Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Marie Vasquez - A teacher at Avengers Academy.

All-New Member

I'd like to see Sharon Carter step away from her role as Steve's pillar of stability/mission control. Have her be diagnosed with Alzheimer, and knowing what happens to those with the disease, she decides to throw stability to the wind and go out fighting. She targets Steve's usual rogues and tries to take them down with whatever means, even ones she'd never consider.

Stuff happens, and she is rejuvenated and looking like she'll be held accountable. Her relationship with Steve is strained, and ultimately, she does leaves and goes underground not unlike her former mentor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IvanSkavisnky View Post
    I'd like to see Sharon Carter step away from her role as Steve's pillar of stability/mission control. Have her be diagnosed with Alzheimer, and knowing what happens to those with the disease, she decides to throw stability to the wind and go out fighting. She targets Steve's usual rogues and tries to take them down with whatever means, even ones she'd never consider.

Stuff happens, and she is rejuvenated and looking like she'll be held accountable. Her relationship with Steve is strained, and ultimately, she does leaves and goes underground not unlike her former mentor.
    Selene can take life force...can she give it back??

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marie Vasquez - A teacher at Avengers Academy.
    Hmm, Maria Vasquez teaching at Avengers Academy could be interesting to see. She does have a science background, as far as I'm able to recall right now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, Maria Vasquez teaching at Avengers Academy could be interesting to see. She does have a science background, as far as I'm able to recall right now.
    Appears so....

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maria...ez_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Bump...
    Quarantine has caused me to relook at the Revamp a Villain thread. Might as well spread the wealth with some do-gooders.

The Young Avengers

Iron Lad - I wouldn’t change anything about Nate. But I would have his recruitment drive take place across the timestream. The trigger is still Disassembled. But I want to eliminate some of the convenience of how the team was formed. They are all about the same age and ready to become superheroes right as the Avengers are decimated? No thanks. I think it makes more sense for Nate to use history records to find the heroes he needs as they become battle ready. Otherwise, he still has a short relationship with Cassie and probably doesn’t understand why. But it might have something to do with her mutation (which was suppressed by exposure to Pym particles) making her a chronal anchor.

Alter-Boy - “Teddy Altman” is still a kree/skrull hybrid. But he’s from a world where there was peace between the two races and very little intolerance. He’s a very laidback individual because of it and followed Nate out of a desire for adventure. His existence (if not the means of his arrival) is taken as an omen by the skrulls. Teddy won’t know how to handle being space-Jesus. His relationship with Billy is the same.

Wishcraft - Wilhelm “Billy” Maximoff is the son of the Scarlet Witch and the Victor von Doom of another reality; giving him the potential to be a high level sorcerer. But he and Tomas’ birth was magic assisted and eventually led to his mother losing her grip on reality and being mercy killed by his father (Who goes into self exile afterwards). He joins Nate out of a desire to escape. Billy is a very sensitive soul and very much interested in making a connection to others, including the 616 version of his mom. Like the name implies, he often utilizes his reality warping via a verbal “wish.”

Friction - “Tommy” is the same guy personality wise. But he wears his hair (dyed silver as a nod to his uncle) slicked back. His power would appear to be super speed but would be far more destructive and complex. He traveled with the others because he sees it as his responsibility to protect his brother and because his pedigree made it too easy to romance girls back in his own timeline.

I will leave it there for now. My laundry is done and it’s nice out. Next up...Eli, Kate, and Cassie

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Bump...
    Quarantine has caused me to relook at the Revamp a Villain thread. Might as well spread the wealth with some do-gooders.

The Young Avengers

Iron Lad - I wouldn’t change anything about Nate. But I would have his recruitment drive take place across the timestream. The trigger is still Disassembled. But I want to eliminate some of the convenience of how the team was formed. They are all about the same age and ready to become superheroes right as the Avengers are decimated? No thanks. I think it makes more sense for Nate to use history records to find the heroes he needs as they become battle ready. Otherwise, he still has a short relationship with Cassie and probably doesn’t understand why. But it might have something to do with her mutation (which was suppressed by exposure to Pym particles) making her a chronal anchor.

Alter-Boy - “Teddy Altman” is still a kree/skrull hybrid. But he’s from a world where there was peace between the two races and very little intolerance. He’s a very laidback individual because of it and followed Nate out of a desire for adventure. His existence (if not the means of his arrival) is taken as an omen by the skrulls. Teddy won’t know how to handle being space-Jesus. His relationship with Billy is the same.

