Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 429
  1. #406
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    She-Hulk 2099
    Once Jennifer Davis was a Archaeologist who worked for the Museum of the Stars but was nearly killed by the megacorporations seeking the technology's and magics of the past. She is saved by a super soldier formula thus becoming the newest She-Hulk one not Powered by Gamma Energy's. She still works for the Museum of Earth fighting the super powered agents of the megacorporations using her skills to retrieve the most dangerous artefacts on the Earth before they are missed used.

    Personality
    She is enjoys her job and loves her family she is also very concerned about them, She does love to party but does not go to extremes she has an active social life and has several healthy relationships. A good person and a good leader as she has lead many groups to find items that were deemed lost

    Powers
    Thanks to her transformation she is very strong can with training reach high power levels if they appeared she could fight Thor, The Thing and a few others but not the Hulk her body is superhumanly durable and nearly impervious to force, pain, and disease: her skin can withstand extremes of temperature, as well as tremendous stresses and impacts without puncture wounds or lacerations. Her enhanced physiology renders her immune to all terrestrial diseases. She-Hulk also possesses a healing factor, which enabled her to completely recover, within minutes. Even before her transformation, Jennifer is a highly intelligent and athletic person skilled with weapons due to the dangers of her job she is also a well trained Archaeologist She is fluent in several languages human and other wise.

    Themes: The Past coming back to haunt the Future, Family, What Happened to the Hero's of the Past.
    An interesting take. I love how so far you're coming up with new 2099 characters as opposed to simply revamping preexisting 2099 characters. That said, your She-Hulk 2099 sounds like a great foil to John Eisenhart/Hulk 2099, and it'd be interesting to see them meet.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  2. #407
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default

    An interesting take. I love how so far you're coming up with new 2099 characters as opposed to simply revamping preexisting 2099 characters. That said, your She-Hulk 2099 sounds like a great foil to John Eisenhart/Hulk 2099, and it'd be interesting to see them meet.
    The idea is that the Green Door is known by both Hero's and Villain's as such no one will empower people with Gamma Energy for fear that they will free something that they can not stop. That's why the super soldier formula is used.

    Tatiana Maximoff Sorceress Supreme AKA Scarlet Witch of 2099

    Ok first a bit of history looking for new resources to exploit Earth’s Mega Corporations go after Magic, Mutants, Inhumans, Eternals, Deviants everting not human in response they leave Earth taking everything that they can. They set up shop on other planets far away from Earth safe from the power mad Mega Corporations Years pass and, on the New-Earth Magic is returning after years of misuse and being damaged.

    It starts with Tatiana using a bit of Magic when she is a child stopping a house from falling apart the Vishanti take note and decide to help teach the girl as the last known Scarlet Witch Wanda was poorly trained and when she had her break downs the Avengers did a poor job of helping her. Thus, Tatiana is taken to a therapist when needed to help keep her stable after a terrifying event. Thus, she has a better upbringing than Wanda. Since then, she is now the Sorceress Supreme defending the Universe from Dark Magic and those who wield it and those who see to exploit it.

    Personality
    Due to her uprising Tatiana is more stable than Wanda she is loved by her family, and she loves them. She is confident in who she is but not to the point of arrogance. She maintains several healthy relationships and will not marry an android.

    Powers
    As Well having the same powers as Wanda Tatiana is more well trained in their use and has the various tools of the Sorcerer and Sorceress Supremes of the past. She has also majored in technology degrees as a scientist since technology and magic is being combined. She is also skilled in hand-to-hand combat has shown proficiency with numerous magically conjured weapons including swords and axes.

    Story Themes
    Mental Health and getting help, the Evolution of Magic, Heritage, Family
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 08-27-2021 at 03:43 AM.

  3. #408
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    The idea is that the Green Door is known by both Hero's and Villain's as such no one will empower people with Gamma Energy for fear that they will free something that they can not stop. That's why the super soldier formula is used.

