Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Not feeling it today. But I thought that I would delve into marvel horror.

Sleepwalker

The host is less important because there's a built in time limit. There's a very serious risk of being driven insane by being the Sleepwalker's portal. And it doesn't just choose good people as hosts. The name is a title, like "officer." It is tasked with chasing down escapees from its own dimension. And it occasionally feeds off the fear and negative energy that evil-doers give off. The escapees are only able to breach the mindscape during times of widespread turmoil (nuclear disasters, plagues, war). So a lot of these dream demons have had time to get comfortable and adapt to a new environment. My version of the Sleepwalker would be more horrific looking, like a rotting alien corpse adorned in something inbetween sewage soaked rags and cobwebs. It would still have the eyebeams but could also subtly alter reality in the immediate surroundings to be creepier like making the walls bleed or creating realistic hallucinations/nightmares. And it would take great pride in its work, like a very by the book police officer. Some of the individuals it hunts are humans who have been sold dreams by one of the escapees. They might literally be living in luxury when Sleepy shows up to collect. His "boss" btw is Nightmare. But he is basically outsourcing the work.

Marvel UK

Just doing this to refresh myself. I'm leaving the Braddock family and Captain Britain Corps alone. I don't really get sir James Braddock's role. A lot of my changes will be cosmetic and focused on adding structure to Otherworld.

Merlin and his daughter still walk around in robes and mimic the Clash of the Titans god council. But they would often employ a glamour when there are visitors to Otherworld or they visit earthrealm. And that would put them in fancy business attire and make their castle look like a multi-level police station with endless corridors. That's more for their amusement than anything else.

Gloriana
    . forget the mutancy because I am establishing that it's extremely rare in that region because of the free flowing mystical energies- they interfere with x-gene expression- yet Britain has more than their fair share of psi sensitives and magically altered beings dubbed "Warpies" by Alistaire Stewart
    . Meggan, like many of the fae changelings, is a deep cover spy for Otherworld
    . She's how they keep tabs on Braddock since he proves to be one of the more rebellious captains
    . her powers won't change- all changelings shape-shift but her special trait is elemental control

Micromax
    . Oof, this guy
    . changing it so he's relatively handsome but wiry and equally insufferable personality wise prior to gaining powers
    . Initially his radio personality work is cover for his intelligence work
    . In lieu of promotion, Wright became the subject of the Dyna-mite experiment that altered Roger Aubrey.
    . Their intent was to shut him up but Scott Wright's DNA responded unexpectedly to the updated dyna-mite serum
    . He gained limited control over the dimensions of his body (growing, shrinking, making himself appear more muscular, distorting his features to be unrecognizable)
    . You can imagine what it did to his ego
    . He's loyal to his country but also a brown-noser with a pronounced sense of entitlement
    . He attended the same school as the Braddock twins but they wouldn't remember him

Kylun
    . I have finally learned to accept this character
    . He's one of the rare British mutants and his relatively minor power kicks this adventure off
    . He unwittingly imitates the distress call of a wounded warwolf.
    . A pack of them arrived on Earth to hunt a space princess (for lack of a better description), Attack the Block-style
    . With youthful ingenuity and a bit of luck he's able to help the princess elude capture
    . Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe style, he is taken back to her realm to be rewarded
    . Ceremonies are interrupted by another attack leading to a big adventure
    . He's a kid and hesitant to keep at this but feels honor bound
    . She lets him know that not much time will have passed back on Earth
    . At some point he is mortally wounded
    . He's saved by magic and is physically transformed into a catlike warrior
    . He returns home to tell the parents and shenanigans
    . He's British Shazam decades before Anachronism comes around
    . I figure that this area of the MU is significantly more tolerant of mutants than their American counterparts
    . There are few of them so they are just treated as local characters
    . I might split the difference and have his return gradually alter him so that he's still catlike but more teenaged shaped so sitting in a desk isn't uncomfortable
    . He's kind of teen wolf when you think about it

That's it for now. I have to figure out Motormouth and that weird cyber redhead.

Spectacular Member

I feel like Invisible Woman could use a revamp. Her character most of the time relies too much on Mr Fantastic. Also, she’s always portrayed to be weak in the comics but I feel like her power is the most powerful in the team. All she has to do is make a bubble around someone’s head and they’ll stop breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    I feel like Invisible Woman could use a revamp. Her character most of the time relies too much on Mr Fantastic. Also, she’s always portrayed to be weak in the comics but I feel like her power is the most powerful in the team. All she has to do is make a bubble around someone’s head and they’ll stop breathing.
    ...when did you stop reading? Sue is unequivocally treated as the most powerful member. She uses the bubble trick routinely.

Incredible Member

Night Thrasher
    I see two potential avenues that could be taken to help Night Thrasher shake off the stigma of the Stamford incident and become a relevant character again, both of which I’ve mentioned before in previous threads.

For a more grounded and modern take of the character I would love to see Dwayne featured in a solo series focusing on him working out Baltimore and trying to pick up the pieces of his shattered life. His team, company, and resources gone. Would be cool to see how he would adapt to his new environment without the backing of the friends and money he originally had during his run with the New Warriors. Might be interesting to see him become more of a hacktivist considering his skill set, with the series expanding on him making use of his talents as a weapon designer and computer literacy. Transition him away from some of the more 90's tropes Marvel has bogged him down in and shift him towards more of a Watch_Dog's 2 vibe.

