Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    So was this AU version of Pixie her Nightmare persona or another interpretation?
    She doesn't look like Nightmare, I'm guessing different. Maybe one from a world where the NXM kids never made it out of Limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Some comments here are just plain dumb. And it's always the same people who say them. Jean made her feelings pretty clear here, and those are that Jimmy's hot and all but she doesn't feel for him what she feels for Scott. He's cute but so are the other boys. She and Scott knows what the other is thinking all the time now so they can only be honest with each other.

IIRC it was Paniccia who talked about the triangle, not Bunn. While some people can see it as hints that it will happen anyway(what?), for me it felt like a simple shutdown of something most people were already expecting and they may had lowkey implied. Like when there's a theory around and they make sure to show it's not what they're going for. I guess I can't really say for sure but we can at least judge Jean for what she said and done here instead of being like "Nah, bullshit, it's gonna be that and that instead because I'm saying so".
    Bunn has created a credibility gap with Jeen. That's my problem. Between their conversation in ANXM #19 and this issue I don't see what Bunn has written that would change Jeen's mind on pursuing a relationship with Tyke. So they accidentally get a rapport and this changes things? I don't see how. Jeen would have had access to Tyke's thoughts already so she shouldn't be seeing anything new through the rapport, at least as I understand it.

There's just no credible reason for Jeen's heel turn now, other than what seems to be a ham-handed attempt to drive the Jott narrative forward. Motivation makes or breaks these things for me and I don't see why Jeen's motivations would have changed. It could come off as her being flaky but I can't imagine that's what Bunn was going for.

As for the triangle here's what I could find that Bunn actually said:

Bunn: Jean and Scott are in for some crazy surprises in the near future. During the Secret Empire arc, something happens between the two of them that will change their relationship in a huge way, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. We hinted at a “familiar” love triangle a while back, and a lot of readers instantly assumed we are talking about Jean, Scott, and Jimmy (Wolverine’s son). Eh. Maybe we are! But I bet those readers have no earthly idea where this is really headed!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...n-blue-writer/

Lots of double talk by Bunn but definitely flirting with the "triangle".

Can they even make some sense about Jean's feelings already? At the end of All new x-men she was all over Scott, yet she said that she didn't want a relationship because it would be moving backward. Then she shows interest in Jimmy even though his lack of anything interesting to bring to the table, and now she wants Scott again...MAYBE?

Jesus, not ather soul-boring love triangle. I'm also pretty sure you need the other person to like you back for that and I honestly don't see Jimmy all that interested in Jean. But with the way they are handling the story, it wouldn't surprise me if he suddenly falls in love with her out of the blue. I'm like every male character who meets Jean suddenly gets a crush.

I would have liked it much more if they had Jimmy interact properly with the rest of the team like he is now doing with Warren. The O5 barely feel like a team at all, now.

And are Warren and Laura officially not together anymore? Because now they show Warren flirting with other women at the first opportunity like the writers can't understand that some couples break up without one of them cheating on the other.

God i loved this
    Scott and Jean development from anxm1 anxm2 extraordinary-x-men to this is really satisfying to watch. Lol, this is another time that beast interrupts a kiss between scott amd jean, like in black vortex.
    Enjoying polaris and danger, hope magneto does more.
    Love the Hex men, but didn't like how they took out a team of hevey hitters easily, to now face only scott and jean.
    Love the angel and jimmy tag team, a good way to remove jimmy from scott and jean letting him develop his own plot, and a good way of using angel instead of having him offpanel or as wallpaper.
    Cant wait for the next issue of this.
    Gods i miss 616 maddy pryor.
    The thing i love about bunn is that he uses old plots that have randomly inserted by old writers and tie them up in new plots that call back to classic X-men days

