View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Grappler?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lascivious

0 0%
  • Letha

0 0%
  • Poundcakes

4 30.77%
  • Screaming Mimi/Songbird

8 61.54%
  • Auntie Freeze

0 0%
  • Battleaxe

0 0%
  • Gladiatrix

1 7.69%
  • Vavavoom

0 0%
  • Butterball

0 0%
  • Magilla

0 0%
  • Sushi

0 0%
  • Cowgirl

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    I only know the four originals from their initial appearance in Marvel Two-in-One.

From your poll, it seems clear that LOT more of them have since been introduced. Which comics can I look for to read more Grapplers stories? I assume probably one run or another on Thunderbolts?
    Most of the second-gen Grapplers were just in one issue of the Thing (#33). Who knows what happened to them after that.

Gladiatrix and Battleaxe are the only more recent Grapplers to have appeared more frequently.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    actually, I did a small amount of research/backissue shopping before posting. I wasn't able to find any evidence of her strength being augmented. a lot is said of them upgrading her vocal cords and her, eventually, burning them out. but not one word about her having enhanced strength; not as Mimi or Songbird. Titania taught her some wrestling moves. but that about it. can you point me to the right material?
    Melissa says on-panel to Mach-1 back in Thunderbolts v.1 #21 that she did not receive augmentation from the Power Broker like the other Grapplers (Letha, Titania, and Poundcakes, at that time). People constantly overlook this.

Also, as you say, she has never exhibited any sign of super strength in any of her other appearances, either. So between those two things, I still do not understand why some people assert that she was an augmentee.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Melissa says on-panel to Mach-1 back in Thunderbolts v.1 #21 that she did not receive augmentation from the Power Broker like the other Grapplers (Letha, Titania, and Poundcakes, at that time). People constantly overlook this.

Also, as you say, she has never exhibited any sign of super strength in any of her other appearances, either. So between those two things, I still do not understand why some people assert that she was an augmentee.
    thank you for confirming. I was beginning to think that I had missed something.

I've been catching up on the new Wasp title and... what the heck is going on with the Grapplers?

One of them comments in #2 that they've had to work out in the gym for their buff physiques and wrestling prowess ("We're not all She-Hulk"), but... they are literal superhumans who can lift cars 'n stuff. They might not be on She-Hulk's level of super-strength, but they sure have managed to hold their own against other superhumans like Captain Marvel, Quasar, the Thing, and Bill Foster.

And I'm still not over the fact that Letha has done a completely unwarranted turn to good. She's flat out evil as hell; she killed tons of innocent people in an attempt to get to Punisher when she was first revived. It's not as if she's just some lady wrestler who wanted to live a normal life. She seemed to enjoy it with her lover Lascivious (who is nowhere to be found here).

It's just mind-boggling that either the writer did literally zero research on the characters (they're a wikipedia click away) or didn't care and just wanted to redeem some D-List female villains.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Any signs that they want to reconnect with old teammate Screaming Mimi/Songbird?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Any signs that they want to reconnect with old teammate Screaming Mimi/Songbird?
    Songbird got left to die in the Arctic and hasn't been seen in over a year, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    They don't even acknowledge her. It's frustrating.