Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cities in dust!

Smile Cities in dust!

Pittsburgh PA: Oldie but goodie.
    Universe it happened in: New Universe
    Who did it:Starbrand (Ken Connell) but it was an accident.
    Is the Universe it happened in still around?: Nope, it was the beginning of the end for the New Universe.

New Jersey...Like..all the cities.
    Universe it happened in: Ultimate Universe
    Who did it?:Galactus...whoops sorry..."Gah Lak Tus"
    Is the Universe it happened in still around?: Nope, it was the beginning of the end for the Ultimate Universe.

Las Vegas NV: That's Vegas Baby! Or...That WAS Vegas, Baby!
    Universe it happened in: Mainstream Marvel Universe....SAY WHAAAAAATTTTT???!!!
    Who did it?:A wizard did it. Or a cosmic cube I sometimes get them mixed up.
    Is the universe it happened in still around?: Nope, it was the beginning of the end..of...uh..everything is awesome

If anyone can remember other cities that bit the dust feel free to add them. I'm kind of shocked no one has destroyed Detroit or Cleveland yet....
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-05-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Pittsburgh PA: Oldie but goodie.
    Universe it happened in: New Universe
    Who did it:Starbrand (Ken Connell) but it was an accident.
    Is the Universe it happened in still around?: Nope, it was the beginning of the end for the New Universe.

Is the Universe it happened in still around?: Nope, it was the beginning of the end for the Ultimate Universe.

Las Vegas NV: That's Vegas Baby! Or...That WAS Vegas, Baby!
    Universe it happened in: Mainstream Marvel Universe....SAY WHAAAAAATTTTT???!!!
    Who did it?:A wizard did it. Or a cosmic cube I sometimes get them mixed up.
    Is the universe it happened in still around?: Nope, it was the beginning of the end..of...uh..everything is awesome

If anyone can remember other cities that bit the dust feel free to add them. I'm kind of shocked no one has destroyed Detroit or Cleveland yet....
    Last one is incorrect, Las Vegas was destroyed by Hydra munitions and remains destroyed in the 'restored' MU.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Last one is incorrect, Las Vegas was destroyed by Hydra munitions and remains destroyed in the 'restored' MU.
    When I said "everything is awesome" I was talking about the Marvel Universe not the city of Las Vegas. It was a joke playing on the fact that the New Universe and Ultimate Lines are no longer around. I thought Kobik was the one that caused the events that led to Vegas biting it? If not, I would like to say I'm sorry. I skipped that event.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-05-2017 at 05:27 PM.

When I said "everything is awesome" I was talking about the Marvel Universe not the city of Las Vegas. It was a joke playing on the fact that the New Universe and Ultimate Lines are no longer around. I thought Kobik was the one that caused the events that led to Vegas biting it? If not, I would like to say I'm sorry. I skipped that event.
    She was, but for some reason she left the consequences of Cap having gone Hydra and Hydra taking over the country, including Las Vegas being blown to smithereens. So, in the Marvel Universe, post-Secret Empire, Vegas remains a smoking crater, all but a few of the inhabitants are confirmed dead, and so there must be something like a million insurance claims and wills being worked out, unless that's being held up by inability to identify the bodies. Honestly, not only would there be millions of bereaved around the country (since not too many people who live in Vegas actually come from Vegas), but you would have insurance companies failing and probably the whole economy tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    She was, but for some reason she left the consequences of Cap having gone Hydra and Hydra taking over the country, including Las Vegas being blown to smithereens. So, in the Marvel Universe, post-Secret Empire, Vegas remains a smoking crater, all but a few of the inhabitants are confirmed dead, and so there must be something like a million insurance claims and wills being worked out, unless that's being held up by inability to identify the bodies. Honestly, not only would there be millions of bereaved around the country (since not too many people who live in Vegas actually come from Vegas), but you would have insurance companies failing and probably the whole economy tanking.

Wouldn't the destruction of Las Vegas send Marvel Comics down an even darker path? I like to joke around but usually when Marvel starts destroying real cities it sends a message that the universe that the story takes place in is about to be destroyed. After so many years could we finally be heading for a reboot?

Central City-DC Universe- done by Superman cyborg

What about Stamford, Connecticut from the original Civil War?
    (It did get better, though . . . "A Timeless Journey" is where I'm headed tomorrow for my comic books.)

Quote Originally Posted by NohWonn View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint? Central is intact now, Flash is set there.

I wonder what Miles Morales thinks about that, considering he's now on a team with a New Jersey native - whose Ultimate counterpart we never saw (Kamala Khan debuted only a year before Secret Wars, so there was no time for her to appear in Ultimate) and must've died there!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-05-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NohWonn View Post
    There is a Central City in Marvel's Universe and it's Heroes Reborn Universe.

Central City: The Marvel one, not the DC one
    Universe where it happened: Nothing happened the city hasn't been destroyed...I think.
    Who did it?: No one, as far as I know the city is still there

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

There's also Washington DC, the place where it was destroyed by Kang in Kang Dynasty storyline. The only known casualty in the storyline was the Avengers' liaison Duane Freeman who predates Phil Coulson (both Duane Freeman and Phil Coulson were Avengers fanboys before they became government agents).

Some years later, Washington DC was attacked again in Fear Itself storyline and this time, it was Sinthea's Nazi Army.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

I'm not sure if Stamford qualifies...

Was it really destroyed or was it just run of the mill invasion damage?

Now I have Siouxie and The Banshees in my head

Technically, Galactus destroyed New Jersey in Cataclysm, not the Ultimate version.

A few cities were destroyed by Ex Nihilo at the start of Hickman's Avengers run. Perth was one of them, but I don't remember the others.