Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think he needs some kind of Agent 37 style reinvention, because he's not Dick, he just needs more then one lone Titans book where he's juggling screentime with other characters.
    I think he needs some sort of reinvention, i don't really see opportunity for him as Flash B.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think he needs some sort of reinvention, i don't really see opportunity for him as Flash B.

I see the DCU has huge and enough room for everyone,so I can see Wally and Barry,or Wally 2 with Bart,or Clark and Billy,or even yes even kon and Jon.

I think that, right now, it would be the dumbest idea for DC to take the mantle away from Barry (again) and make original Wally the main Flash. There's no reason whatsoever for them to pull such a stupid stunt when they've built up Barry in the comics; he has a TV show; and he'll also be in the movies. They would probably alienate a hell of a lot of people that weren't reading / didn't care about the character, what, six-or-seven years ago?

Now, when the show ends, and if the number of people who buy Barry's Flash comic book suddenly drops off to near-cancelation numbers, then, and only then, would it make sense to consider that as a long-term strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He could easily be a Flash B if DC would just let him.

Reinventing him would just be doing a disservice to the character in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think that, right now, it would be the dumbest idea for DC to take the mantle away from Barry (again) and make original Wally the main Flash. There's no reason whatsoever for them to pull such a stupid stunt when they've built up Barry in the comics; he has a TV show; and he'll also be in the movies. They would probably alienate a hell of a lot of people that weren't reading / didn't care about the character, what, six-or-seven years ago?

Now, when the show ends, and if the number of people who buy Barry's Flash comic book suddenly drops off to near-cancelation numbers, then, and only then, would it make sense to consider that as a long-term strategy.
    I know the title of this thread is if Wally will be the MAIN flash again, but I think most people would be happy just seeing him be A flash again. There is no reason that Wally could not have his own book where he is the flash of keystone city. Again there are so many good stories that could be told and explored. This would take nothing away from Barry.
    You have multiple GL books with multiple lanterns. You have multiple Batfamily books. There is zero reason why there only needs to be ONE Flash book.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He could easily be a Flash B if DC would just let him.

Reinventing him would just be doing a disservice to the character in my opinion.
    I don't think he needs to be reinvented but I do think he needs to have some kind of direction that makes him stand apart from Barry in a significant way. That was what came to my mind when SiegePerilous mentioned a Agent 37 change in direction.

In any case I would love to see both Barry and Wally as Flashes at the same time and I think, other than DC being against the idea of another Flash book, that it could work out. Personally, I like the idea of having Wally be the Flash of Keystone City (like FlashFreak suggests) while Barry takes care of Central City. There are two cities that Flash protects so it seems a no brainer to me. I also think its ridiculous that there can't be more Flash titles out there when Batman has all of the titles he does.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-31-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

No, No, No, No, No, No, No. Seriously guys. Wally was the main Flash for how many years now? I don't think it needs to happen again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    No, No, No, No, No, No, No. Seriously guys. Wally was the main Flash for how many years now? I don't think it needs to happen again.
    Person from 2008: "No, No, No, No, No, No, No. Seriously guys. Barry was the main Flash for how many years now? I don't think it needs to happen again. "

See, how that works both ways? (And you've accused me of being arrogant and putting down people's faves...)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Person from 2008: "No, No, No, No, No, No, No. Seriously guys. Barry was the main Flash for how many years now? I don't think it needs to happen again. "

See, how that works both ways? (And you've accused me of being arrogant and putting down people's faves...)
    How many years do Barry and Wally have on each other?

I'm genuinely curious.

How many years do Barry and Wally have on each other?

I'm genuinely curious.
    Barry was the Flash for 29 years before his death, Wally was for 23 years, now with his return, i guest that he has 37 in the mantle

I'd love a book dedicated to Wally involving the Multiverse and some major cosmic plots. Not having him untethered or anything, just where, due to his pre-rebirth weirdness, he's a bit more attuned (literally) to all the various worlds/hypertime/whatever and is following down mysteries, problems, etc. while also being able to come back to Earth-0/prime/whatever the main earth is now called and 'reground' with the Titans and hopefully Linda again in the future.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I sometimes feel that while DC could *easily* fix the Barry/Wally problem if it really wanted to, it chooses not to - not because it really favors one or the other, but because playing the fans of each of the two characters against each other creates the interest/notoriety that DC wants. Don't know if such a strategy would actually drive sales, though.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 08-31-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I sometimes feel that while DC could *easily* fix the Barry/Wally problem if it really wanted to, it chooses not to - not because it really favors one or the other, but because playing the fans of each of the two characters against each other creates the interest/notoriety that DC wants. Don't know if such a strategy would actually drive sales, though.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I really, really doubt that DC seeks to set one set of fans against another.

Far more likely is that prime decision makers of combined film, tv, merchandising, and comics honestly believe it's better in overall commercial interests to have a clear leading Flash.

I suspect choice of that Flash could easily have been Wally or Barry...and I can easily see that one or two key decision makers swayed "vote" Barry's way...but find it almost inconceivable that it was motivated by ill will towards Wally's fans.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see some fans arguing that Wally is being deliberately assailed with bad stories, etc. But where's the real evidence to prove that unlikely hypothesis? ("Wally is being written badly"....so are a ton of other DC characters!)

He was the Flash from 1956 to 1986.

Barry's had his chance twice. Why shouldn't Wally get the same treatment?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-31-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He was the Flash from 1956 to 1986.

Barry's had his chance twice. Why shouldn't Wally get the same treatment?
    I suspect nobody would want Wally to be completely unused for 25 years!

But really wouldn't treating them in same way have meant Wally being replaced by Bart?

Must admit it almost baffles me why anybody would really care if main Flash is Jay, Wally, Barry, Bart, or John Doe. I just wish we got more well written stories.