Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Returning to another idea for the return of Priscilla Lyons/Vagabond. Most of what I already said....comes back to Indianapolis and becomes a P.I. Instead of power or tech suit she is just he standard costumed athlete. She builds on her Scourge hand to hand combat training and is on par with people like Yelena Belova and Sinthea Shmidt. Black and red bird themed suit and with the name Redhawk and uses escrima sticks...yes...this is pretty much a rip off of Nightwing.
    As far as Nightwing rip-offs go, you could do a lot worse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

The Panther

Concept

Wakanda is meant to be a Paradise full of dreams but what know one knows is that for years Mutants have been exploited by Wakanda and abused. The King and Ruling Parliament knows nothing as they has been dealing with so many problems and is rumoured to be brainwashed to ignore this as has the whole blood line of the Royal family and those now controlling Wakanda. To make things worse they seem to take powers from those more deserving and giving them nothing.

But a wave of attacks has rocked Wakanda there have been reports of a woman dressed in a Black Panther suit has been seen at each site with the attacks happing where Mutants have been working and enslaved.

Just who is The Panther who is she and what else does she know? What Dark secrets will be unearthed, and which heroes are willing to face them and how much blood she will she spill as she seeks Justice in the Name of Wakanda’s mutants?

Personality
    The Panther is a kind person who does care for Wakanda’s Mutants, but she holds no love for those who have harmed Mutants.

Powers
    The Panther is a Expert hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, Genius-level intellect she is also a Mutant with stealth powers, she can also tap into various powers due to her worshiping the four gods of Wakanda, Bast the Panther Goddess, the monkey god Hanuman, Sekhmet the Lion Goddess and Sobek the Crocodile God.

Themes: Wakanda's Dark Side, Are Wakanda’s mutants ok after coming home after being exiled by Black Panther during Avengers vs X-Men,
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 11-29-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    The Panther

Concept

Wakanda is meant to be a Paradise full of dreams but what know one knows is that for years Mutants have been exploited by Wakanda and abused. The King and Ruling Parliament knows nothing as the has been dealing with so many problems and is rumoured to be brainwashed to ignore this as has the whole blood line of the Royal family and those now controlling Wakanda. To make things worse they seem to take powers from those more deserving and giving them nothing.

But a wave of attacks has rocked Wakanda there have been reports of a woman dressed in a Black Panther suit has been seen at each site with the attacks happing where Mutants have been working and enslaved.

Just who is The Panther who is she and what else does she know? What Dark secrets will be unearthed, and which heroes are willing to face them and how much blood she will she spill as she seeks Justice in the Name of Wakanda’s mutants?

Personality
    The Panther is a kind person who does care for Wakanda’s Mutants, but she holds no love for those who have harmed Mutants.

Powers
    The Panther is a Expert hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, Genius-level intellect she is also a Mutant with stealth powers, she can also tap into various powers due to her worshiping the four gods of Wakanda, Bast the Panther Goddess, the monkey god Hanuman, Sekhmet the Lion Goddess and Sobek the Crocodile God.

Themes: Wakanda's Dark Side, Are Wakanda’s mutants ok after coming home,
    Interesting... Wakandans have in some stories been weirdly snobbish in regards to Mutants. Then again they really aren't particularly welcoming to anyone they see as an outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    The Panther

Concept

Wakanda is meant to be a Paradise full of dreams but what know one knows is that for years Mutants have been exploited by Wakanda and abused. The King and Ruling Parliament knows nothing as they has been dealing with so many problems and is rumoured to be brainwashed to ignore this as has the whole blood line of the Royal family and those now controlling Wakanda. To make things worse they seem to take powers from those more deserving and giving them nothing.

Personality

Powers

Themes: Wakanda's Dark Side, Are Wakanda’s mutants ok after coming home,
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Interesting... Wakandans have in some stories been weirdly snobbish in regards to Mutants. Then again they really aren't particularly welcoming to anyone they see as an outsider.
    Interesting idea. Given the tensions between Wakanda and Krakoa as of late . . .

I was also contemplating a revamp of my own Black Panther 2099 idea from earlier. Specifically, instead of being blessed and empowered by Bast through the Heart-Shaped Herb, what if the future Black Panther was rejected by Bast? However, given that Wakanda still needs a champion and protector in light of globally dominant megacorporations like Alchemax and Stark-Fujikawa increasing their efforts to break through Wakanda's borders and seize its vibranium and (other) technological advances for themselves, the future Black Panther decides instead to undergo an alternative regimen of human enhancement cyber-surgery. This consists of muscle and nerve fibers infused and replaced with vibranium-woven nanofibers to drastically increase speed, strength, and agility, along with a Kimoyo BCI (brain-computer interface) to augment the future Panther's information-processing power and supplement cybernetically enhanced senses. Supplementing these enhancements is the future Black Panther's Kimoyo bracelet, to communicate with the Kimoyo A.I. and activate and regulate the functions of the future Panther Habit, now a light exoskeleton made to supplement stealth, agility, and maneuverability while still affording increased protection for its wearer. Of course, that still begs the question of whether even the technological might of Wakanda, as embodied by the new Black Panther, will be enough to curb the threat of Alchemax and Stark-Fujikawa. Can one Panther, no matter how well-equipped and augmented, take on an entire megacorp-dominated future dystopia? Time for the world to find out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Interesting idea. Given the tensions between Wakanda and Krakoa as of late . . .

