Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Forget the muscle head, hero of Harlem with the heart of gold. I would love to see Cage Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Keep all the powers and abilities. Have the agency be the one that uncovers the corruption in Seagate and break it up. Instead of the typical antihero response after being discovered. Luke accepts an offer to use his powers as a trained, special SHIELD agent. Luke would go through extensive training of a superhuman field operative that will go up against organized crime bosses. Super powered, or not. Personality wise Luke would be a focused, intense agent that makes up what he lacks in natural tactical skill with highly intuitive observational prowess.
    I was gonna do something similar with Iron Fist. I'd just have him join SHIELD or SWORD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Hawkeye (Clint): No more, relatable every day man. Give him a new custome including a mask

give him back the Skycycle

and let him do some over the top super heroics again.
    Hear! Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was gonna do something similar with Iron Fist. I'd just have him join SHIELD or SWORD.
    Yo, I can see them being agents working on the same small team. I would tone down the comedic element of their friendship and make them competitive.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Thunderstrike. Not in power but in mentality. After his time with the Asgardians of The Galaxy and fighting in WoTR he has embraced a warrior mentality. Not like an boisterous Asgardian warrior but more of someone who accepts that while he does not particularly like fighting he is good at it and willing to do what needs doing when the time comes. Also have it that during WoTR he killed...even though they were Dark Elves, Angels, Frost Giants, etc...they were sentient beings and he sees it as no different than killing a human being in war...and he is willing to kill again if necessary.

All this at 16 years old.
    Forget the muscle head, hero of Harlem with the heart of gold. I would love to see Cage Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Keep all the powers and abilities. Have the agency be the one that uncovers the corruption in Seagate and break it up. Instead of the typical antihero response after being discovered. Luke accepts an offer to use his powers as a trained, special SHIELD agent. Luke would go through extensive training of a superhuman field operative that will go up against organized crime bosses. Super powered, or not. Personality wise Luke would be a focused, intense agent that makes up what he lacks in natural tactical skill with highly intuitive observational prowess.
    Those are both pretty solid revamps. Some good thought went into those, I can see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I never really saw Luke Cage as a muscle head...but I like this. Maybe they don't have him on any 'official' books and he is considered an escaped prisoner to give him some cred in the underworld.

This gives me an idea. SHIELD's relationship with the Xmen is weird... not all that complicated just weird. Since they usually just.. avoid them.

But.... some Mutants HAVE been recruited by SHIELD.... outside the Avengers Alliance game(in that game pretty much all the heroic Mutants get recruited). Soo... which relatively minor mutant characters would work? well... some of the lesser Acolytes, like Scanner or well... there were dozens in X-Statix. Being trained by peopel who actually CARED whether they died and wanted them to succeed would probably have helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This gives me an idea. SHIELD's relationship with the Xmen is weird... not all that complicated just weird. Since they usually just.. avoid them.

But.... some Mutants HAVE been recruited by SHIELD.... outside the Avengers Alliance game(in that game pretty much all the heroic Mutants get recruited). Soo... which relatively minor mutant characters would work? well... some of the lesser Acolytes, like Scanner or well... there were dozens in X-Statix. Being trained by peopel who actually CARED whether they died and wanted them to succeed would probably have helped a lot.
    Its funny you mentioned that. I always thought the mutant Shola Inkosi was born to be a mutant soldier/agent. He had former training in the use of his powers, and was more than willing to kill to protect others. I even like the way that on the surface he seemed like he would be a Cable clone, mutant fighter with TK. Shola used his in a very aggressive way that is perfect for a SHIELD agent needing to take out many combatants at once. If I could put a SHIELD wetworks team together it would consist of:

Luke Cage (revamped)
    Iron Fist (revamped)
    Shola Inkosi
    Shatterstar
    Cardiac (revamped) As former agent that was captured, tortured, and then rescued. In an effort to repair massive damage done to his body, he has had reconstructive surgery using Vibranium weave mesh formed into skin and tissue. He keeps the same powers and abilities. Even though he appears to have minimal damage on the outside, he feels like his remaining use is solely for missions.
    Last edited by dkrook; 08-16-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Its funny you mentioned that. I always thought the mutant Shola Inkosi was born to be a mutant soldier/agent. He had former training in the use of his powers, and was more than willing to kill to protect others. I even like the way that on the surface he seemed like he would be a Cable clone, mutant fighter with TK. Shola used his in a very aggressive way that is perfect for a SHIELD agent needing to take out many combatants at once. If I could put a SHIELD wetworks team together it would consist of:

Luke Cage (revamped)
    Iron Fist (revamped)
    Shola Inkosi
    Shatterstar
    Cardiac (revamped) As former agent that was captured, tortured, and then rescued. In an effort to repair massive damage done to his body, he has had reconstructive surgery using Vibranium weave mesh formed into skin and tissue. He keeps the same powers and abilities. Even though he appears to have minimal damage on the outside, he feels like his remaining use is solely for missions.
    Heh, the specific reason I mentioned Scanner was that her mutant powers were primarily used for finding people.

It's not fully explained HOW Sarah Ryall's powers worked.... ever. But we know she can see astral projections, distinguish between humans and mutants at a glance, and has a bioenergy attack that can cold-clock an astral projection.. doesn't seem to hurt as much when she hits someone's physical body though. Oh and she can make herself intangible and fly.

Luke Cage (revamped)
    Iron Fist (revamped)
    Shola Inkosi
    Shatterstar
    Your Cardiac revamp sounds pretty good. Would you still have him as a doctor in the past, and thus maybe function as the team's medical expert?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Your Cardiac revamp sounds pretty good. Would you still have him as a doctor in the past, and thus maybe function as the team's medical expert?
    Lol, I thought about it some. Let's say keep his origins to the extent that he was a med student that decided to go more into science and tech.

Lol, I thought about it some. Let's say keep his origins to the extent that he was a med student that decided to go more into science and tech.
    Sounds good to me.

Incredible Member

Guardians of the Galaxy 2099
    - Pretty much Leverage meets Firefly, with Star-Lord being a former member of SWORD and amalgamation of Nathan Ford & Malcolm Reynolds
    - team assembled from assorted groups & backgrounds; each seeking redemption following a change of heart
    - serve as pirates, thieves, con artist, etc. as the situation/job requires of them
    - theme: redemption

Star-Lord 2099
    - resident Mastermind and founder of the current iteration of the Guardians, would serve as both the series POV character and captain of the Starbrand
    - formerly of SWORD, we’d see Star-Lord use the skills they acquired throughout their career and knowledge of galactic law to assemble the Guardians & determine the target perimeters for the team
    - The inciting incident for Star-Lord would take the form of SWORD (and by extension Earth) allowing the genocide & extinction of an entire species to take place for the purpose of commandeering the planets resources, with it later coming out that SWORD actually orchestrated the event resulting in Star-Lord ending their association with the organization and forming the Guardians as an act of redemption

Darkhawk 2099
    - a Shi’ar Thief bonded to a member of the Klyntar, with the host being a former member of the Fraternity of Raptors given the organizations origins among the Shi’ar
    - pair adopted the moniker Darkhawk due to symbiote incorporating the avian features of its shi’ar host into its appearance to resemble something along the lines of a harpy eagle, with the Fraternity’s historical records providing the necessary inspiration for them to take up the name following their departure from the assassin’s guild

Guardians 2099
    - Outside of the archetypes for the team I’m still deciding on the roster for the most part, but as previously stated it would consist primarily of individuals from various backgrounds & groups looking for redemption from the actions of their own sordid past
    - Star-Lord would be the only resident human among the team, with the rest of the roster pulling from members of the various aliens introduced across the history of Marvel. Still deciding on the majority but I do like the idea of a Sakaaran on the roster filling the role of hitter.
    Last edited by Draegwolf; 08-19-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Guardians 2099
    - Outside of the archetypes for the team I’m still deciding on the roster for the most part, but as previously stated it would consist primarily of individuals from various backgrounds & groups looking for redemption from the actions of their own sordid past
    - Star-Lord would be the only resident human among the team, with the rest of the roster pulling from members of the various aliens introduced across the history of Marvel. Still deciding on the majority but I do like the idea of a Sakaaran on the roster filling the role of hitter.
    I love the idea of former 'bad-guy' aliens being on far-future good-guy teams, and no longer assumed to be monolithically two-dimensional baddies. So a future Guardians with a good Brood or good Badoon or good Chitauri or good Plodex from an entire faction of no-longer-bad-guys of that race could be fun, for a fresh take on those races.

(For that matter, a bad-guy faction composed of a former 'protagonist' race like the Shiar or Centauri could be another fun tweak.)

"Yes, yes, a thousand years ago our people were a scourge of the galaxy. Get over it. Where were your people a couple thousand years ago? Stuck on some backwater planet poking each other with pointy sticks over skin color differences my race can't even perceive, 'cause you humans all look alike to us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2099
    - Pretty much Leverage meets Firefly, with Star-Lord being a former member of SWORD and amalgamation of Nathan Ford & Malcolm Reynolds
    - team assembled from assorted groups & backgrounds; each seeking redemption following a change of heart
    - serve as pirates, thieves, con artist, etc. as the situation/job requires of them
    - theme: redemption

Star-Lord 2099
    - resident Mastermind and founder of the current iteration of the Guardians, would serve as both the series POV character and captain of the Starbrand
    - formerly of SWORD, we’d see Star-Lord use the skills they acquired throughout their career and knowledge of galactic law to assemble the Guardians & determine the target perimeters for the team
    - The inciting incident for Star-Lord would take the form of SWORD (and by extension Earth) allowing the genocide & extinction of an entire species to take place for the purpose of commandeering the planets resources, with it later coming out that SWORD actually orchestrated the event resulting in Star-Lord ending their association with the organization and forming the Guardians as an act of redemption

Darkhawk 2099
    - a Shi’ar Thief bonded to a member of the Klyntar, with the host being a former member of the Fraternity of Raptors given the organizations origins among the Shi’ar
    - pair adopted the moniker Darkhawk due to symbiote incorporating the avian features of its shi’ar host into its appearance to resemble something along the lines of a harpy eagle, with the Fraternity’s historical records providing the necessary inspiration for them to take up the name following their departure from the assassin’s guild

Guardians 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I love the idea of former 'bad-guy' aliens being on far-future good-guy teams, and no longer assumed to be monolithically two-dimensional baddies. So a future Guardians with a good Brood or good Badoon or good Chitauri or good Plodex from an entire faction of no-longer-bad-guys of that race could be fun, for a fresh take on those races.

(For that matter, a bad-guy faction composed of a former 'protagonist' race like the Shiar or Centauri could be another fun tweak.)

"Yes, yes, a thousand years ago our people were a scourge of the galaxy. Get over it. Where were your people a couple thousand years ago? Stuck on some backwater planet poking each other with pointy sticks over skin color differences my race can't even perceive, 'cause you humans all look alike to us?"
    That would be cool, and considering how (a lot of) the so-called "good guy" alien races aren't necessarily that "good," it would be a welcome twist to explore and develop. I mean, I soured on the Shi'ar after they signed off on exterminating the Grey family out of fear of another Phoenix host coming from that bloodline, for one example, even if they might claim those were simply "rogue elements." That said, the overall idea of going cosmic for Marvel 2099 is fairly sound, especially given the megacorporations dominating Earth in that period could very well try to expand their dominion from just Earth to as many galaxies as they could reach. Hell, that would be my idea for a Fantastic Four 2099 revamp.

Amazing Member

She-Hulk 2099
    Once Jennifer Davis was a Archaeologist who worked for the Museum of the Stars but was nearly killed by the megacorporations seeking the technology's and magics of the past. She is saved by a super soldier formula thus becoming the newest She-Hulk one not Powered by Gamma Energy's. She still works for the Museum of Earth fighting the super powered agents of the megacorporations using her skills to retrieve the most dangerous artefacts on the Earth before they are missed used.

Personality
    She is enjoys her job and loves her family she is also very concerned about them, She does love to party but does not go to extremes she has an active social life and has several healthy relationships. A good person and a good leader as she has lead many groups to find items that were deemed lost

Powers
    Thanks to her transformation she is very strong can with training reach high power levels if they appeared she could fight Thor, The Thing and a few others but not the Hulk her body is superhumanly durable and nearly impervious to force, pain, and disease: her skin can withstand extremes of temperature, as well as tremendous stresses and impacts without puncture wounds or lacerations. Her enhanced physiology renders her immune to all terrestrial diseases. She-Hulk also possesses a healing factor, which enabled her to completely recover, within minutes. Even before her transformation, Jennifer is a highly intelligent and athletic person skilled with weapons due to the dangers of her job she is also a well trained Archaeologist She is fluent in several languages human and other wise.

Themes: The Past coming back to haunt the Future, Family, What Happened to the Hero's of the Past.
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 08-24-2021 at 11:32 PM.