BANNED

Oh, demonic X-Men! Can we keep them, editorial? Pleeaase

'Goblin Queen and the Hex-Men' is the series we need.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 08-30-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Logan doesn't read or buy the comics as he said himself many times. But, he does comment on them.
    Last I checked it's a free country, Lorna has a blind spot for Magneto, she showed it in his mini where she wants to believe him, she wants to believe that he'll change for the good, and Magneto lets her believe that lie just like he did before he stole/borrowed her powers without her consent, she's in the same position that Psylocke was in and it'll probably end pretty much the same way, though I'm guessing without the either trying to kill the other, kind of funny that those that hated much/all of her world being Alex are loving much/all of her world being Magneto...same portrayal just different guy and nothing romantic...strange...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Last I checked it's a free country, Lorna has a blind spot for Magneto, she showed it in his mini where she wants to believe him, she wants to believe that he'll change for the good, and Magneto lets her believe that lie just like he did before he stole/borrowed her powers without her consent, she's in the same position that Psylocke was in and it'll probably end pretty much the same way, though I'm guessing without the either trying to kill the other, kind of funny that those that hated much/all of her world being Alex are loving much/all of her world being Magneto...same portrayal just different guy and nothing romantic...strange...
    Its a free country for you to comment on the issue and I never said it wasn't. But, you are commenting on an issue based on our commentary just as happened with Magneto Last Days where others bought it and you as you said didn't so there was confusion about stuff in the issue as happened here.

As for Magneto stealing her powers you more need to boil down which time as that happened repeatedly.

In terms of trusting Magneto, you can trust him to do what he believes is the right course whatever decision that is and Bunn does have his decisions and opinions based on his history as a character and has done an extremely good job with the character.

How Lorna is written in terms of her opinions and decisions, well the readers who are picking up the series will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Jean needs to make up her friggin mind. It was what, 8 issues ago that Scott kissed her and she shut him down? If she keeps going back and forth it's going to wreak havoc with the dudes head.

So it's safe to say Warren is single and not with Laura anymore with how much he's flirting with other women?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Jean needs to make up her friggin mind. It was what, 8 issues ago that Scott kissed her and she shut him down? If she keeps going back and forth it's going to wreak havoc with the dudes head.
    I think ignoring her feelings for Scott was way easier when she didnt read everyone of his thoughts and he wasn't able to read hers. Now they have that rapport, it's pretty hard to hide or ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    So it's safe to say Warren is single and not with Laura anymore with how much he's flirting with other women?
    Bunn said he's not with Laura anymore on tumblr, I hope that gets actually addressed on the book though...

just here to spread positive vibes, i looooved this issue !!

pixie ! polaris ! danger ! a quip that was actually funny (the warrenverine bit) ! honestly i could take an entire series that was just x-character interactions like the first half of this issue, really have no need to read about super-villain stuff. that being said, the hex-men look really fun too. the jimmy b-plot wasn't v engaging, but it was more just geographic positioning ready for the next ish, so i'll reserve judgment.

still think this is the highlight of resurreXion

BANNED

Well, I liked it. The parts I enjoyed most, in order, using a favorite bit of dialogue from each:

Magneto - "I want someone to challenge my strategies."
    Polaris - "Well, in that respect, Dad... I'm your girl."

Teen Angel - "Plus, I guess I've got a soft spot for Wolverines." ...
    Sheriff Kira - "Wow. You never stop, do you?"

Danger - "You worry more about some boy who is not returning your calls... an Inhuman boy... than you do about your well-being and that of your teammates."
    Iceboy - "You can't talk to me that way! You can't talk about Romeo that way! Maybe the other Iceman would let you get away with that, but not me!"

Oh, and can't forget Lorna's sly, WONDERFUL, but not-so-subtle meta-slam, against NEVER-gonna-get-father-of-the-year... lol, Big Daddy Mags:
    - "I want someone to help me guide these children."
    - "Yeah. Dealing with kids isn't your strong suit."

I even found the Jott interaction & implications far less repulsive than I normally do, for some reason. Though still an unwanted & redundant retread, pretty much, TBH.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Bunn said he's not with Laura anymore on tumblr, I hope that gets actually addressed on the book though...
    I wish they would. The whole Schrödinger's Relationship is really starting to irritate me. If it's done, just confirm it on-panel already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I think ignoring her feelings for Scott was way easier when she didnt read everyone of his thoughts and he wasn't able to read hers. Now they have that rapport, it's pretty hard to hide or ignore.
    That's probably a pretty fair reason actually. Though I hope it's addressed specifically