Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm just the opposite. Outside of a few details Metal/Dark Matter is shaping up to be really dumb, so I hope its the story that has the least influence. I'm never sold on Johns' tales, but at the very least he doesn't try to pretend to be something he's not. Metal reeks of Snyder trying to (poorly) be Grant Morrison.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, I know it's quite personal, but I really hated Reborn, and therefore, I hope that DS won't go fixing what doesn't need to be fixed. If D.C. feels that Superman still need to be tinkered with, I've no problem, they can even give him back his cursed and ugly read underwear for all I care. But DS shouldn't impact Batman's corner of the DCU; nor Aquaman's.

Bear in mind the idea that Doomsday Clock is going to change more things is just fan speculation. Mostly from a contingent of post-Crisis fans who are not satisfied that their continuity wasn't reinstated wholesale even though they already got the lion's share of the meat. They've been pushing it as a foregone conclusion but nowhere, by any credible source, has any historical changes been confirmed, nor even hinted at as of yet for this story. It doesn't make it impossible, but its far from a guarantee.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Bear in mind the idea that Doomsday Clock is going to change more things is just fan speculation. Mostly from a contingent of post-Crisis fans who are not satisfied that their continuity wasn't reinstated wholesale even though they already got the lion's share of the meat. They've been pushing it as a foregone conclusion but nowhere, by any credible source, has any historical changes been confirmed, nor even hinted at as of yet for this story. It doesn't make it impossible, but its far from a guarantee.
    Only thing really to "get back" is kon-el,I think they did a pretty good job of squeezing a lot of post crisis into the Reborn timeline.

I hear the Kent's and the red shorts,but I don't see that happening,at least not all of it.

Bring back the human Superman kon

Yeah, I have to admit that I don't get that contingent. We (post-COIE fans) should be happy and consider ourselves lucky that we got as much as we did back - because it was a LOT. This is about the best amalgamation of versions (given the 15 year timeline restriction) that we could have hoped for. Only thing I would have kept in continuity is the two Supermen angle ala Superman Red/Blue, but I'm not even sure how that would have worked.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Incredible Member

I'm not too keen on Johns writting Superman. He didn't write a good Superman since what, Brainiac arc?

I count Brainiac as the last time he did anything decent with the character, yeah. That story wasn't perfect but my issues with it have nothing to do with Superman himself.

I suspect Conner'll be back before too long, I wouldn't give it more than 5, maybe 6 years at most. Probably not even that. But I think they'll use a brand new version, with zero baggage when they do. No squeezing him into the timeline and him being back like Flashpoint never happened. Less ginger Wally West and more Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-01-2017 at 11:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I suspect Connor'll be back before too long, I wouldn't give it more than 5, maybe 6 years at most. Probably not even that. But I think they'll use a brand new version, with zero baggage when they do. No squeezing him into the timeline and him being back like Flashpoint never happened. Less ginger Wally West and more Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain, if that makes sense.
    I don't want another new 52 kon hell no,but if we get another Smallville season 11 or Young Justice or (crazy to even imagine) a better version ,I could be ok with a new fresh one,BUT god damn reign of the Supermen brought me into comics,I want it to ALL count.sure maybe with some small tweaks, but the big brush strokes should be identical.

In a perfect world we would have kon in adventures of Superman,his original series,ravers,YJ,TT,adventure comics,and into his 2nd series based in Smallville,straight thru, and it all flows from one to the other like just a new chapter in the same characters story.crazy I know,we definitely can't do that,but that's what I want from a Rebirthed kon-el with ALL his history.give me tweaks to make EVERYTHING work together.

I don't think that's much to ask for,and DC I already know exactly how to do it, I could give you a rough draft,and all you need to do is get a good writer to make it sound good,and draw it awesome.

If they do completely reboot Conner again, then they would be best served doing the obvious: having him be the clone of Superman and another female, and play off the dramatics of that in his relationships with Lois and Jon.

I still would rather he just come back as is, and be just something that was "forgotten" for some reason, like the angle they seem to be going with for other properties like the JSA. But if they do want to reboot him clean then do something different that reflects the modern status quo, not the past one.

BANNED

If they do completely reboot Conner again, then they would be best served doing the obvious: having him be the clone of Superman and another female, and play off the dramatics of that in his relationships with Lois and Jon.

I still would rather he just come back as is, and be just something that was "forgotten" for some reason, like the angle they seem to be going with for other properties like the JSA. But if they do want to reboot him clean then do something different that reflects the modern status quo, not the past one.

I hope they don't give him ANOTHER origin,he has had to many as is.

Kesel,his creator,wrote him as a human clone changed in every conceivable way to mimic supermans appearrnace and his Kryptonian powers.

Keep the aura translation
    Keep the partial DNA scan

Add lex as the DNA donor

It's that simple,no need for 1 more try at it,that won't stick and only complicate him even more,which imo hurts his standing and chances of coming back.

Black zero was a beast,he had TTK and Kryptonian like powers(heat vision and super hearing),he didn't need to have Kryptonian blood running thru his veins to hold his own against multiple superboy's at once.

Cadmus creates him,lex is the donor,he is conner Kent,kon-el,and he likes black t-shirts with his own So shield.

Not hard,use everything from the past,just make it make sense together.

This way he is also unique again,and doesn't make him a problem for DC,who thinks he and Jon can't work at the same time.

Kon is trapped with Tim drake, everyone knows this.

Maybe Cassie too.

That's what shakes Superman, he has another son.

Its Mr Oz's identity that shakes Superman. Though, remembering Kon too would be nice. But I'm doubting it now after being so sure of it months ago. Conventional wisdom from the Robin side of things suggest heavily that there's more than enough room for Conner and Jon. For whatever reason though, DC seems to disagree as all happenings as of late suggest a longer termed absence of Kon than most ever anticipated.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-03-2017 at 11:18 AM.

I really wish he was around since rebirth. So many wasted angles they could have used, interacting with 'heroic' Lex Luthor, pass the torch to Jon (but still doing his own thing, of course), meeting Kenan, reacting to Tim's disappearance. damnit dc.

It would have been powerful having him interact with Lex while trying to do good, starting to trust him and even be proud of him, then have his heart broken when Lex turned evil again.

They seem to be going this direction for Superman, having Lex's upcoming heel turn devastating him because he was starting to buy in, but its a little forced considering how long they've been enemies (I don't buy Supermen ever fully trusting him considering the history), and would have been much more organic with Conner with him being younger, a little more naïve, and the added effect of being in a way Lex's son.