Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    He barely had to twist her arm to convince her he's "changed" or whatever. If this turns into a Psylocke situation, I'm gonna be pissed, so hopefully this doesn't turn into Magneto betraying her and her wanting payback sort of thing...
    Unlike Psylocke Lorna has been around the bend with Magneto enough times with him she should know he will take in her advice and think about it and in the end do what he feels is in the world's best interests and her best interests even if its opposite her advice if he feels about it strongly.

She was at the Genoshan cabinet meetings with Quicksilver trying to convince him of various things it in the past. In the end each and every time they are together be he makes decisions that at times dovetails with her thoughts and at times that doesn't, but Magneto in the end will always see himself as the final decision maker.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2017 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Just when I think maybe Bunn has decided to not add the dreaded love triangle...

So Jeen likes Jimmy, Scott's jealous(have a little self respect for yourself and move the F on), but Jeen says he shouldn't worry, and she finds all the guys cute, but she doesn't love them, then they get closer... DA FUK?

Anyway, some other things:
    Attachment 54002
    No Magneto, Charles wasn't trusting. He was just a world class telepath who mindwipe almost anyone.
    Attachment 54003
    That is not how you draw shoulders...

Anyway, Blue is loosing my interest.
    Did you not read the issue? Jean says Jimmy is cute sure, but she doesn't like him in the way she likes Scott.

People on the boards making mountains out of mole hills as usual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Me either. Bunn isn't doing anything to setup Jean/Jimmy, like he has been with Jean/Cyclops.
    I'm extremely grateful that Bunn didn't create a psychic rapport between the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Me either. Bunn isn't doing anything to setup Jean/Jimmy, like he has been with Jean/Cyclops.
    Jean say with all words that she doesn't like Jimmy the way she likes Scott. Jimmy is just like the others guys, she thinks they are cute and that is it. unless people think she will bang all O5 LOL

Cyclops fans are a lot like the character, too insecure.

If anything this is acould be like the original triangle: scott loves Jean and she loves him. Jimmy loves Jean and Jean doesn't love him back, at best thinks he is attractive

BANNED

Oh please, just because Jean said she doesn't like Jimmy doesn't mean she won't. How many times has love triangles started in fiction with one person assuring the other that there's nothing to worry about? It's actually a cliché for that to happen during a love triangle.

What did Cyclops do to you you're always attacking him? This isn't about being insecure it's about Bunn saying he wanted the triangle. Maybe he changed his mind since that came out, but clearly he was planning on going there. Hopefully he avoids that since he seems very receptive to fan feedback.

BANNED

why are so many clich¨¦s and tropes used in this issue? Magic practice will involve dark arts and demons eventually. Beast cannot trust Dr. Strange to know enough about magic but trusts goblin Queen. Every male Logan must have a fuzzy memory and attempt to find his origins. Jean and scott must be attracted to other X men so it is awkward for them to be mentally bonded.The couple about to start kissing must be interrupted. the x men must always be under attack. beast must turn into a beast through tampering chemical or mystical. Ice man must prove he is a force to be reckoned with and not a flake. magneto doesn't trust himself truly or just tries the gambit of keeping your enemies close to convince people to join his team. All veterans must be knocked out to show the direness of the threat leaving it to the young guard to save the day. All that was missing was beast hailing the goblin queen.

BANNED

While I enjoyed the issue, I seriously just skipped past the Warren/Jimmy scenes. It was THAT uninteresting to me.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I actually liked this issue better than many before it, just because it spread the focus out to several characters. The idea of Inferno Maddie recruiting an army of evil AU magic users is also, on its own, not a bad idea. But, with there being so much of a focus on AU already, it again feels like this book is just an exiles title.

Strange how Iceman's relationship is the only one getting called out for being a distraction. I don't usually like how LGBT characters, especially teens, are shoved quickly into a relationship and not allowed to date around, but I also dislike that Bunn felt the need to break up Romeo and Bobby. I actually really like Romeo, he's a potentially interesting character with a unique backstory.

The return of the psychic rapport and the triangle are both super gross. Please give these characters a new story.

