over.
    She's being used the most she has ever been so in a way they do care.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    She's being used the most she has ever been so in a way they do care.
    Yeah too little too late as others have taken off. Dc has to learn to stop playing the catch up game.

Now it is interesting Hasbro goes after DC for this. When will they go after Milestone? If we are going to be petty about names-they did have a black male name Static in the toyline in 1990.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yeah too little too late as others have taken off. Dc has to learn to stop playing the catch up game.

Now it is interesting Hasbro goes after DC for this. When will they go after Milestone? If we are going to be petty about names-they did have a black male name Static in the toyline in 1990.
    Who are they playing catch up to?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Well, they're kind of ahead of the curve with DC Super Hero Girls, aren't they ?