Wishcraft - Wilhelm “Billy” Maximoff is the son of the Scarlet Witch and the Victor von Doom of another reality; giving him the potential to be a high level sorcerer. But he and Tomas’ birth was magic assisted and eventually led to his mother losing her grip on reality and being mercy killed by his father (Who goes into self exile afterwards). He joins Nate out of a desire to escape. Billy is a very sensitive soul and very much interested in making a connection to others, including the 616 version of his mom. Like the name implies, he often utilizes his reality warping via a verbal “wish.”

Friction - “Tommy” is the same guy personality wise. But he wears his hair (dyed silver as a nod to his uncle) slicked back. His power would appear to be super speed but would be far more destructive and complex. He traveled with the others because he sees it as his responsibility to protect his brother and because his pedigree made it too easy to romance girls back in his own timeline.

I will leave it there for now. My laundry is done and it’s nice out. Next up...Eli, Kate, and Cassie
    Sounds like an interesting take on the Young Avengers, kind of like the Avenging Exiles. I'm looking forward to how you'll revamp Eli, especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds like an interesting take on the Young Avengers, kind of like the Avenging Exiles. I'm looking forward to how you'll revamp Eli, especially.
    Part exiles. But I split the group up for a specific reason. The next three are from the present day/616 timeline.

Arch - Kate Bishop - still more or less the daughter of two seemingly normal if work obsessed individuals publishing magnate Derek Bishop and Eleanor, an accountant for, unbeknownst to Kate, the competition-obsessed Avengers villain (and Kate’s biological father) Imus Champion. Imus, acting as a family friend, paid for much of Kate’s early education in horseback riding, gymnastics, fencing, martial arts, archery, etc. and she took them quickly and with the same drive as Champion. Anyways, she learned that her parents were shady individuals when she was kidnapped for ransom by “business” rivals of her crime adjacent family. She managed to escape in her own to everyone’s surprise.

This disillusionment led to Kate becoming a masked vigilante in her off hours. It was her way of rebelling. Alternately she created a shallow rich girl persona and was a popular enough social media influencer/blogger that Cassie was aware of her. I want to emphasize her irreverence. She’s a hero by nature and always looking to help those who need it. But she’s also quite cynical because of her upbringing. She’s on a solo mission when she encounters Nate & the others. Once they lose Iron Lad, Cassie convinces her to hold the team together. And she’s charismatic enough to do it. She is using Clint’s bow; recovered from the mansion. And he does gift it to her because he admires her cockiness. But he keeps his name. And she’s good with that because, according to her, she’s going to be a legend and doesn’t want to do it with someone else’s name. I have a whole story involving Executioner but I’ll save it for the villain thread.

Patriot/Eli Bradley

I wanted there to be some similarities between he and Kate’s stories; even if they come from different environments. Both stories are about overcoming legacy. To get it out of the way, he’s not related to Isaiah Bradley. But he and several members of his family believe they are. His great grandfather did serve with Isaiah and consider him to be the real Captain America. He used the lie to inspire his descendants. Isaiah can barely communicate because of the damage done to his body. But, if he could, he would not break the illusion for Eli. So, already, Eli has a lot to live up to. He’s a high achiever and puts in the work you’d expect of someone wanting to be Captain America.

Iron Lad’s records indicate that someone with Eli’s name does something impactful in the future. He doesn’t even know if it is this Eli but uses half truths and a bogus replica of a Captain America shield to gain Eli’s help. Eli’s arc will involve discovering the truth of his lineage and finding the strength to be his own hero. He co-leads with Kate. Way down the line, he goes through terrigenesis. This forces a reunion of the team. If you’re curious, Eli’s inhuman ability is similar to Sebastian Shaw’s. The harder he’s hit, the stronger and faster he becomes (along with a mild glow that wanes to indicate energy loss). But his threshold isn’t as great and the increased physical ability dissipates quickly. I imagine that it hurts just the same as well. I don’t want it too be too easy for him. I threw out the Mister Hyde stuff and the blood transfusion specifically because if another hero’s revamp.

