Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

I would've made EMH Iron Man the older version of Armored Adventures Iron Man. Both shows share producers and its a way to bring in Tony's complexity for a kids centered project.

Beyond that he's fine. I think he just needs more interesting villians. I liked the idea of him marrying Emma Frost so I'd explore that. It's a good ol fashioned political marriage.

Someone else pitched a better way to synthesize Tony's business man origins with his current status quo. So I'd follow their lead.

Someone pitched an Avengers in the 60s project on Syfywire so I'd have Tony fill the place of his father during WW2. It might push Tony to be in his 40s when Cap wakes up but I think it helps sell their dynamic. Tony is a lifelong friend of Steve but he changed while Steve was away.

I'm fine with Tony creating his own villians. It fits who he was before his origin. He stepped on a lot of people to get where he is.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-17-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would've made EMH Iron Man the older version of Armored Adventures Iron Man. Both shows share producers and its a way to bring in Tony's complexity for a kids centered project.

Beyond that he's fine. I think he just needs more interesting villians. I liked the idea of him marrying Emma Frost so I'd explore that. It's a good ol fashioned political marriage.

Someone else pitched a better way to synthesize Tony's business man origins with his current status quo. So I'd follow their lead.

Someone pitched an Avengers in the 60s project on Syfywire so I'd have Tony fill the place of his father during WW2. It might push Tony to be in his 40s when Cap wakes up but I think it helps sell their dynamic. Tony is a lifelong friend of Steve but he changed while Steve was away.

I'm fine with Tony creating his own villians. It fits who he was before his origin. He stepped on a lot of people to get where he is.
    Those all sound like good points and ideas. As for Tony needing more interesting villains, what did you think of the Armored Adventures revamps of his rogues' gallery?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those all sound like good points and ideas. As for Tony needing more interesting villains, what did you think of the Armored Adventures revamps of his rogues' gallery?
    I thought they were visually cool but I couldn't remember any one specific outside of Gene Khan. Whitney was Obadiah's daughter right?

Which was funny because I wanted Whitney from Agent Carter season 2 to be Tony's birth mom. I just thought Tony's mom being a former supervillainness was funny.

Astonishing Member

I think that "more interesting villains" is kinda vague when you consider characters like Doc Ock, Penguin, and Kraven are considered to be interesting.

I think it's just that they're attached to more popular characters.

I thought they were visually cool but I couldn't remember any one specific outside of Gene Khan. Whitney was Obadiah's daughter right?

Which was funny because I wanted Whitney from Agent Carter season 2 to be Tony's birth mom. I just thought Tony's mom being a former supervillainness was funny.
    Yeah, she was.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think that "more interesting villains" is kinda vague when you consider characters like Doc Ock, Penguin, and Kraven are considered to be interesting.

I think it's just that they're attached to more popular characters.
    Good point as well.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Default Sunspot

I would turn Sunspot roughly into superman or shazam power level character, and have him lead his own justice league.

They did some dabbling with this but never went full on with it. I'd go full on with it post krakoa. I know the narrative they have going on
    where its "Mutants or extinction" basically but some characters just... Its just like...

Its like this... So while he's been a victim of oppression I just remember him joining hackman's avengers and how excited he was to NOT do an X-men adventure.
    He's so rich and successful under the system as it exists krakoa would be just one more perpetual night party for a guy who grew up going to carnival in brazil.
    Seems hes the type to belong to both worlds and be interested in enjoying the best having the joy of the human worlds systems at his disposal. So I guess in some ways he'd
    be Luthor and Superman. His book would be about the exploration of his ever increasing powers, loyalty to self vs loyalty to any collective claiming you, and:
    With great power comes what? Responsibility? Opportunity? or Authority.
    He was raised by Gideon to think he was some kind of External mutant god (he still should be) only to find out he wasn't; so to remedy that we're going to give him the standard
    The older you get the slower you age, after some major event occurs. The first issue would be called:

The Fabian Strategy
    Which is 2 fold a reference to his outlook on the world and the fact that his powers started increasing after an incident on krakoa with Fabian Cortez being resurrected.
    Scene:

The close up of a hand, finger outstretched to point at the sun roughly sitting on the horizon of the Karman Line imitating Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam.
    Bottom of the hand the blue of the earths sky; the top the dark horizon of space.