    Tatiana Maximoff Sorceress Supreme AKA Scarlet Witch of 2099

    Ok first a bit of history looking for new resources to exploit Earth’s Mega Corporations go after Magic, Mutants, Inhumans, Eternals, Deviants everting not human in response they leave Earth taking everything that they can. They set up shop on other planets far away from Earth safe from the power mad Mega Corporations Years pass and, on the New-Earth Magic is returning after years of misuse and being damaged.

    It starts with Tatiana using a bit of Magic when she is a child stopping a house from falling apart the Vishanti take note and decide to help teach the girl as the last known Scarlet Witch Wanda was poorly trained and when she had her break downs the Avengers did a poor job of helping her. Thus, Tatiana is taken to a therapist when needed to help keep her stable after a terrifying event. Thus, she has a better upbringing than Wanda. Since then, she is now the Sorceress Supreme defending the Universe from Dark Magic and those who wield it and those who see to exploit it.

    Personality
    Due to her uprising Tatiana is more stable than Wanda she is loved by her family, and she loves them. She is confident in who she is but not to the point of arrogance. She maintains several healthy relationships and will not marry an android.

    Powers
    As Well having the same powers as Wanda Tatiana is more well trained in their use and has the various tools of the Sorcerer and Sorceress Supremes of the past. She has also majored in technology degrees as a scientist since technology and magic is being combined. She is also skilled in hand-to-hand combat has shown proficiency with numerous magically conjured weapons including swords and axes.

    Story Themes
    Mental Health and getting help, the Evolution of Magic, Heritage, Family
    Sounds good to me. I always wondered how magic could or would still function in a futuristic/cyberpunk-style setting, and it seems like you'll be on your way to trying to answer that with your take on 2099's Sorceress Supreme. Looking forward to seeing how that goes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #409
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    THE YOUNG AVENGERS (hold on to your butts)

    my hatred of the concept is well known; if, for some strange reason, you follow my posts. i don't think that they were made with care. to give you my definition for "made-with-care," i would direct you to Lobdell's Generation X. he and Bachalo, from my perspective, created a team with no weak links. no one had a crappy name. everyone had an identifiable personality and their own little side story. or maybe I'm just nostalgic for the 90s. :shrugs: anyways...

    for starters, Bendis told me that killing Scott Lang would make Cassie important. i didn't see that payoff. so I'm going to give her a bigger role/make her a focal point. and, since she could potentially lead a future avengers team, this makes sense. the biggest change would be stealing the Next Avengers story/have the bulk of the team be from the future. future-kid-Kang senses a disturbance in the force. but, in this new story, the youthful Kang actually started out as an Avenger (sorta); their answer to Braniac 5. in their timeline, he, Eli, Billy, Teddy, and Kate are basically thrillseeking avengers-in-training. but they also live in a very peaceful/boring era. so they jumped on the chance to adventure in the past.

    so they show up and, behind the scenes, get the lay of the now disbanded-Avengers-run world. they run into Cassie when they visit the ruins of Avengers mansion. we learn that her father taught her a lot about security systems and bypassing locks. but, this time around, they don't immediately make her a member. she, for lack of a better term, stalks them. but it's to show that she's resourceful and determined. she becomes a rick jones-like figure; for a short time. she's also somewhat filling the role that Jessica Jones (curse you bendis) played in the original run; giving us an outsider's perspective on the team. along the way, they use some future device that reveals Cassie's DNA is perfect for the utilization of Pym particles. they all have a run with the Kang we're most used to seeing (who sees this youthful avenger Kang as a complete anomaly). during the altercation, Cassie has to use Pym particles to escape or something. she has an unexpected reaction to them and, from that point on, she's a size-changer. I'd prefer that she use a better name than 'Stature,' though.

    Patriot - the only surviving clone of Isaiah Bradley; one of a batch of replaceable sidekicks/buckies for a psychotic religious extremist Captain America. he was freed from a cryo-bath by the future Avengers and has taken the name 'Eli.'

    Trickshot - Kate Bishop - lost her parents to future Maggia violence - tested and selected from an orphanage (because of her preternatural aim and coordination) by a now-mostly-cyborg-Imus Champion to live a life of luxury; while also training to be a living weapon and to win at all costs

    Alter-Boy - Theodore Altman - a teen experimented on by the Nigh Evolutionary and rescued by the future avengers - his dna is currently a mix of kree, skrull, and deviant - alpha level shape-shifter (takes on the abilities of those he morphs into) - Billy's boyfriend

    Wishcraft - William Kaplan - apprentice/gopher to the Scarlet Sorceress Wanda Maximoff - she's more or less his surrogate mother in the future/aids him in coming to terms with his sexual identity and budding magic sensitivity - magic works differently in the past - so he's hit with a bit of a learning curve

    ManneQuinn - Kid Kang brings his "pet" artificial intelligence (known as visions in the future) to the present - it's given form when it uploads to Vision's inert husk - it and Kid Kang are, both, enamored with Cassie (she reminds Kang of his first crush Ravonna Watson)

    and i don't really have a good story for Kang just yet; at least name-wise. but he's very tech-savvy and, initially, wears the remains of Vision as an iron man-esque armor. when he's seemingly killed, his A.I friend gives life to the armor.

    Tommy Shepherd aka Friction does eventually show up as one of the Young Masters (they break him out of a secret supervillain detention center in their intro) - he and Kate have a black cat/spider-man thing going on - he's not Billy's twin in my take but the illegitimate son of Dave Cannon (kind of resembles the Fox version of Quicksilver) - the white hair is just one of those weird physical representations of mutation (like Lorna Dane's green hair)
    As a YA stan no offense meant but this kinda sucks.

  5. #410
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Midnight Son’s 2099

    Concept
    - [roster (7): Black Knight, Strange, Thor, Bloodstone, Scarlet Spider, Black Cat, Man-Thing]
    - [team form in the wake of [entity]’s seemingly imminent return, with them managing to prevent the event itself failing to contain the fallout resulting in a host of mystical creatures and cultist making their way into a world ill prepared for magical threats
    - [purpose: reform and protect the magical community]


    Scarlet Spider 2099
    - [powers derived from Anansi; think Loki w/ spider powers]
    - [theme: stories]


    Black Cat 2099
    - [basically Scarlet Witch but 100% magic]
    - [for the most part be more in line with Scarlet Witch than her actual namesake, with her being a practitioner of chaos magic though no where near to the level of Wanda in terms of power]
    - [would retain Felicia’s negative probability aura but would be played off more along the lines of a defensive spell designed for protection]
    - [easily portrayed as the first/last real witch to exist in 2099, with her actively seeking out people to form a coven and renew her dying culture/religion]
    - [partially responsible for attracting the attention of (Chthon/Shuma-Gorath/Knull/Mephisto/Dormammu) during her magical pursuits and inadvertently letting them discreetly manipulate her into allowing them access back to the world and enabling their influence to spread]


    Man-Thing
    - [represent body-horror]
    - [present as deformed Atlantean mutated corporate pollution dumped into the ocean, the result of exposing a mortal to some Lovecraftian entity, Hellraiser survivor, or an aberrant Deathlok liberated from its programming; quiet possibly leave the nature & identity of this character deliberately vague]
    - [theme: acceptance]

    Will probably come back and flesh this concept out a bit more, particularly Scarlet Spider and the overall concept.
    Last edited by Draegwolf; 09-11-2021 at 04:12 PM.

  6. #411
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Dennis Dunphy....this poor guy has had quite the run...couple of deaths and resurrections, loss of his super strength, and most recently turned into a vampire....

    So...cure him of vampirism by using the ionic ray treatment that was used on Simon Williams and Erik Josten. Give him superhuman strength in the 85-90 ton range with all the regular things that go along with it. Stamina, durability, etc...

