Default Image comics that can be made into great tv shoes

Thye can be either live or animated show, which comics would you pick? For me Black Magick, Paper Girls, and Monstress. I don't know why but Paper Girls and Monstress could be either be animated or live action. I do think Black Magick is more live action

Deadly Class is a pretty easy one. Lazarus too. Southern Bastards.

Descender would be an awesome movie to watch.

And I'm pretty sure they're all in the works already too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Deadly Class is a pretty easy one. Lazarus too. Southern Bastards.

Descender would be an awesome movie to watch.

And I'm pretty sure they're all in the works already too lol.
    Southern Bastards was the first thing that came to my mind. Deadly Class and Lazarus would be excellent as well. I'd add Velvet.

Descender could make a terrific movie. It is a bit like East of West, Black Science, Low and Saga (all of which I'd love to see) though as it would take a big budget to do it justice.

I'd like to see a new animated Spawn series. Copperhead, Drifter, East of West and Spread for movies. Postal for a tv show.

I'd like to see them make Shirtless Bear Fighter.

I think Spread and Sheltered could be done pretty well as a TV show, as could Revival but there's a film for that in the works already. Actually Sheltered probably works better in a lean-mean 90 minutes movie now that I think about it, with the ending juuuuust a tad different!

Maybe if someone gets an obscenely high budget they could do Saga at some point, but I doubt many executives would be in a hurry to launch an R-rated sci-fi show with the budget of a tentpole movie. Feel like I recall Vaughan saying they don't want it to be adapted, actually, but I could be wrong there.

Maybe the Prophet relaunch could be done if they manage to emulate the tone of the last 2 Planet of the Apes movies. Oh and if it lasts long enough, Snotgirl should be a no-brainer! That would have mainstream appeal too.

Amazing Member

Yes, Sheltered for sure; also, Stray Bullets; so much they could do with those characters; they would just have to find a way to get their hooks in a little bit quicker than Lapham does.

Kill or be Killed would be awesome! Also fan of I Hate Fairyland, I'd like to see an animated show of it! Other than that I'd see Redneck, Paper Girls, Babyteeth and maybe Regression as good shows/movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    I'd like to see a new animated Spawn series. Copperhead, Drifter, East of West and Spread for movies. Postal for a tv show.
    Postal would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I'd like to see them make Shirtless Bear Fighter.
    Oh yeah, that would be awesome!

It is such a shame Revival is being adapted as a movie & not a TV Series.

There is no way you are going to get invested in the characters and have any emotional ties to them in 2 hour block.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Image comics that can be made into great tv shoes
    I think having specialized shoes just for watching TV might be a bit on the excessive side . . . but maybe that's just me.

^^^ I was going to say something along these lines too

The interesting thing, I think, is that using the medium of either film or TV could allow some Image titles that didn't really take off to be re-approached. basically anytime anyone ever said "I thought this would be great/it had a great premise, but somehow it just fell short." Trying to script these for tv or a movie would be a really interesting opportunity to try the stories from another angle. Then again, some titles just end up being stinkers and there's nothing to be done about 'em.