Still DGAS about blond Wolverine. Warrens role on the team thus far seems to be to just flirt with everyone they encounter, he is in desperate need of real development ASAP.

Love Polaris, hate her role on this book, it will never not be strange to me when she calls Mags "dad". Speaking of Mags, his heel turn from the end of Uncanny to the beginning of this book has still not been explained to my satisfaction. I still cringe anytime he refers to himself as an X-Man.

The art was meh. Maddie is badly in need of a redesign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean say with all words that she doesn't like Jimmy the way she likes Scott. Jimmy is just like the others guys, she thinks they are cute and that is it. unless people think she will bang all O5 LOL

If anything this is acould be like the original triangle: scott loves Jean and she loves him. Jimmy loves Jean and Jean doesn't love him back, at best thinks he is attractive
    Agreed. Much ado about nothing as usual from the Cyke stans.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Oh please, just because Jean said she doesn't like Jimmy doesn't mean she won't. How many times has love triangles started in fiction with one person assuring the other that there's nothing to worry about? It's actually a cliché for that to happen during a love triangle.

What did Cyclops do to you you're always attacking him? This isn't about being insecure it's about Bunn saying he wanted the triangle. Maybe he changed his mind since that came out, but clearly he was planning on going there. Hopefully he avoids that since he seems very receptive to fan feedback.
    I don't like Cyclops and all this "cyke was right", how he is never blamed for the wrong things he did.

So we shouldn't trust jean words?
    mostly love triangles happen because the other person is jealous and ends throwing the partners on the 3rd party arms.
    I bet this will happen if there is a love triangle in this book, somehow Scott will be so jealous that jean will ended up seeking confort on jimmy arms.

**Bunn never said he wanted a triangle
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-30-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Agreed. Much ado about nothing as usual from the Cyke stans.
    I am far from a Cyke stan, and I interpreted this as the return of the triangle, it's pretty clear foreshadowing, and it was already mentioned in interviews from way back that a classic triangle would return.

BANNED

It's interesting that they used a cosmic cube fragment creating a rapport between Scott and Jean to jump start their romance. The rapport I bet doesn't last longer than Bunn's run, if it lasts that long.

BANNED

it's pretty clear foreshadowing, and it was already mentioned in interviews from way back that a classic triangle would return.
    Lol at the delusions of those acting like this triangle is in the minds of Tyke fans when Bunn has already talked about it happening. Whether he changes his mind is another thing but it's already been previewed just like Gen X hasn't shown up but we know they will. How do we know if it hasn't happened? Cause Bunn previewed that too.

I don't like Cyclops and all this "cyke was right", how he is never blamed for the wrong things he did.
    Oh please, don't come into the x-boards with that bs that Cyclops was never punished. To be fair, none of the heroes are ever punished for anything they do but of all of them, Cyclops has been punished the most. Isn't Captain America already this great hero again after becoming a Nazi?

So we shouldn't trust jean words?
    No. She's a hormonal teen girl. And like I said, it's beyond a cliché for the center of attention in a triangle to tell one of the other person that they have nothing to worry about. If Bunn wasn't thinking about setting seeds, this wouldn't get brought up in the first place.
    Last edited by Calaigah; 08-30-2017 at 10:57 AM.

So was this AU version of Pixie her Nightmare persona or another interpretation?

Some comments here are just plain dumb. And it's always the same people who say them. Jean made her feelings pretty clear here, and those are that Jimmy's hot and all but she doesn't feel for him what she feels for Scott. He's cute but so are the other boys. She and Scott knows what the other is thinking all the time now so they can only be honest with each other.

IIRC it was Paniccia who talked about the triangle, not Bunn. While some people can see it as hints that it will happen anyway(what?), for me it felt like a simple shutdown of something most people were already expecting and they may had lowkey implied. Like when there's a theory around and they make sure to show it's not what they're going for. I guess I can't really say for sure but we can at least judge Jean for what she said and done here instead of being like "Nah, bullshit, it's gonna be that and that instead because I'm saying so".