Default Is Brubaker's "Velvet" still ongoing?

There hasn't been an issue published since last summer, but its listed as "ongoing" everywhere I look. Was it ever officially cancelled?

It's basically ended. The 15th(?) issue was the last. But, Brubaker said it's possible it could come back at some point, sort of like what he and Sean Phillips do with Criminal. There is a deluxe hardcover of the entire series coming out within the next month.

On indefinite hiatus. Deluxe HC coming out March 29, iirc.

Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm missing Velvet, too.
    I enjoy Kill or Be Killed, but Velvet's the one I'm waiting for.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    On indefinite hiatus. Deluxe HC coming out March 29, iirc.

Thanks, I'd totally forgotten reading that. I hope when they do come back, they have most of the arc in the can. The gaps sapped some of the enjoyment out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
    Thanks, I'd totally forgotten reading that. I hope when they do come back, they have most of the arc in the can. The gaps sapped some of the enjoyment out for me.
    All three Velvet trades had already been released when I started reading American comics so no frustration due to hiatus here.

That said, I do understand the sentiment. The release date for the next issue of Black Monday Murders (Hickman/Coker) keeps getting pushed back.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I'm missing Velvet, too.
    I enjoy Kill or Be Killed, but Velvet's the one I'm waiting for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    All three Velvet trades had already been released when I started reading American comics so no frustration due to hiatus here.

That said, I do understand the sentiment. The release date for the next issue of Black Monday Murders (Hickman/Coker) keeps getting pushed back.
    Isn't it great coming into book late and gorging on 25-30 issues in rapid succession? Only thing that sucks is when you catch up and have to wait like everyone else.

I just picked up all 15 issues in the Comixology sale for 11 bucks. Gonna read it when I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks.

Just finished reading the Deluxe HC and I really liked the story. At the end of the book Brubaker says that he may come back with another story with Velvet Templeton, so we'll see. His ongoing series with Phillips ''Kill or be Killed'' is amazing. Can't wait for Vol. 3 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
    Isn't it great coming into book late and gorging on 25-30 issues in rapid succession? Only thing that sucks is when you catch up and have to wait like everyone else.
    Yep. I read some relatively long manga and it's awesome when there are hundreds of chapters already available when you jump in. I can't abide even the weekly wait so I'd let like 20-50 chapters pile up before marathon reading. I love discovering new series that are already completed.
    Currently Following:

Add me to the list of people who'd love to see another Velvet run.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Add me to the list of people who'd love to see another Velvet run.
    How about a TV show?

Paramount Network To Bring Image Comics Spy Series ‘Velvet’ To TV
    Currently Following: