Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Ongoing 'Scarlet Witch' Comic Series

SCARLET WITCH #1
    Written by STEVE ORLANDO
    Art by SARA PICHELLI
    Colors by MATT WILSON
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    On Sale 1/4/23

There is a door that appears only to those who need it most, who have no one else in the world to turn to. On the other side of this door is a mysterious witchcraft shop. Friend or foe, human or otherwise—if your need is great and your hope is gone, there you will meet the SCARLET WITCH! Wanda Maximoff is familiar with hitting rock bottom—and now that she’s finally found peace, she’s pledged all her power to help others who are languishing at their lowest. But when a woman falls through Wanda’s door with a terrifying story of a town gone mad, the Scarlet Witch will have to muster her wits and chaos magic to deal with an insidious threat!

“Since I first stepped into the House of Ideas, the Scarlet Witch has been with me—in fact, she was the star of my first Marvel work ever, kicking ass, weaving spells, and humbling Doom in DARKHOLD! So, there was no way I could pass up the chance to work on SCARLET WITCH,” Orlando said. “Wanda Maximoff has finally broken free of the shadows she's wrestled with for years. And now? Sara Pichelli, Russell Dauterman, and I are unveiling the next chapter of her powerful, improbable, magical life. When you have nowhere else to turn...you turn to the Scarlet Witch. And God help anyone who gets in her way.”

"You have been waiting Scarlet Witch solo return for so long!” Pichelli added. “Finally that time has come and I'm truly honored my art was chosen to make this happen. Can't wait for you to see the book."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...potential-2022

I know this is yesterday's news but I just thought it should have it's own thread.

Niffleheim

Interesting, I might just give this a look see simply because of Sara Pichelli
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm so happy Wanda finally has a series again! And drawn by Sara Pichelli of all artists .

I assume the Wanda thread must have like 20 new pages in celebration over this .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I assume the Wanda thread must have like 20 new pages in celebration over this .
    Weirdly enough it's only been like 4!

Good for Wanda!

May this be a very good book for her fans.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What a weirdly slow day for y'all .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Wanda is one of my favorite characters but I just don't like her as a solo act. Might pick it up to see who her background characters will be.

I wonder if Orlando is gonna bring in Man-Thing as well. Would love to see Jennifer Kale along for the ride. Personal fave.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm tempted to add this to my list. My hold file at the LCS has gotten low.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I like Wanda and I'm very glad she's getting her own ongoing, but it sounds more like a Dr Strange premise.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL, We only Just getting Started Wiccan, You Know Us!

Also, Thanks for Making this page in Getting the News Out beyond Wanda's Thread, it is heartwarming you did that for her, Thanks for that.

Now more fans can get in on the dicsussion & talk about it.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 09-16-2022 at 08:25 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Wanda is one of my favorite characters but I just don't like her as a solo act. Might pick it up to see who her background characters will be.
    I am happy to hear Wanda is one of your favorites Shooshoomanjoe & yea I am hoping while it does allot of personal soloing for her, we get some good supporting cast & not just cameos either, but they will be good too.

But yea, I agree while a solo was in Wanda circles the most desired book for her, she NEEDS to be on a team book to hopeful down the line. I am guessing that if sales are good, they might do that later, but Marvel should not just wait for that, having a more classic Avengers team with Wanda, She-Hulk, Janet Van Dyne & others would be golden & wanted by many fans.

So, I am with you on that as well to seeing Shooshoomanjoe.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I like Wanda and I'm very glad she's getting her own ongoing, but it sounds more like a Dr Strange premise.
    They did something similar with her last solo.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They did something similar with her last solo.
    Orlando gave a good opening page on what they are hoping to do with the Solo premise, but indeed when we start to dive into any book that has a magical center allot of times it feels like this is Strange territory.

I Trust however Orlando has the skills to a degree know this & know of ways to make it unique in a way not just in the Magical Realm Senses, but also Just for Wanda as a character herself & how uniquely she will be handling in this book unlike any other character unique to herself.

Also, a Hope is this book will be a volley to other adventurers & journeys not just Magical, but Avengers, X-Men & other stories that Wanda can adventure into those other worlds & characters to make the book unique & help grow Wanda & her place in the 616 Marvel Universe.