Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I would like to revamp Cloak. Similar in the vain of Valiant's Shadowman while also taking the place of Immortal Hulk as the horror book of Marvel. Separate him from Dagger and expand on his darkforce abilities, he would primarily be dealing with the supernatural and interacting with those who walk in that world. Take him out of NYC for awhile and let him tackle supernatural threats around the country/world and going in hard on the horror elements. I would love to see a book like that.
    You could use Voodoo as his mentor. Dagger should join the Avengers or move to Krakoa.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Thor or Steve but I don't have a big fix for them. I do prefer their Ultimates incarnations but I seem to be a minority. So I would try to go for a middle ground between their canon selves and what the Ultimates were trying.

I think I just preffered Bucky, Sam and Loki to them.

There was a dropped storyline where Sersi had a thing for Steve. I'd bring that back and lean into it but maybe Bucky would be a better choice.

I wanna introduce other Variants of Steve. One of them should be Steve as a werewolf but not a supersoldier. Another is a sickly Steve working for the TVA.

I read a fanfic where Steve's serum gave him eternal youth as a side effect. Instead of encasing him as ice, he just lives a full life and that could be interesting to explore.

Him running for office or trying to live as a fireman could be fun.

I liked his dynamic with America in the Secret Warriors cartoon. I don't mind bringing that over.

I also wanted him to mentor one of the Morlock youth. I was thinking this guy or Spyke.

https://x-menevolution.fandom.com/wiki/Berzerker
    I would like to revamp Cloak. Similar in the vain of Valiant's Shadowman while also taking the place of Immortal Hulk as the horror book of Marvel. Separate him from Dagger and expand on his darkforce abilities, he would primarily be dealing with the supernatural and interacting with those who walk in that world. Take him out of NYC for awhile and let him tackle supernatural threats around the country/world and going in hard on the horror elements. I would love to see a book like that.
    Could be interesting to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I read Yost's New Warriors recently and thought Sun Girl and Haechi were fun together.

Sun Girl works as a Riri stand-in. Apparently she has a lot of haters online. I ended up fighting with one on Quora. But Sun-girl is a future activist so I'd lean into that more.

I'd have Haechi travel with Thor. I prefer Thor traveling around and getting into scrapes. He works as an older Shonen Jump hero. So having him mentor a young hero could be fun. He's less Batman and more the 2nd Doctor from the 60s. Plus him traveling with a young Hulk stand-in could be fun.

Amulet and Pei should go to Strange Academy.

Thor's problem is how to deal with medieval fantasy genre. I felt Aaron had a good take in the first volume of God of Thunder.

I'm fine with him becoming King but I don't know if Cates is the right guy for the job.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-29-2022 at 08:39 AM.

The Cat-People that gave Tigra her powers turn out to be a lost Inhuman tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    In a reboot or adaptation, just make her a Nuhuman. She works as a constable for new Attilan. Ahura is her partner/mentor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    In a reboot or adaptation, just make her a Nuhuman. She works as a constable for new Attilan. Ahura is her partner/mentor.
    I don't know. I don't like it when there are too many cross series connections.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I don't know. I don't like it when there are too many cross series connections.
    It's not like the Cat people are big players. Making her a nuhuman is cleaner and you could build up her cop backstory.

I read Yost's New Warriors recently and thought Sun Girl and Haechi were fun together.

Sun Girl works as a Riri stand-in. Apparently she has a lot of haters online. I ended up fighting with one on Quora. But Sun-girl is a future activist so I'd lean into that more.

I'd have Haechi travel with Thor. I prefer Thor traveling around and getting into scrapes. He works as an older Shonen Jump hero. So having him mentor a young hero could be fun. He's less Batman and more the 2nd Doctor from the 60s. Plus him traveling with a young Hulk stand-in could be fun.

Amulet and Pei should go to Strange Academy.

Thor's problem is how to deal with medieval fantasy genre. I felt Aaron had a good take in the first volume of God of Thunder.

I'm fine with him becoming King but I don't know if Cates is the right guy for the job.
    Would agree with that, and I'd love to see Sun Girl come back at some point, too. She could join the Champions, or Nadia Pym-Van Dyne's G.I.R.L. organization.

I'm down for Mayor Luke Cage.

Joe Fix-it is my favorite Hulk personality. For the movies I'd have him be played by Philip Eitenger. He played a younger version of Mark Ruffalo's character in "I know this much is true". I don't mind making him a mutant and seperate from Bruce but than it becomes a ship of Theseus problem.

I don't mind Jessica Jones. I'd give her more of a past as teen superhero. She's a deconstruction of Peter to me so I'd lean into that more.

I thought of a story where she meets an alternate universe version of her brother. In his universe she died with their parents.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-30-2022 at 02:58 PM.

I'm down for Mayor Luke Cage.

Joe Fix-it is my favorite Hulk personality. For the movies I'd have him be played by Philip Eitenger. He played a younger version of Mark Ruffalo's character in "I know this much is true". I don't mind making him a mutant and seperate from Bruce but than it becomes a ship of Theseus problem.

I don't mind Jessica Jones. I'd give her more of a past as teen superhero. She's a deconstruction of Peter to me so I'd lean into that more.

I thought of a story where she meets an alternate universe version of her brother. In his universe she died with their parents.
    Mayor Luke Cage would be cool to see, though given how Devil's Reign seems to be heading, would he be supported by anyone other than his fellow superheroes, even with Fisk out of the way? As for Jessica Jones, funny enough, she did have a crush on Peter Parker when she went to the same high school as him, though they didn't get the chance to become friends due to circumstances pulling them out of each other's orbit. Meeting her brother from a world where he survived (and maybe gained the same powers) and she didn't . . . that would be some incredible dramatic potential.