Alternatively if Marvel isn't going to use Night Thrasher in an urban, cyberpunk setting then why not just go on and make him the cosmic equivalent of Iron Man? Might be cool to see him placed in a (credible) situation that takes him off planet and see him adapt to being behind the technological curve even more-so than he would be on earth with characters like Tony and Peter. Marvel already has a habit of taking planetside characters like Venom (Flash), Kitty Pryde, Jack Flagg, Tony Stark, Scott Lang, Angela, etc. and transferring them into the cosmic scene with no real rhyme or reason, at least this way it could make for an interesting attempt to actually salvage a character for a change oppose to just needlessly shoehorning someone onto a team just to bolster ratings.
    Could work as either a solo series or part of a cosmic branch of the New Warriors, provided Marvel didn’t just roll him over into the Guardians like they do with everybody else.
    Would honestly rip off Silver Surfer and have Dwayne swap out his skateboard for something more along the lines of a hoverboard or “glider” to compensate for the fact that he’s in space, with it possibly stored in his armor until it’s deployed and maybe configuring into a shield among other things. Turning it into an omni-tool would keep it relevant at the very least.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Night Thrasher
    I see two potential avenues that could be taken to help Night Thrasher shake off the stigma of the Stamford incident and become a relevant character again, both of which I’ve mentioned before in previous threads.

For a more grounded and modern take of the character I would love to see Dwayne featured in a solo series focusing on him working out Baltimore and trying to pick up the pieces of his shattered life. His team, company, and resources gone. Would be cool to see how he would adapt to his new environment without the backing of the friends and money he originally had during his run with the New Warriors. Might be interesting to see him become more of a hacktivist considering his skill set, with the series expanding on him making use of his talents as a weapon designer and computer literacy. Transition him away from some of the more 90's tropes Marvel has bogged him down in and shift him towards more of a Watch_Dog's 2 vibe.

Alternatively if Marvel isn't going to use Night Thrasher in an urban, cyberpunk setting then why not just go on and make him the cosmic equivalent of Iron Man? Might be cool to see him placed in a (credible) situation that takes him off planet and see him adapt to being behind the technological curve even more-so than he would be on earth with characters like Tony and Peter. Marvel already has a habit of taking planetside characters like Venom (Flash), Kitty Pryde, Jack Flagg, Tony Stark, Scott Lang, Angela, etc. and transferring them into the cosmic scene with no real rhyme or reason, at least this way it could make for an interesting attempt to actually salvage a character for a change oppose to just needlessly shoehorning someone onto a team just to bolster ratings.
    Could work as either a solo series or part of a cosmic branch of the New Warriors, provided Marvel didn’t just roll him over into the Guardians like they do with everybody else.
    Would honestly rip off Silver Surfer and have Dwayne swap out his skateboard for something more along the lines of a hoverboard or “glider” to compensate for the fact that he’s in space, with it possibly stored in his armor until it’s deployed and maybe configuring into a shield among other things. Turning it into an omni-tool would keep it relevant at the very least.
    I like both of those, though the first more than the second, especially since real life is indeed approaching cyberpunk in terms of both technology and underlying sociopolitical conditions. However, I'm thinking even if you go with the first idea, you could still incorporate from the second idea that the board is an omni-tool that can be made into an add-on to his armor when he's not using it for transportation or defense. In that same vein, I do like the idea of invoking a Watch_Dogs 2 vibe with Night Thrasher.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

The Xmen could use a revamp. Some of the stories that haven't aged well and some.of characters that need to be combined with others so theres less redundancy.

Also revamp Scarlet Witch. Her MCU version is better and since we dont have Wonderman listed in the MCU just have it that her powers are a result ionic bombardment. The same should be the case in comics. The chaos magic thing is just played out to me as is most uses of magic in Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    The Xmen could use a revamp. Some of the stories that haven't aged well and some.of characters that need to be combined with others so theres less redundancy.

Also revamp Scarlet Witch. Her MCU version is better and since we dont have Wonderman listed in the MCU just have it that her powers are a result ionic bombardment. The same should be the case in comics. The chaos magic thing is just played out to me as is most uses of magic in Marvel.
    I can agree with you on the X-Men, particularly given the underlying issue that for all the claim to the X-Men as a metaphor for various persecuted and marginalized groups in real life, the comics and franchise as a whole largely center characters who, aside from their superpowered mutations, are almost all conventionally attractive, straight white people. In retrospect, that is definitely something that hasn't aged so well.

Incredible Member

Moon Knight 2099
    There are a few Ways I could handle this one.

First would be as a civilian acting as an unknowing member of the [Cult of Khonshu/Midnight Son’s] in which the persona of Moon Knight is a fabrication constructed by the [cult/program] for the purpose of pursing missions and acting in the interest of [church] without [civilian] knowing. Similar concept to Roberta Mendez (Captain America 2099), Tabitha would remain largely unaware of her alternate persona or activities while acting as Moon Knight. Khonshu would be an aspect of Tabby’s programming, with Moon Knight registering her handler as the god Khonshu as part of her cover to avoid tying hher back to the church/cult. The truth behind whether her being the original persona or simply a programmed identity would be left intentionally vague and play into the overall theme of identity.

