All-New Member

Question Sam and Twitch books. Anybody remember?

I was looking to buy the some Sam and Twitch books. While looking on amazon I see

Sam and Twitch the complete collection books 1 and 2.

Sam And Twitch: The Brian Michael Bendis Collection Volume 1 and 2

Sam and Twitch, Book 1: Udaku

Does anybody know the differences between them?

I have the "Complete Collection" - two beautiful oversized hardcovers. I suspect the "Brian Michael Bendis" collections are actually the Complete Collections. Regardless, "Complete" has all the Bendis stuff.

Udaku was the first storyline. I know that Volume one of "Complete" includes more than just that first storyline.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I have the "Complete Collection" - two beautiful oversized hardcovers. I suspect the "Brian Michael Bendis" collections are actually the Complete Collections. Regardless, "Complete" has all the Bendis stuff.

Udaku was the first storyline. I know that Volume one of "Complete" includes more than just that first storyline.
    So Udaku has the same thing as book 1?

Should I just order book 1 and 2?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Check it out dude they're both by Brian Michael Bendis. There's book 1 and 2, then something else called volume 1 and 2.

Here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...20and%20twitch

The Brian Michael Bendis Collection Volume 1 & 2 contains only the first 19 issues that have written by B.M. Bendis.

Sam and Twitch: The Complete Collection Book 1 & 2 includes all 26 issues of the first series from 1999 (book 1 #1-13, book 2 #14-26). The writer of issues #20-26 is Todd McFarlane.

"Udaku" is the title of the first 8-part story (#1-8) so I guess it contains these 8 issues.

What to buy? The McFarlane 6-part story is not as good as those written by Bendis. It's up to you if you want to have the whole series at your collection, or just Bendis' -which are really well written! Personally I chose the two HCs.

Hope I helped.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhtown View Post
    I was looking to buy the some Sam and Twitch books. While looking on amazon I see

Sam and Twitch the complete collection books 1 and 2.

Sam And Twitch: The Brian Michael Bendis Collection Volume 1 and 2

Sam and Twitch, Book 1: Udaku

Does anybody know the differences between them?
    It's crazy that I just saw this thread, and was earlier going thru my collection, looking to read some great Sam and Twitch. I'm a hugr fan ...

There are other books out, besides the ones you mentioned. What started it for me was their first little storyline in "Curse of the Spawn". A trade paperback was released, called "Suture". Loved it. By Alan McElroy and beautiful Dwayne Turner artwork. Check out comixology also for it. They had a couple of storylines in CotS, even after an "Angela" story ...

The overaized hardcovers are totally worth the buy if you are a true fan. "Udaku", the first story is great. Bendis shines.

I just purchased "The Writer" via comixology earlier. Will be reading it on the train on my way to Coney Island