Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Black Canary and Batman were never a couple. They've kissed 2 times to my knowledge, only one of which happened in main continuity. And neither time was represented as being anything close to romantic.

This list is lame, anyway. Where's Kyle x Carol? Kendra x Roy? Starfire x Roy? Mera x Noble? Selina x Sam Bradley? Lois Lane x Jeb Friedman? There are so many awful ones that would be in DC's best interests to never revisit...it really makes you realize that the people who write this schlock really aren't all that invested in the universe and throw in a bunch of randoms with the super-notorious eff-ups (like Hal and Slade's pedophilic relationships).
    Jr. or Senior ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Noble?. who was that guy?
    I think he was the guy courting Mera before she and Arthur got back together post-PAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jr. or Senior ?
    Well the younger one obviously, since he goes by "Sam" instead of "Slam".

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Noble?. who was that guy?
    Some vaguely-humanoid fish-guy that Mera got with. I think it was after all the Dolphin drama? Regardless, it was really weird and turned out that she was only attracted to him because of powerful pheromones that his species naturally secretes.

BANNED

Some vaguely-humanoid fish-guy that Mera got with. I think it was after all the Dolphin drama? Regardless, it was really weird and turned out that she was only attracted to him because of powerful pheromones that his species naturally secretes.
    Gagh. That sounds stupid.

Oh man, the pheromones trope, i always laught every time that comes out, i just find it so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I've just recently finished reading the New 52 Green Lantern run and I was confused when it said she was dating Kyle... Not cool Kyle.
    One of the main reasons Carol was cast as a regular in the New Guardians book was to request for Kyle to help find Hal Jordan and after it was all over she broke up with him for Kyle.

Fantastic Member

Ok... that's a little weird. Particularly as IIRC Kyle was involved in something of a "love triangle" between himself, Soranik Natu and Jade around the same time as well. or was that resolved pre-FP?

terry long? Who's that? I don't remember him. And neither do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Ok... that's a little weird. Particularly as IIRC Kyle was involved in something of a "love triangle" between himself, Soranik Natu and Jade around the same time as well. or was that resolved pre-FP?
    i think it was resolved during Brightest Day? I don't remember. Both Jade and Sora dumped him though. Kyle's real bad at relationships

Well the younger one obviously, since he goes by "Sam" instead of "Slam".

Weirdest thing about that run was that after PAD left (or was forced off?), they recruited Erik Larsen to both write AND draw. Larsen and David were in the midst of a very public (for the comics' community) and very rancorous feud, that seemed to be based on the two having fundamentally different and clashing ideas about creating comics and storytelling, as well as a deep and personal dislike of each other's handling of characters each was working on in guest appearances when they were both at Marvel, PAD's criticism of Image in his But I Digress... column, and Larsen's epic rants in the letter pages of Savage Dragon in which he made it clear he hated everything about PAD's writing (not to mention the nameless comic book character proxy he'd put in the actual SD stories for no other reason but to make very obvious cheap shots at PAD himself). Noble and his pheromones was just one of Larsen's creations on his run.

BANNED

Black Canary and Batman were never a couple. They've kissed 2 times to my knowledge, only one of which happened in main continuity. And neither time was represented as being anything close to romantic.
    Come to think of it, wasn't the one done in continuity explained as something Dinah did simply so she could say she had done it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    There wasn't really much of a love triangle. Jade didn't want to get in the way of Kyle's relationship with Soranik so she didn't pursue him again after her revival kiss at the end of Blackest Knight.

But Soranik did break up with him once she found out he lied about who his true love/hearts desire was after a Star Sapphire showed him...and it was Jade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Come to think of it, wasn't the one done in continuity explained as something Dinah did simply so she could say she had done it?
    If I recall correctly it was after the Birds had basically proven Batman 100% wrong about them and then Dinah kissed him because it's apparently something she (and other women) have always wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There wasn't really much of a love triangle. Jade didn't want to get in the way of Kyle's relationship with Soranik so she didn't pursue him again after her revival kiss at the end of Blackest Knight.

But Soranik did break up with him once she found out he lied about who his true love/hearts desire was after a Star Sapphire showed him...and it was Jade.
    I wonder how that carries over into New 52/Rebirth, since Jade presumably still never existed. If Jade didn't exist, why did Soranik leave Kyle?

Kyle used to be one of my favorite DC characters. I'm not sure what I think about him anymore. Jade is still the only love interest for Kyle that I have ever cared about. The Carol thing was objectively awful from the perspective of anyone invested in her relationship with Hal, but even from Kyle's perspective it was ultimately a pointless waste of time. Like all of Kyle's relationships.

For the Green Lantern typically portrayed as being the most romantic, Kyle sure sucks at romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    I wonder how that carries over into New 52/Rebirth, since Jade presumably still never existed. If Jade didn't exist, why did Soranik leave Kyle?

Kyle used to be one of my favorite DC characters. I'm not sure what I think about him anymore. Jade is still the only love interest for Kyle that I have ever cared about. The Carol thing was objectively awful from the perspective of anyone invested in her relationship with Hal, but even from Kyle's perspective it was ultimately a pointless waste of time. Like all of Kyle's relationships.

For the Green Lantern typically portrayed as being the most romantic, Kyle sure sucks at romance.
    I guess the Sapphire probably showed him Alex instead.

BANNED

kyle sort of has a wandering eye as evident when he kissed Donna troy even when he was in a relation with jade which he explained to jade as something he had to work out.

Extraordinary Member

This list is lame, anyway. Where's Kyle x Carol? Kendra x Roy? Starfire x Roy? Mera x Noble? Selina x Sam Bradley? Lois Lane x Jeb Friedman? There are so many awful ones that would be in DC's best interests to never revisit...it really makes you realize that the people who write this schlock really aren't all that invested in the universe and throw in a bunch of randoms with the super-notorious eff-ups (like Hal and Slade's pedophilic relationships).
    That is very true. They recently ranked the New 52 Teen Titans as one of the "best" Teen Titans teams. The same New 52 Teen Titans that was notorious in how much it was hated by fans and which messed up Bart, Cassie, and Kon so irrevocably that they haven't been seen or heard from since because DC literally wants fans to forget the dumpster fire that was made of them. I literally busted out laughing when I saw they had made it onto the list of "best" Titans teams.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-01-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post

I feel the same way about Kyle. He was probably my favorite character at one time, but now he's just kind of.... I mean at some point ya gotta call a douchebag a douchebag.
    Save Ferris...