Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am REALLY curious to see how this plays out long term, especially with the current storyarc in Batgirl. I don't ship Dick and Helena, but I do enjoy the relationship in Grayson, so it's nice seeing it played out here.
    Dick seems to have alot of different relationships playing out all at once right now. I am a fan of Dick and Helena though, so id like to see more of it.

Good for Helena, but damn i feel for Shawn. Hard to compete with that kind of competition though.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-06-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Good for Helena, but damn i feel for Shawn. Hard to compete with that kind of competition though.
    Yes, I really felt for Shawn. As soon as I saw her heading for Dick's apartment and started reading her inner dialogue, I knew it wasn't going to end well.

That said, I do love Dick & Helena together, but even that is bitter sweet. Seeley's own comment that they're ships that pass in the night means it's unlikely we'll see them together in the Raptor storyline. Still, I really hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by WingGrayson; 09-06-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Mighty Member

Shawn dumped him. She has no rrom to go getting mad I say. I'm just glad that Helena is being treated respectfully. This was mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Shawn dumped him. She has no rrom to go getting mad I say. I'm just glad that Helena is being treated respectfully. This was mutual.
    ow she was "special" Dick should perform mourning or something.

Spectacular Member

I do prefer Shawn and Dick to others, but can't really be upset that he chose to move on. Its too bad that she came to her senses too late that he was good for her. I do like that character progression that Shawn has received, almost falling back into old habits, but remembering the person she strives to be and making those steps. Whether she and Dick get back together some day or not, I hope we will still see her for some time.

I think Shawn's dark turn is eminent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    I do prefer Shawn and Dick to others, but can't really be upset that he chose to move on. Its too bad that she came to her senses too late that he was good for her. I do like that character progression that Shawn has received, almost falling back into old habits, but remembering the person she strives to be and making those steps. Whether she and Dick get back together some day or not, I hope we will still see her for some time.
    That's a classic love triangle revolving door. Friends did it all the time with Ross and Rachel, them breaking up only for her to realise she loves him when he's found another woman.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Always loved Dick and Helena relationships, they will never be lovers to the fullest however the two of them will always sparkle when they're around.
    These last 3 issues remind me of Devin Grayson's mini Nightwing/Huntress, a mini i loved so much back in the 90's.
    Helena's costume was way better in the 90's though, i can't digest white inserts in the new one.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 09-07-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Good thing there was a lot of Tiger in this issue.

Helena and Dick works out well and Shawn grew as a character even if I don't like her (I just can't like blue hair).

Tiger should have been in this more, the Issue just reminded me that I need a Tiger/Nightwing/Huntress-mini. I would love to see them during the Raptor arc but it'll be too crowded with the Run-Offs in focus as well. It'll be interesting to see if this Issue will play into BoP.
    I feel a bit bad for Shawn but I just love Helena and Dick together. Though a love triangle does not really get me hyped.
    The ending, like so many before, felt anticlimatic, that's a shame.

I was really looking forward to this arc, but it was a bit of a mess. The focus was all over the place and I think it tried to do do too many things at once. Seeley tried to balance the Bludhaven stuff and all the Spyral stuff and it didn't flow really well, especially since he was working with one fewer issue than he originally planned. I found all the parts with the Run-offs uninteresting and those pages would have been used to try and flesh out the Sypral story more which might have helped, but I guess he needed to use Shawn to set up her seeing Dick and Helena together. Dick's personal life will always be his undoing it seems, lol.

The high points of the issue, and the arc in general, were when Helena and Dick were on panel together. This Helena is still very different to the pre-Flashpoint one but I do really like this version of her character, especially her relationship with Dick. They have a great dynamic. The two finally giving into their attraction was a long time coming and it does feel like Seeley is making up a bit for it not happening in the Grayson series. The panel with her reaching Dick's mind was really nice.

I'm not too high on Barbara and Starfire as love interests at the moment, so I'm interesting to see what happens with Helena. Although I don't think her and Dick will ever "date" each other I do like how she fits into his love life. Barbara is always going to be his main love interest in the Batman franchise, Starfire is going to be his main one in the Titans franchise, but I like how Helena fills that 3rd spot and allows his character to reach outside those two franchises some. She is a bit like his Black Cat, Elektra, or Catwoman more so than I would say Shawn is, even though she is more of a hero. She just challenges him in ways Barbara or Starfire can't.

Also I liked the twist with Minos and his demise questioning his existence. He is probably my favorite of Dick's "new" rogues and I'm sure he will be back in some form. The reveal that he was developed by Checkmate might lead into an arc with them, which I'd like to see. It might give Seeley an opportunity to make up for how the Spy Wars arc in Grayson got cut short because of Rebirth.
    Last edited by Badou; 09-09-2017 at 03:27 AM.