Default Who would you like to see in these MCU roles?

Hey Big Team! Assuming you were in charge of casting these characters (who would soon make surprise appearances in the MCU), and you had your pick of current talent...

She-Hulk (must also appear as Jennifer Walters)
    Monica Rambeau
    Mary Jane Watson (as 17-19 yrs)
    Namor
    Tigra (must also appear as Greer Grant Nelson)
    Sentry

Overwhelming, I know. Here are my picks.

She-Hulk/Jennifer Walters -- Abigail Spencer; she would rock as Attorney Jennifer Walters and play a fitting younger cousin to Mark Ruffalo
    Monica Rambeau -- Tyra Colar; I read Monica and hear Tyra. If you hold their pictures side by side, she IS Monica Rambeau.
    Mary Jane Watson -- I literally have no idea. Zero. Zilch. I have agonized and I still can't imagine who would own this role.
    Namor -- Jason Behr could bring an angry Atlantian Prince to wreak havoc on the surface world.
    Tigra/Greer Grant Nelson -- Michele Dawson, for off the chain athleticism, acting chops, and hypnotic eyes. Bam!
    Sentry -- Stephen Amell; He plays Arrow, but he was born to play Sentry. The psychological layers, the agony, the tone, the looks. No doubt in my mind.

Have fun casting!

Last edited by verisimilitude; 08-30-2017 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Added video link :)

I've always thought Gina Torres would make a great She Hulk.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I think Alison Brie would work well as a mousy Jennifer Walters. No clue how they'd work the She-Hulk angle, though.

Still flying

She-Hulk (must also appear as Jennifer Walters) - Tina Fey
    Monica Rambeau - Nathalie Emmanuel
    Mary Jane Watson (as 17-19 yrs) - Alexis Ren (Has one movie under her. May need help in acting but is definitely the right age and extremely beautiful)
    Namor - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    Tigra (must also appear as Greer Grant Nelson) - Odette Annable
    Sentry - Matt Damon

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I've always thought Gina Torres would make a great She Hulk.
    Holy crap, that is an excellent suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think Alison Brie would work well as a mousy Jennifer Walters. No clue how they'd work the She-Hulk angle, though.
    Yeah, I'm not sure I could buy her as the She-Hulk persona, but she's got great athleticism and good acting chops in GLOW.

For the list:

Monica Rambeau - Aisha Tyler
    Mary Jane Watson - eh, I don't know many teen or young actors. Pass.
    Namor - Brian Tee
    Tigra (must also appear as Greer Grant Nelson) - I've no idea why (or maybe I do), but I think I'd like to see Oona Chaplin in the role.
    Sentry - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

BANNED

I'm cool with all those other guys but I for one never want to see Sentry in any form of media ever again. One of the worst characters ever.

She Hulk- Gina Carano if she showed she could handle the acting but she hasnt so how about Paula Patton. She clesrly half white so can still be Bruces cousin. And she got size on her while still being small enough to pull off Jen.

Namor-Daniel Dae Kim or Oscar Issacs if they dont want to go Asian.

Sentry- Nikolaj coster-Waldau

The rest iono

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I'm cool with all those other guys but I for one never want to see Sentry in any form of media ever again. One of the worst characters ever.
    That's also fair.

Imo, if they were ever to do a Sentry movie, his first story should be it. Hell, it ended perfectly and wiped him from 616's collective memory. Then Bendis had to shoehorn him in. Just stick to one movie. One-and-done it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That's also fair.

Imo, if they were ever to do a Sentry movie, his first story should be it. Hell, it ended perfectly and wiped him from 616's collective memory. Then Bendis had to shoehorn him in. Just stick to one movie. One-and-done it.
    Yeah, the original miniseries by Paul Jenkins was great (even though I like to envision it as an AU story) . Bendis straight up ruined him, he was just unbearable in everything from New Avengers to Mighty Avengers to Dark Avengers to Siege, up until his death. And then they did that memorial issue where everyone talked about how great he was. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie or even a TV miniseries, but given how Bendis has influenced so much of the MCU's direction both on film and television, I'm worried his ideas will carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Yeah, the original miniseries by Paul Jenkins was great (even though I like to envision it as an AU story) . Bendis straight up ruined him, he was just unbearable in everything from New Avengers to Mighty Avengers to Dark Avengers to Siege, up until his death. And then they did that memorial issue where everyone talked about how great he was. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie or even a TV miniseries, but given how Bendis has influenced so much of the MCU's direction both on film and television, I'm worried his ideas will carry on.
    Wow i agree with you on Soemthing. Sentry was unbearable. And they ckearly didn't know what to do with him

Alexandra Daddario as She-Hulk

Wow I thought the mini series came after the first appearance in new avengers. I liked him in new avengers and in seige. Never read the mini. I honestly thought bends created him like he did with Jessica
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Wow I thought the mini series came after the first appearance in new avengers. I liked him in new avengers and in seige. Never read the mini. I honestly thought bends created him like he did with Jessica
    A second mini came after his appearance in New Avengers. It wasn't as good as the first.