"Sometimes I drift..."

Wider shot: Sunspot floating momentarily in human form with he sunlight coming up over half his skin.

"Sometimes I drift farther than I should, because I wonder how much I still need to breathe."
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 01-19-2022 at 05:11 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I would turn Sunspot roughly into superman or shazam power level character, and have him lead his own justice league.

They did some dabbling with this but never went full on with it. I'd go full on with it post krakoa. I know the narrative they have going on
    where its "Mutants or extinction" basically but some characters just... Its just like...

Its like this... So while he's been a victim of oppression I just remember him joining hackman's avengers and how excited he was to NOT do an X-men adventure.
    He's so rich and successful under the system as it exists krakoa would be just one more perpetual night party for a guy who grew up going to carnival in brazil.
    Seems hes the type to belong to both worlds and be interested in enjoying the best having the joy of the human worlds systems at his disposal. So I guess in some ways he'd
    be Luthor and Superman. His book would be about the exploration of his ever increasing powers, loyalty to self vs loyalty to any collective claiming you, and:
    With great power comes what? Responsibility? Opportunity? or Authority.
    He was raised by Gideon to think he was some kind of External mutant god (he still should be) only to find out he wasn't; so to remedy that we're going to give him the standard
    The older you get the slower you age, after some major event occurs. The first issue would be called:

The Fabian Strategy
    Which is 2 fold a reference to his outlook on the world and the fact that his powers started increasing after an incident on krakoa with Fabian Cortez being resurrected.
    Scene:

The close up of a hand, finger outstretched to point at the sun roughly sitting on the horizon of the Karman Line imitating Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam.
    Bottom of the hand the blue of the earths sky; the top the dark horizon of space.

"Sometimes I drift..."

Wider shot: Sunspot floating momentarily in human form with he sunlight coming up over half his skin.

"Sometimes I drift farther than I should, because I wonder how much I still need to breathe."
    Sounds like an interesting direction to go with Sunspot. I like your thoughts on him being a cross between Superman and a (more heroic) Lex Luthor.

Sounds like an interesting direction to go with Sunspot. I like your thoughts on him being a cross between Superman and a (more heroic) Lex Luthor.
    The Lex Luthor analogy is apt since... 'Berto is Hellfire. Yes, the power-elite group who include such people as Magneto, Sebastian Shaw, Mastermind, Selene, and Emma Frost. Yup... he's rich AND has ethically questionable associates!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The Lex Luthor analogy is apt since... 'Berto is Hellfire. Yes, the power-elite group who include such people as Magneto, Sebastian Shaw, Mastermind, Selene, and Emma Frost. Yup... he's rich AND has ethically questionable associates!
    Hmm, point.

Warpath gets a solo where he's a Golden Age Superman on an Apache reservation.

In an old issue of Hulk collected in Immortal Hulk, both he and his father were convinced Bruce was a mutant which I found ironic. I could see Brian trying to get Professor X to take Bruce but Professor has to let him down. Or maybe Bruce did attend Westchester or so Xavier could help him with his DiD? Maybe you could deal with imposter syndrome with Bruce wishing he can be a mutant so his suffering could make more sense. This would commulate with Joe Fix-it gate crashing one of their new galas.

Immortal Hulk is best Hulk so I'd just keep all of that setup.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-21-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Warpath gets a solo where he's a Golden Age Superman on an Apache reservation.

In an old issue of Hulk collected in Immortal Hulk, both he and his father were convinced Bruce was a mutant which I found ironic. I could see Brian trying to get Professor X to take Bruce but Professor has to let him down. Or maybe Bruce did attend Westchester or so Xavier could help him with his DiD? Maybe you could deal with imposter syndrome with Bruce wishing he can be a mutant so his suffering could make more sense. This would commulate with Joe Fix-it gate crashing one of their new galas.

