Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Secret empire 10 spoilers

Well I tried to add inviso text here and have no idea how.
    So heres some random words in case you want to go back and not get full spoilers.
    heres more random words
    I'm putting more random words here.

Now the spoilers

Book opens with the scene from the previews.

Steve in the makeshift HydraCap/IronMan hybrid harbor

Steve tries to talk the Avengers down, telling them how its too late and its time to rebuild.

Steve Explains how they're going to use the cosmic cube to reshape the world in hydras image. The avengers all calmy (based on the art) look on (oddly enough hulk and captain marvel almost look like they're smiling) as they explain how Steve is incorrect and now IS the time to fight.

Hawkeye calls for AVENGERS ASSEMBLE to continue my nitpicking of the art Ms Marvel has apparently grown the hands of elongated man.

The avengers begin to fight steve and they start a monologue about how they dont stand a chance.
    Steve has now used the cosmic cube to wipe the avengers out of existance.

Next is a splash page showing Hydra cap and several newspapers explaining the avengers new back stories but with hydra twists.

Hydra sent the FF to space and doom lead them, hydra killed magneto and xavier (lynching) Hydra assembled the avengers, Hydra gave peter parker the spider powers.

Steve has remade Washington into Hydrafied version and as he looks around he is interrupted by Sam Wilson.

Sam has a small piece of the cosmic cube, Bucky and Antman.(bucky and antman let on that this is a trap)

Sam bends the knee, hails hydra and hands cap the cube and his shield.

Cap places the last fragment of the cube in his chest, he powers up then falls back down.

cap looks bewildered and at that moment antman pops up, he had been riding the cosmic cube piece and had shrunk down bucky. they're both now full size and cap is pissed.

Its revealed that they believe by putting the cube back together kobik will return and will take the power of the cube back.

Shift to Kobik and steve in the cube talking, steve gives a rousing speech about fighting fascists and grabs kobik. They're walking and Steve begins to hear Bucky call his name.

Bucky pulls steve from the wreckage and now back to the "Real world"

Kobik appears, she looks pissed. Steve is pissed aaaaand Kobik starts to roll back all of his changes.

Steve appears in front of Steve (hydra) they banter back and forth and Steve tells Hydra steve that "That shield doesn't belong to you" to which hydra steve replies "Try and take it from me, then".

They fight, they even do a nice little call back to the civil war shot of ironman and cap fighting with the repulsor ray on the shield.

When both are at their weakest they both go for thors hammer, hydra cap can no longer lift it, but real steve can.

He knocks out Hydra cap in victory.

Steve stands up and hands back thors hammer and gives sam back the shield.

Kobik restored history, but left vegas in shambles, they show a shot of Rick Jones and Natasha (I think) its not clear based on narration if theyre alive or dead, I guess they're alive....

They do a nice little group shot of the avengers (minus steve).

Theres a nice epilogue about how they are rebuilding.

End Spoilers

Overall this book even at eleventy billion pages felt rushed, even with the fact that seemingly there was no way that Hydra cap would win it just felt....anti climactic?
    Last edited by richsaint; 08-30-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Spectacular Member

Finally rebirth/legacy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    Finally rebirth
    Don't be fooled.

https://amp.pastemagazine.com/articl...el-comics.html

So...any mention of the setup for generations in this?

I'd say Black Widow and Rick are still dead.

It's a weird ending. Hydra cap got punched but that's like all. The Hydra Council is still around. Even Hydra Cap is still alive as far as we know.
    It's like in the Return of the Jedi when the Emperor got killed we are suppose to think the Empire simply ended.

The "Vanishing point" was very disappointing. It's not even part of the story. They did not put it in a way like it was part of fighting HydraCap.

There is still the Omega issue, but the story is supposed to be over now.

Read every issue of Spencer run of both Captain America, but I don't feel the closure that should come with it.

It was a fine event, I was excited to read every new issue, but not even knowing how Elisa Sinclair is possible bothers me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    So...any mention of the setup for generations in this?
    Yeah, but it was very minimal. Basically "So Kobik threw us into the vanishing point...somehow, and we all came out with smiles on our faces"

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Come on let people have a little hope in the future .

The scenes with the real Steve return were the best and somehow made it worth the wait.

SE overall it was a good story but mess with legacy of the characters is a double-edged sword. The story passes an important message about fascism and how ideals can be distorted.

The problem is that to get to that the marvel had to cause a serious damage in the legacy of some heroes and this will not disappear or be easily forgotten either for the sake of history or according to some readers to make room for the new generation of heroes (damaging the old ones).

Regardless of readers' opinion, marvel made a promise without big events for a while and no fights between heroes. Maybe it's true or not we've been deceived a few times but at least for now prefer to have a little hope.

BANNED

Kind of underwhelmed by this ending. The issue goes to great lengths to assure the reader that all the superheroes are back to their heroic best. Yet, I don't really get the sense that the heroes earned this victory. Sure, they managed to knock Hydra Cap unconscious but I don't think they did enough to refute any of the criticisms that Hydra Cap raised in Civil War II: The Oath. It's still the same petty superheroes that lead the Marvel universe into this mess in the first place. Realistically Civil War III should begin the moment Hydra Cap was defeated, there's no coming back from this in a way that doesn't feel cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    It was a fine event, I was excited to read every new issue, but not even knowing how Elisa Sinclair is possible bothers me.
    Yeah, disappointed that we never got to learn more about Elisa Sinclair and what her end game actually was. She was an interesting character and they killed her off-panel midway through this story. Such a waste.
    Last edited by Kintor; 08-30-2017 at 07:55 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Sounds good to me. Hope the omega book wraps the lose,ends nicely. The fate of Widow rick and hydra Cap is what I'm interested in.
    X-Men Forever

From what I've read, it kind of sounds like what Marvel's done with Iron Man over the years everytime he's gone somewhat villainous (Crossing/Civil War/Axis/Time Runs Out)...a "soft" mental reboot of sorts?

Of if the other Cap is a seperate entity still, sort of reminds me of the junkyard fight in Superman III, with the 'good' and 'bad' sides splitting in two.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-30-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Funny how Hydra-Cap became more Iron Man-like in the end. Are we sure Marvel sees Tony as a hero? lol
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-30-2017 at 08:11 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Yeah Natasha and Rick are dead still they even showed Natasha's portrait on a later panel next to her casket.

The panel depicting Natasha and Rick next to each other in the ruins of the destroyed Las Vegas is supposed to symbolize what was lost.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-30-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    From what I've read, it kind of sounds like what Marvel's done with Iron Man over the years everytime he's gone somewhat villainous (Crossing/Civil War/Axis/Time Runs Out)...a "soft" mental reboot of sorts?

Of if the other Cap is a seperate entity still, sort of reminds me of the junkyard fight in Superman III, with the 'good' and 'bad' sides splitting in two.
    If Vegas is still destroyed then this isn't much of a reboot. Arguably the worst thing that happened is still on the table.

Still, given Steve was effected by the cube he'said got an out without any sort of reboot. Not that Steve won't have issues, but it's not something he can't get past overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    not really. More of a day off, then heroes come back fresh for the new season.

What a cowardice ending. Not only they made two Caps(so they can say HydraCap was the fake one), but let the whole world watch it. So this whole world changing event will have almost zero consequences. "Oh people died" "Don't worry Cap, it wasn't your fault." "Ah, ok."

And what the hell was that Civil War imagery? Why? Made absolutely no sense to me.

And Vanishing point, like really? So Kobik just decides to send a bunch of legacy heroes in the past to meet their original heroes, for funsies?

This was a huge disappointment.