GiAnt-Girl

Cassie Lang - movie geek costumed hero enthusiast a bit spoiled mechanically gifted (but not smart in the exaggerated way that riri or Nadia are) - latent mutant- didn’t fully realize what it meant for her father to be Ant-Man until he died - he taught her pretty much everything he knew about cracking computer systems, hot wiring cars, breaking out of zip ties, etc. she feels streetwise but is actually refreshingly naive - she befriends Kate immediately and secretly idolizes her - I chose the name Giant-Girl because, out of all of them, she has the strongest claim of being a legacy hero - she realizes that her dad wasn’t a big name but still wants to honor him she’ll change her name after he returns from the dead - as mentioned her genetics led to her internalizing the Pym particles simply by being within the vicinity of her father - we never see her fully realized mutant ability because the particles altered it - but to spell it out, she would have been able to communicate with all of the Cassie Langs across dimensions- they are essentially a hive - it’s a scenario that exists for one of her future rogues. Kashmir Vennema (look her up) - my version of Cassie is still sickly as a child (a trait common to pre-mutants) but I opted to not saddle her with heart issues- they wisely avoided it in the movies - I don’t see her as a helpless victim- she often gets in over her head because she inherited her dad’s impulsiveness

Yeah, I like those takes, and I can see a possibly larger point in there about the younger generation of heroes being inspired by the older generation, yet developing on their own as heroes and not just imitating or emulating those same characters.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if this counts, but I would revamp 616 Miles Morales to be like the Miles from Into the Spider-Verse. The only change I would make is to replace the dead Peter from Miles' origin with one of Peter's clones.

Incredible Member

White Tiger (Hector Ayala)
    - become something of a cross between Black Panther & Iron Fist with some elements of Ghost Rider, serving as something more along the lines of the Spirit of the Hunt
    - shown to have been mysteriously resurrected and in possession of the Tiger Amulet sometime after its apparent destruction, with the revived Hector investigating the circumstances behind his resurrection
    - eventually be revealed to have been resurrected by Tiger God following destruction of Tiger Amulet, with it bonding with Hector in order to further anchor itself to the material world. Spiritual link between the two strengthening Hector while at the same time serving as a contingency against attempts to discard the Tiger God, necessitating Hector having to find ways to ensure the entity’s cooperation.
    - Hector shown to frequently converse with the Tiger God, with it grudgingly offering him insight while simultaneously furthering its own mysterious agenda
    - like Ava before him, Hector would be rejected by his (ex)-wife & various members of his family due to the events surrounding his death and unnatural resurrection
    - viewed with suspicion by sister and niece who actively work to separate Hector from the Tiger God

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Delroy Garrett jr.

*shakes head*

it's rare that I like a character and don't like their origin. but the current 3-D Man has a (imo) really unfortunate intro. know how to make people hate a character who is also a minority? have them constantly remind you that they are a minority by aggressively proclaiming the Avengers to be racist while wearing traditionally African colors, having the name 'Delroy,' and a 90s flat top haircut. then make sure that his powerset sounds like an amped up version of Captain America's but displays as a weaker version of Quicksilver, Spider-man, and any superstrong character's powers. oh and make him a disgraced athlete who used steroids. so not only is he an affirmative action case with a chip on his shoulder. he's also a cheater. well, this started as wanting to revamp him. but I actually kind of want to erase him. anyways...

my take. Odell Garrett jr. comes from a military family. his father had a grudge against superheroes and discouraged his son from idolizing them (even if Odell did secretly look up to guys like luke cage, falcon, etc). Odell's a talented high school athlete but enlists after graduating. he's injured badly while intelligence tasking. he has trouble readjusting to civilian life but does eventually compete in the paralympics. those triune aliens, posing as government scientists, promise to make Odell better; with his service as payment (as the new 3-D Man). they want him to infiltrate the Avengers to find and eliminate an alien infiltrator. this way, 3-D Man still enters the team with a great deal of distrust (and his father's prejudice against supertypes). the Triune aliens intend for the Avengers to be destroyed from within. and they tamper with 3-D Man's powers to make him suspect different Avengers of duplicity. Ultimately, Odell has to learn to listen to his own intuition and focus his powers. he would also have to learn to ask others for guidance; to fully exploit his abilities. he was chosen for a reason. 3-D Man's powers amplify what is already there. Odell was already perceptive, able to strategize/play 3-dimensional chess, and a natural actor/able to see the world through the eyes of others. I'd still give him character flaws. he'd be quick to judge and be super competitive. I barely remember the updated continuity for the original 3-D men. but that stuff should be able to mesh with this. my motive in making these changes was to decrease the importance of his skin color, remove the religious angle (it's a personal turn-off), and give him some qualifications (prior to enhancement) that weren't athleticism based.

maybe some toned down colors on the suit

Change the green to blue? I was so delighted when they changed him from that awful Triathalon to 3D Man! But then he was still never used.