Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about now?

Default What about now?

I'm kind of feeling like this is it for me. the time has come for leaving for true Spidey behind me. Sorta.
    Sorry for the overly dramatic begin, but this thread question is born from a very emptying feeling.
    I've stated reading comic with spider man i've endured lot of ups and downs, I still have so many comic featuring the webslinger that i don't know what to do with them. ANd now...for the nth time Peter is Back at square one. AGAIN. Probably he will go back living with Aunt May.
    But what sort of stories can be told THAT HAD NOT BEEN TOLD ALREADY?
    (also i doubt freelance photographer can be a job allowing enough to live nowaday as it was years ago...)
    I am thinking that for me is time to say goodbye to Spidey. Is been a nice long trip, but honestly, as much as i like JJJ..the Bugle? Again? don't know (unless...upgrade peter to full Journalist..but i doubt it....Spidey is crystalized nowaday, fan dont' want change and owners want to protect the brand...So nahh I doubt it)
    Tell me what sort of stories do you hope for, something new i hope, because retreading old 60s70s and 80s stories is not exactly exciting for someone who has them already and can read whenever he want to(if he want to).

Read Scarlet Spider!!!

-Pav, who likes a spider who can grow and change...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Yeah...Scarlet Spider is the only Marvel title I'm buying and if they cancel it...I'm done with Marvel.For me personally...the real Peter died with OMD. I also think Marvel doesn't really care about Peter Parker too much anymore and just continue to show him as an inept idiot moron who can't do nothing right anymore...Marvel seems to me to want Miles Morales to be the main Spidey and not Peter IMO.And I'm pretty sure with the upcoming Generations Peter and Miles story that it will show Miles as better and smarter than Peter while Peter is continued to be shown as a moron.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

There's some pretty cool stuff simmering in the Venom ongoing; Eddie Brock is really being fleshed out well, and the relationship between him and the symbiote is quite different from before.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Just read Renew Your Vows if you want Peter moving forward.

Or nip over to Comic Kingdom and get a laugh from the daily strip.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-31-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

I feel exactly the same way, but with the whole Marvel Universe. Every story is told a few times. Its just a repeat. That being said, i still read some Marvels. Asm, Spider-Man, Black Bolt, Royals, Gotg and Spider-Men II. But i see rarely something new.

How many times can you fight Doc Ock before it gets old? How many versions of this and that character will appear before you roll your eyes?

Thats coorporate comics.

Try Image or other independent stuff. You wont get that feeling there...

Is the knock against the current Spider-Man comics that Marvel's telling the same stories over and over again? I thought it was about execution, which means if you don't like the current stuff, someone else may do it in a way that is more to your liking.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I doubt there will ever be universal agreement about what works and what doesn't in these stories.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Have faith in the creative team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Have faith in the creative team?
    The creative team is good. Is just....I don't like the idea of Peter GOing back to Bugle. I didn't even remotely thought i would even say this 28 years ago. But now i'm 40 and I'm reading Spiderman(and marvel comic) since i was 12 and i think ....Is time for me to leave the table...for a bit at least

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneBelowAll View Post
    Welcome to the world of serialized fiction involving multi million franchises that exists since many decades.

Everyone gets to the point where he doesn't feel anymore the some satisfaction reading Spider Man, Batman, X-Men or Super Man.

These are characters that span multiple forms of entertainment, produced for consumers of a certain age, that to stay alive have to pass from generation to generation, so they can't never change too much otherwise their “formula” won't work anymore.

I started reading super hero comics when I was 5 years old, in 1985. 32 years later I still read some of the more fringe or (for me) innovative books (in the last years I loved Fraction's Hawkeye, Waid's Daredevil, Spencer's Superior Foes, King's Vision and that's probably it).

I outgrow super hero comics when i was 13 years old. With time I have started reading comics from Moore, Gaiman, Milligan, Peter Bagge, Jeff Smith, European comics, some from South America plus a lot of literary fiction, essays etc.

I didn't read super hero comics for many years, until I have discovered Ultimate Spider Man and appreciate it mostly for my nostalgia, how it handled relationships between teenagers and how well depicted them.

Then I have stopped again after 100 issues until I discovered Fraction's Hakweye.

I think it's quite normal evolving in tastes and extending the scope of the art we consume.
    Thank for the kind comment. It genuninelly help me. It dawned to me that i was starting reading most of big two comics mostly for habit than for true pleasure(not all I actually liked the parker industries arc, except toward the end, and Renew your vows is my ideal marvel AU and proff that you still could make spidey stories making him a dad...) as i said time to take a break...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is the knock against the current Spider-Man comics that Marvel's telling the same stories over and over again? I thought it was about execution, which means if you don't like the current stuff, someone else may do it in a way that is more to your liking.
    Even the best chef can run out of making palatable recipes out of potatoes, before the consumer start getting so bored that will eat only if there is anythign better or even just different

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I feel exactly the same way, but with the whole Marvel Universe. Every story is told a few times. Its just a repeat. That being said, i still read some Marvels. Asm, Spider-Man, Black Bolt, Royals, Gotg and Spider-Men II. But i see rarely something new.

How many times can you fight Doc Ock before it gets old? How many versions of this and that character will appear before you roll your eyes?

Thats coorporate comics.

Try Image or other independent stuff. You wont get that feeling there...
    Depend. But yeah the comic book dom is vast. I'm italian and I'm actually rekindling on Italian comics, including Nathan Never, Dylan Dog, and oddly enough Mickey Mouse Magazine(Topolino), expecially some classic bundles with stories from my childhood as well as Carl Barks and Don rosa and Floyd Gottfredson stories

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    The creative team is good. Is just....I don't like the idea of Peter GOing back to Bugle. I didn't even remotely thought i would even say this 28 years ago. But now i'm 40 and I'm reading Spiderman(and marvel comic) since i was 12 and i think ....Is time for me to leave the table...for a bit at least
    Has it been confirmed he's going back to the bugle or living back with Aunt May?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    There's some pretty cool stuff simmering in the Venom ongoing; Eddie Brock is really being fleshed out well, and the relationship between him and the symbiote is quite different from before.
    I have been thinking about picking up that Kraven two-issue battle.