Default Supergirl Annual #1

The issue didn't need to be an annual. It started in a regular issue and will apparently finish in a regular issue in two weeks.

The art is so disappointing compared to the start of the series. Everyone looks fine but in the beginning Cat and Kara both looked like their tv counterparts.

If 13 is the final part of this story line it will be my last issue of the series. I'm spending way too much on comics at the moment.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

I found it weird that this was an annual. But I'm enjoying the book regardless.

Yeah an annual should either launch a new story line. Finish an existing one or be a stand a lone/collection of stand alones.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I still enjoyed the comic, and it made good use of the extra page space but it's very unusual for an annual. People picking this up on a whim will likely be confused.

I've always preferred annuals to be stand alone stories or even elseworlds stories.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I will say the artwork surprised me and not in a good way. It did have some good panels, but over all it was not so great. I looked at the cover to see who the artist was and then had to look at the credits page to be sure. Certainly not the level of work I associate with Steve Pugh!

I like the rogues gallery they're giving to supergirl, but i'm really getting tired of the" krypton this, krypton that" motivation of the villains. And i'm not sure i like this subplot about supergirl's powe

Astonishing Member

So I'm assuming the purple clothed woman on the cover was meant to be Selena? Odd given she doesn't look like that at all in the story. I've wondered for a bit as to whether it was meant to be her or not.

Love that the gynoid heroine Indigo is the Woman of Tomorrow. Where have I heard THAT before? :P

Though it is interesting. If the story's truthful Indigo really IS trying to be a hero rather than villainously hurt Supergirl. So I wonder if this is supposed to be the ACTUAL comics Indigo persona as opposed to her Brainiac 8 self? Or a close version anyway sicne the original Indigo was B8's creation rather than anyone else's messing with her.

Also interesting to see Empress be from Orando. From what I understand no Empress has been from there before except a quick one from a few years back in a Legion of Superheroes Annual in which the Eye left alone soon after.

This annual could be significant. After all, the introduction of the 30th Century/LSH is happening here. I think that the Legion will end up Supergirl centric again.

And I love that Selena is here.

I think the annual format was chosen so that they could add another issue to the run without changing the release schedule.