Immortal Hulk is best Hulk so I'd just keep all of that setup.
    I like your Warpath setup. Would be interesting to read.

Extraordinary Member

John Walker: U.S. Agent: Not a major revamp...just some minor retcons to his Army history. John (and Lemar) were pretty much just portrayed and serving a couple years in peace time and not doing much of anything and getting out.

I would tweak that a little to have had them become Rangers and have them do several missions to get some serious combat experience. Then comes the final mission...the CIA sends them in to take out a high value target who turns out to be a 14 year old genius that he bad guys (drug cartel, foreign government, etc...) are using for their own ends. Instead of taking the shot and killing the kid they pull him out but the CIA orders a drone strike on their position nearly killing them. They have to fight their way out while protecting the kid and when they get back they have it out with the CIA case officer. John breaks his jaw and Lemar kicks him in the groin. when they are threatened with court martial they welcome it saying their testimony will be that the CIA tried to murder a kid being threatened by the enemy and then launched a drone strike on U.S. troops. The CIA and Army are in a bind in that they can't let that info get out and does not court martial them. Army Intelligence takes charge of the kid and keeps him away from the CIA and John and Lemar...who are close to the end of their enlistment...just leave the Army.

This then leads into what they did when first introduced in the Cap series.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    John Walker: U.S. Agent: Not a major revamp...just some minor retcons to his Army history. John (and Lemar) were pretty much just portrayed and serving a couple years in peace time and not doing much of anything and getting out.

I would tweak that a little to have had them become Rangers and have them do several missions to get some serious combat experience. Then comes the final mission...the CIA sends them in to take out a high value target who turns out to be a 14 year old genius that he bad guys (drug cartel, foreign government, etc...) are using for their own ends. Instead of taking the shot and killing the kid they pull him out but the CIA orders a drone strike on their position nearly killing them. They have to fight their way out while protecting the kid and when they get back they have it out with the CIA case officer. John breaks his jaw and Lemar kicks him in the groin. when they are threatened with court martial they welcome it saying their testimony will be that the CIA tried to murder a kid being threatened by the enemy and then launched a drone strike on U.S. troops. The CIA and Army are in a bind in that they can't let that info get out and does not court martial them. Army Intelligence takes charge of the kid and keeps him away from the CIA and John and Lemar...who are close to the end of their enlistment...just leave the Army.

This then leads into what they did when first introduced in the Cap series.
    That's a pretty good tweak there. I like it.

I'm not a big fan of Thor or Steve but I don't have a big fix for them. I do prefer their Ultimates incarnations but I seem to be a minority. So I would try to go for a middle ground between their canon selves and what the Ultimates were trying.

I think I just preffered Bucky, Sam and Loki to them.

There was a dropped storyline where Sersi had a thing for Steve. I'd bring that back and lean into it but maybe Bucky would be a better choice.

I wanna introduce other Variants of Steve. One of them should be Steve as a werewolf but not a supersoldier. Another is a sickly Steve working for the TVA.

I read a fanfic where Steve's serum gave him eternal youth as a side effect. Instead of encasing him as ice, he just lives a full life and that could be interesting to explore.

Him running for office or trying to live as a fireman could be fun.

I liked his dynamic with America in the Secret Warriors cartoon. I don't mind bringing that over.

I also wanted him to mentor one of the Morlock youth. I was thinking this guy or Spyke.

https://x-menevolution.fandom.com/wiki/Berzerker
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Mighty Member

I would like to revamp Cloak. Similar in the vain of Valiant's Shadowman while also taking the place of Immortal Hulk as the horror book of Marvel. Separate him from Dagger and expand on his darkforce abilities, he would primarily be dealing with the supernatural and interacting with those who walk in that world. Take him out of NYC for awhile and let him tackle supernatural threats around the country/world and going in hard on the horror elements. I would love to see a book like that.