Ultimate Member

Sun Girl is easily my favorite new character from that group, but Haechi is a close second (along with Water Snake). I feel like there was a lot of unexplored story potential with Sun Girl, such as her relationship with her supervillain dad, if any. (She and Janice Lincoln, the daughter of Tombstone, and an unapologetic villain like her dad, could be a fun study in contrasts, since Sun Girl has chosen to 'join the other side' and operate as a hero, bucking family tradition.)

I wanted to like Hummingbird, and do like the character and the visual, but her powers are just bleh, and seem to have nothing at all to do with the god Huitzilopochtili, 'the left-handed hummingbird' and god of battle. Empathy and flight? Weird... Huitzilopochtli seems more like an Ares sort of figure, with perhaps more of a focus on speed than raw strength (a little less Hercules, a little more Quicksilver?), and if those powers don't seem terrible original on a team with a Spider-dude, then focus her on some other god, like Camazotz (she can fly, see in darkness and summon clouds of darkforce 'bats'!) or Tezcatlipoca (she can teleport through reflective surfaces like water or mirrors, summon clouds of hot black volcanic smoke or turn into a black jaguar!) or something.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-30-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mayor Luke Cage would be cool to see, though given how Devil's Reign seems to be heading, would he be supported by anyone other than his fellow superheroes, even with Fisk out of the way? As for Jessica Jones, funny enough, she did have a crush on Peter Parker when she went to the same high school as him, though they didn't get the chance to become friends due to circumstances pulling them out of each other's orbit. Meeting her brother from a world where he survived (and maybe gained the same powers) and she didn't . . . that would be some incredible dramatic potential.
    Luke having to deal with political grandstanding could be fun. It wouldn't be a solo series if being a mayor was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sun Girl is easily my favorite new character from that group, but Haechi is a close second (along with Water Snake). I feel like there was a lot of unexplored story potential with Sun Girl, such as her relationship with her supervillain dad, if any. (She and Janice Lincoln, the daughter of Tombstone, and an unapologetic villain like her dad, could be a fun study in contrasts, since Sun Girl has chosen to 'join the other side' and operate as a hero, bucking family tradition.)

I wanted to like Hummingbird, and do like the character and the visual, but her powers are just bleh, and seem to have nothing at all to do with the god Huitzilopochtili, 'the left-handed hummingbird' and god of battle. Empathy and flight? Weird... Huitzilopochtli seems more like an Ares sort of figure, with perhaps more of a focus on speed than raw strength (a little less Hercules, a little more Quicksilver?), and if those powers don't seem terrible original on a team with a Spider-dude, then focus her on some other god, like Camazotz (she can fly, see in darkness and summon clouds of darkforce 'bats'!) or Tezcatlipoca (she can teleport through reflective surfaces like water or mirrors, summon clouds of hot black volcanic smoke or turn into a black jaguar!) or something.
    Those could be two cool new heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Good point about Sun Girl and a confrontation and/or (reluctant) team-up with Janice Lincoln/Beetle could be fun, too. As for Hummingbird/Aracely, aside from psychic empathy and being able to fly, she can occasionally hurl or become divine fire, given Huitzilopochtli is a sun god as well if I'm not mistaken, but that usually kicks in when Huitzilopochtli takes over. Pretty sad, though, that it seems like we're not going to get any real resolution on her story.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I once suggested something very similar to this not too terribly long ago. I wanted Cloak *Divorced* from dagger for a while now allowing him to become a rather mystical super being. An alternate to the Sorcerer Supreme if you will and suggested he would have on of those necromantic helmets from the black priest or an eye of agamoto level artifact at his disposal or all kinds of Magical weapons that he's been curating over the years in his pocket dimension.

He still has the powers and body of D'Spayre IIRC so he's really superstrong etc etc.

But the net effect of simply allowing him to live away and independent from "Daggers light" even if its for a while would allow him to subvert their situation for a long while. This guys lived a SUPER dependency based life with her since he was a
    teenager, living on the streets, not finishing school... and all the while he has access to a incredible "Limbo" filled with mansions and mirrors our own. At the very least he can use an item that lets him communicate telepathically, and address his issue with stuttering.

and in head cannon... somewhere lurking in my mind... has been the idea that the hunger and cold of that area that he feels and leeches other so much and while yes thet realm is hungry but also that there is something or things powerful, terribly and hungry imprisoned out there. So that can be explored as well.

He really is one of the best characters that has in incredible amount of growth that could be achieved via revamp.

Just saying you're not nearly alone in your desire for that revamp. Like. At all.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    (clipped for brevity)

He really is one of the best characters that has in incredible amount of growth that could be achieved via revamp.

Just saying you're not nearly alone in your desire for that revamp. Like. At all.
    I also like how all this sounds. I'd take it a step further by making Dagger an active and willing participant in his independence, since their status quo is probably a burden to them both anyway... they could have some epiphany that Dagger can enter his "limbo" and expend her energies more efficiently, to feed those mysterious "hungers" in a more satisfying way. give them closure, with a warning to Cloak that these unseen "hungers" will eventually need to be "fed" again... that way, it gives him a new "mission" of seeking guidance from others and/or objects that will be capable of doing that same "job" for him in the future. no need to even remove Dagger from his life completely, just take away the co-dependence factor and let them both grow as their own people.