Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

If Marvel think this will be the 'Rebirth' of their Captain America, I think they've got another thing coming. Whilst I enjoyed this book, there can be no denying that it has tarnished Cap's character, and the attempt to make the finale of this book seem triumphant rings pretty hollow considering the damage caused and lives lost during HydraCap's reign.

Unless Marvel put some serious thought into the ramifications of what happened here, by telling stories about the short-term and long-term effects of this event, it'll come across as sweeping this era of Cap under the rug. Sadly, that's exactly what I'm expecting to happen; I'm pretty sure the Legacy books are using another time-skip, and few if any of the Legacy solicitations seem to address Secret Empire.

I'll be avoiding the new WaidCap run like the plague regardless, despite Chris Samnee's very appealing art. Waid's Avengers has fizzled out completely, and Champions is dreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, but it was very minimal. Basically "So Kobik threw us into the vanishing point...somehow, and we all came out with smiles on our faces"
    Okay...just saw the panels. Is it safe to say at this point Generations seems very tacked on and poorly thought out?

Extraordinary Member

Is anyone here still care about who the hell Kraken is?
    I mean SE has so many loose ends, is HydraCap dead or what?

Back 2 Back Bad Marvel Events.

Widow is still dead, no one is gonna use Las Vegas for awhile.
    Sam Wilson Captain America is basically null and void.
    Captain Marvel has more dead bodies under her belt because this came from CW2.
    They are gonna attempt to say Captain America is okay again. BITE ME.
    Thunderbolts resulted in nothing.
    The Generations Tie In was one panel.

0-2 were the only good issues but this event sucked. Awful. Once you saw the pattern, heroes come up, get beaten, HYDRAmerica is shown to be okay, Monologue, Last Panel Reveal.
    D+

Spectacular Member

I guess this is why there's no Black Widow solicitations on November

It makes no sense why Kobik wouldn't bring people that died back... Why wouldn't Bucky ask to bring her back also.

Well Captain America's new Tag Line "What Happened in Vegas Stayed in Vegas"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    lolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That was really funny.

Amazing Member

What a waste of an event. This could have easily been a story played out in Captain America's solo title instead of dragging other heroes along for the ride. The ending is just a slugfest between two versions of Steve Rogers? Yawn. Another great opportunity to have Reed and Sue come back was totally missed, and would have actually been a decent surprise.

'Legacy' really has one chance to right the ship for Marvel, and that is to move backwards with the whole 'diversity' angle immediately. I want my liberal and atheist children to read comics, but I don't want them to eventually realize that the only reason there are female/minority heroes is because they were brought in as marketing gimmicks that didn't even work. If it takes another year for Tony, Thor, Logan, Bruce, and Steve to get back into full swing again, all we are going to see is more plummeting sales. It's bad for the industry, and the readers suffer for it.

On a side note, let's see how long the 'no events' and 'no heroes fighting heroes' things last. Marvel just can't help themselves.

Incredible Member

So vanishing point and generations being built up to play a part in SE10 was a 2 panel let down, with absolutely no reason or context why Kobik would even do it, seeing as she has never met any of those heroes ever and know nothing about their past or anything.

Vegas is still destroyed... don't tell the writers of scarlet spider that though, not sure how this is gonna work

They show that Elisa used a cube fragment was used to alter the hammer to let Steve use it making it a hammer of strength not worthiness for hydra not Thor by changing the wording.

Did we ever learn who the Kraken was on steves council? Maybe omega will explain this.

And now Steve joins a new category of heroes with evil twins or clones hehe.
    And in the end with the photo with the most powerful heroes of the earth who saved the day guess what group was missing?

"But she left the scars and the wreckage. ...A reminder of our promise: Never Again."

So... she/the cosmic cube can rewrite history (multiple times it seems) but leaves tons of innocents dead and a city completely destroyed just so the heroes can have a narcissistic reminder? Not because it will hurt the time-space continuum or because it's too much for Kobik to do or any other explanation... just because the heroes need this to not become @sshats again?

What's the right adjective for this? "Offensive"? "Disrespectful"? Nah, it's just a sub-standard comic that spent far too much time telling instead of showing. "Lame"? Yeah, that's about all the bile I can muster as I really can't be bothered to care too much at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That was really funny.
    Yes it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Thursaiz View Post
    On a side note, let's see how long the 'no events' and 'no heroes fighting heroes' things last. Marvel just can't help themselves.
    Maybe there is a 12 step program that can help them with their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    And now Steve joins a new category of heroes with evil twins or clones hehe.
    And in the end with the photo with the most powerful heroes of the earth who saved the day guess what group was missing?
    Yeah it's funny how X-characters and Ben Grimm suddenly disappeared from that shot. But this is just one big Avenger event, so it's whatever.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!