Alternatively could follow the route of the initial premise for Moon Knight 2099 that appeared in the Manifest Destiny event, with Tabby being an inhuman working on behalf of the of the Royal Family. Series would center on her being sent to earth to further the interest of Attilan, with missions ranging from monitoring the state of earth and humanity to neutralizing potential threats to Attilan and hunting down rogue inhuman’s. A member of the Royal Family being taken hostage or suddenly disappearing could be the inciting incident to kick things off, taking on aspects of a cyberpunk neo-noir with a huge chunk of the series focusing on Moon Knight investigating the abduction/disappearance and tracking down the missing party.

Last option would be to remain with the final iteration of Moon Knight introduced in the last run of Spider-Man 2099, with Tabby serving as more of a supporting side character to Strange 2099.

Ultimate Member

Moon Knight 2099
    First would be as a civilian acting as an unknowing member of the [Cult of Khonshu/Midnight Son’s] in which the persona of Moon Knight is a fabrication constructed by the [cult/program] for the purpose of pursing missions and acting in the interest of [church] without [civilian] knowing. Similar concept to Roberta Mendez (Captain America 2099), Tabitha would remain largely unaware of her alternate persona or activities while acting as Moon Knight. Khonshu would be an aspect of Tabby’s programming, with Moon Knight registering her handler as the god Khonshu as part of her cover to avoid tying her back to the church/cult. The truth behind whether her being the original persona or simply a programmed identity would be left intentionally vague and play into the overall theme of identity.
    Oh wow, I have this visual of a shadow passing over her face, obscuring half, then all, then revealing the other half (evoking a waxing/full/waning moon imagery) as she shifts from one personality to the other. I like this idea, that the 'Moon Knight' is actually an implanted personality, and even more, the possibility that there might be multiple agents at any given time, with the majority undergoing training and preparation, but only one being 'active' at any given time, and when that one falls, the next one up is chosen to inherit the mantle, but, if everything really hits the fan, a half-dozen of them could be activated at once...

Moon Knight 2099
    There are a few Ways I could handle this one.

First would be as a civilian acting as an unknowing member of the [Cult of Khonshu/Midnight Son’s] in which the persona of Moon Knight is a fabrication constructed by the [cult/program] for the purpose of pursing missions and acting in the interest of [church] without [civilian] knowing. Similar concept to Roberta Mendez (Captain America 2099), Tabitha would remain largely unaware of her alternate persona or activities while acting as Moon Knight. Khonshu would be an aspect of Tabby’s programming, with Moon Knight registering her handler as the god Khonshu as part of her cover to avoid tying hher back to the church/cult. The truth behind whether her being the original persona or simply a programmed identity would be left intentionally vague and play into the overall theme of identity.

Alternatively could follow the route of the initial premise for Moon Knight 2099 that appeared in the Manifest Destiny event, with Tabby being an inhuman working on behalf of the of the Royal Family. Series would center on her being sent to earth to further the interest of Attilan, with missions ranging from monitoring the state of earth and humanity to neutralizing potential threats to Attilan and hunting down rogue inhuman’s. A member of the Royal Family being taken hostage or suddenly disappearing could be the inciting incident to kick things off, taking on aspects of a cyberpunk neo-noir with a huge chunk of the series focusing on Moon Knight investigating the abduction/disappearance and tracking down the missing party.

Last option would be to remain with the final iteration of Moon Knight introduced in the last run of Spider-Man 2099, with Tabby serving as more of a supporting side character to Strange 2099.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh wow, I have this visual of a shadow passing over her face, obscuring half, then all, then revealing the other half (evoking a waxing/full/waning moon imagery) as she shifts from one personality to the other. I like this idea, that the 'Moon Knight' is actually an implanted personality, and even more, the possibility that there might be multiple agents at any given time, with the majority undergoing training and preparation, but only one being 'active' at any given time, and when that one falls, the next one up is chosen to inherit the mantle, but, if everything really hits the fan, a half-dozen of them could be activated at once...
    I like those takes on Moon Knight 2099, especially the first one, and fleshing out her background and story would be something excellent to see.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Honestly, that's how you would get Black Spectre 2099

Honestly, that's how you would get Black Spectre 2099
    Black Spectre 2099? That sounds pretty good, too.

Extraordinary Member

Sleepwalker.

Use his crazy rogues gallery but with 21st century storytelling. Heck use 1980s storytelling with a Freddy Kruger version of cobweb.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sleepwalker.

Use his crazy rogues gallery but with 21st century storytelling. Heck use 1980s storytelling with a Freddy Kruger version of cobweb.
    Could invoke some Inception (Christopher Nolan's live-action movie)/Paprika (Satoshi Kon's anime movie) in how Sleepwalker moves through people's dreaming minds and how they happen to intersect with the Dreamscape from which Sleepwalker hails.