Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default So the vanishing point is pretty much a joke now right? SE 10 spoilers

We were told vanishing point was all important and played a big part into the conclusion of secret empire, except it is 2 panels in secret empire, and kobik who has never met any of these heroes has no rhyme or reason to know their past, and sends them to meet the younger version of heroes. It felt so out of place and off and tacked in. Sure I'll send you to the past for no reason but I won't fix Las Vegas or bring back black widow or rick.

So this has to be a joke to just up sales for generations right?

It seems about as well done as Ulysses's visions from that last issue of Civil War 2, the visions that were just splash page advertisements for upcoming stories. So, ya know, not done well at all.

Whole Secret Empire turned out to be a joke. Just took 10 issues to get to the punchline. And we all fell for it.

Ultimate Member

How did you guys want SE to end?

The story started with the Cosmic Cube and Kobik. It had to end with the Cube fixing and/or undoing stuff.

The Vanishing point seemed a little tacked on

BANNED

Easy Cap reverting, Elisa turning into a Lovecraftian monster and heroes teamin up to stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Easy Cap reverting, Elisa turning into a Lovecraftian monster and heroes teamin up to stop her.
    Yeah.

I was actually hoping, especially after Spencer said something about Steve himself turning the tide, that Steve's true personality would be so strong that not even the Cosmic Cube could truly subvert him and that he would reassert *his own* truth and make things right.

Instead we got memorex Steve fighting his evil doppleganger meaning that at an existential level, *both* versions of Cap are creations of a weirdly sentient Cosmic Cube.

The real Steve Rogers is essentially dead and has been since Pleasant Hill... these are more like Tulpas created by Kobik (yes that is slightly hyperbolic but when these many reality warping shenanigans happen its hard for me not to see it kinda like that).

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Whole Secret Empire turned out to be a joke. Just took 10 issues to get to the punchline. And we all fell for it.
    I didn't. ..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I didn't. ..
    Most probably didn't.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    We were told vanishing point was all important and played a big part into the conclusion of secret empire
    Do you recall which article we were told that in?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Do you recall which article we were told that in?
    "The idea for “Generations” sprang out of a discussion of Kobik, the Cosmic Cube and the Vanishing Point," said Alonso. "At a retreat to discuss “Secret Empire, we started to ponder the types of experiences other heroes could have inside the Vanishing Point, and we realized that, in fact, there was a pivotal scene in “Secret Empire” that would allow us to find out.
    There was an article in Comicbook. from Axel Alonso himself.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Would be funny if Koibak said all that power sending those heroes off to 'learn something' means she didn't, you know, do anything to bring back all the dead heroes or repair Las Vegas or something constructive. 'Opps!'

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Would be funny if Koibak said all that power sending those heroes off to 'learn something' means she didn't, you know, do anything to bring back all the dead heroes or repair Las Vegas or something constructive. 'Opps!'

Even crazier when you realize that she was the one who pulled Fixer out of the time loop he was trapped in with no damage to the timestream. Hell she seamlessly rewrote the past twice with no real effort on her part. In other words, she could have brought back the dead heroes or the innocents who died in the event easily and it would have damaged nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Even crazier when you realize that she was the one who pulled Fixer out of the time loop he was trapped in with no damage to the timestream. Hell she seamlessly rewrote the past twice with no real effort on her part. In other words, she could have brought back the dead heroes or the innocents who died in the event easily and it would have damaged nothing.
    I swear to god if the Omega issue doesn't give a legitimate and believable explanation why Kob can't at least bring back innocent lives for people who I doubt think 'learning a lesson' would matter at much as having their loved ones again, never mind the fallen heroes....

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Kobik could have resurrected Natasha and Rick Jones from the dead, but she didn't. Why?
    Because we must LEARN.

Black Widow and Rick are alive. When they showed Vegas we say them alive and not bodies.