I was also contemplating a revamp of my own Black Panther 2099 idea from earlier. Specifically, instead of being blessed and empowered by Bast through the Heart-Shaped Herb, what if the future Black Panther was rejected by Bast? However, given that Wakanda still needs a champion and protector in light of globally dominant megacorporations like Alchemax and Stark-Fujikawa increasing their efforts to break through Wakanda's borders and seize its vibranium and (other) technological advances for themselves, the future Black Panther decides instead to undergo an alternative regimen of human enhancement cyber-surgery. This consists of muscle and nerve fibers infused and replaced with vibranium-woven nanofibers to drastically increase speed, strength, and agility, along with a Kimoyo BCI (brain-computer interface) to augment the future Panther's information-processing power and supplement cybernetically enhanced senses. Supplementing these enhancements is the future Black Panther's Kimoyo bracelet, to communicate with the Kimoyo A.I. and activate and regulate the functions of the future Panther Habit, now a light exoskeleton made to supplement stealth, agility, and maneuverability while still affording increased protection for its wearer. Of course, that still begs the question of whether even the technological might of Wakanda, as embodied by the new Black Panther, will be enough to curb the threat of Alchemax and Stark-Fujikawa. Can one Panther, no matter how well-equipped and augmented, take on an entire megacorp-dominated future dystopia? Time for the world to find out.
    I really love that idea. Maybe T’Challa has died or somehow gone missing and his child has to take up the reins of defending Wakanda against a dystopian world. What do you think would be a good reason for Bast to reject the Black Panther? Was she offended by Wakanda’s reliance on technology or maybe she found new worshippers?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I really love that idea. Maybe T’Challa has died or somehow gone missing and his child has to take up the reins of defending Wakanda against a dystopian world. What do you think would be a good reason for Bast to reject the Black Panther? Was she offended by Wakanda’s reliance on technology or maybe she found new worshippers?
    It's 2099... T'Challa isn't immortal.

I do have to wonder what Apoccy and Selene are up to in 2099 though. both of them would merely be "a little older".

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Thanks. I'm glad you like my idea for a Black Panther 2099. Funny enough, Wakanda in 2099 is the closest thing to paradise on Earth thanks to further technological innovations that have undone decades of environmental and ecological damage within its borders, and those innovations are a huge part of why Alchemax and Stark-Fujikawa, among other megacorps, are trying to invade and loot Wakanda. As for a good reason for Bast to reject a Black Panther prospect, my working idea so far is that she sensed a great darkness within that prospect and her rejection was a means of denying that darkness even greater power that could lead to Wakanda's destruction. Of course, it's a catch-22 kind of situation, as Wakanda might well still be destroyed without a viable Black Panther to act as Wakanda's champion against the megacorps in the first place as with that champion being potentially corrupted, whether by some inner darkness or something else.

I do have to wonder what Apoccy and Selene are up to in 2099 though. both of them would merely be "a little older".
    Good question there. The original Marvel 2099 line never really addressed the immortal mutants, so there'd be plenty of room to expand on their fates in 2099.

A newly ascendant god Bast has come upon the knowledge of an old dark god that is planning to invade and convert the earth, decides that he will find and battle this God preemptively. He entrust the guarding of a portal to his realm to his holy city Wakanda, and more specifically The Order of the Panther. They are warrior monks trained and empowered by Bast himself, lead by his high priest T'Challa. He alone wears the brand of Panther on his chest which allows him to contain a larger portion of Bast might. The order is the claws, but he is the teeth of Bast. They defend their holy city and the rest of the world from natural and the supernatural!

What if he became immortal as a blessing from Bast as the most favored follower?

I'd change Bill Foster's powerset to Density Manipultion and make Thunderball of the Wrecking crew one of his rogues.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What if he became immortal as a blessing from Bast as the most favored follower?
    The Immortal Black Panther would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd change Bill Foster's powerset to Density Manipultion and make Thunderball of the Wrecking crew one of his rogues.
    Bill Foster vs. Thunderball would also be interesting.

I'd give Jane a life/death touch and name her "Eir" after the goddess of healing. She is sometimes a Valkryie so it could fit. .

In a reboot, I'd make her Bill Foster's mixed race daughter. Her brother Tom gets the density manipultion powers instead.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2021 at 02:21 PM.

I'd give Jane a life/death touch and name her "Eir" after the goddess of healing. She is sometimes a Valkryie so it could fit. .

In a reboot, I'd make her Bill Foster's mixed race daughter. Her brother Tom gets the density manipultion powers instead.
    Interesting idea there.

In a reboot, I'd get rid of the War Machine armor for Rhodes and give him Sonic manipulation powers instead.

I just never cared for the War Machine armor.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2021 at 09:18 PM.

In a reboot, I'd get rid of the War Machine armor for Rhodes and give him Sonic manipulation powers instead.

I just never cares for the War Machine armor.
    Hmm, could be interesting. Out of curiosity . . . I'd bring back the Eidolon Warwear, but with a better design. It'd at least make him more unique compared to "Iron Man, but with big guns."