  7. #412
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Midnight Son’s 2099

    Concept
    - [roster (7): Black Knight, Strange, Thor, Bloodstone, Scarlet Spider, Black Cat, Man-Thing]
    - [team form in the wake of [entity]’s seemingly imminent return, with them managing to prevent the event itself failing to contain the fallout resulting in a host of mystical creatures and cultist making their way into a world ill prepared for magical threats
    - [purpose: reform and protect the magical community]


    Scarlet Spider 2099
    - [powers derived from Anansi; think Loki w/ spider powers]
    - [theme: stories]


    Black Cat 2099
    - [basically Scarlet Witch but 100% magic]
    - [for the most part be more in line with Scarlet Witch than her actual namesake, with her being a practitioner of chaos magic though no where near to the level of Wanda in terms of power]
    - [would retain Felicia’s negative probability aura but would be played off more along the lines of a defensive spell designed for protection]
    - [easily portrayed as the first/last real witch to exist in 2099, with her actively seeking out people to form a coven and renew her dying culture/religion]
    - [partially responsible for attracting the attention of (Chthon/Shuma-Gorath/Knull/Mephisto/Dormammu) during her magical pursuits and inadvertently letting them discreetly manipulate her into allowing them access back to the world and enabling their influence to spread]


    Man-Thing
    - [represent body-horror]
    - [present as deformed Atlantean mutated corporate pollution dumped into the ocean, the result of exposing a mortal to some Lovecraftian entity, Hellraiser survivor, or an aberrant Deathlok liberated from its programming; quiet possibly leave the nature & identity of this character deliberately vague]
    - [theme: acceptance]

    Will probably come back and flesh this concept out a bit more, particularly Scarlet Spider and the overall concept.
    It's pretty good so far. Sorry for not commenting on it sooner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Dennis Dunphy....this poor guy has had quite the run...couple of deaths and resurrections, loss of his super strength, and most recently turned into a vampire....

    So...cure him of vampirism by using the ionic ray treatment that was used on Simon Williams and Erik Josten. Give him superhuman strength in the 85-90 ton range with all the regular things that go along with it. Stamina, durability, etc...
    Sounds good to me. Could dust him off for a real comeback along the way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #413
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    I really want Red Guardian/Alexei Shostakov to be specifically stated to have the Super Soldier Serum. I think an interesting story would be for RG and Captain America to have to work together and during a lull in all the action they share their experiences with their transformations by the serum.

    Alexei was a fighter pilot and test pilot so unlike Steve he was probably in exceptional shape...but even with that how did he feel getting the serum? Was it like being turned up to 11??

  9. #414
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really want Red Guardian/Alexei Shostakov to be specifically stated to have the Super Soldier Serum. I think an interesting story would be for RG and Captain America to have to work together and during a lull in all the action they share their experiences with their transformations by the serum.

    Alexei was a fighter pilot and test pilot so unlike Steve he was probably in exceptional shape...but even with that how did he feel getting the serum? Was it like being turned up to 11??
    That would be cool if that were the case.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #415
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Kill off Frank Castle and make Roger Aubrey young and the new Punisher. Gay. Doesn’t kill.
    Marvel corner box petition: please sign and share with your friends https://chng.it/yr5j2dvwzB

  11. #416
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Avengers 2099

    In the future setting of 2099, the megacorporations that literally dominate the world in that era --- Alchemax, Stark-Fujikawa, D-Mon-X, Roxxon-Bain --- have started noticing stirrings of rebellion against their dominance, inspired by a slate of anti-corporate costumed vigilantes patterning themselves after the bygone figures of the "Heroic Age," one standout example being Spider-Man. Of course, there's a relatively simple yet elegant solution to that problem, the megacorps believe, namely that if the public wants costumed heroes so badly, then they will get costumed heroes. Hence, the Avengers of 2099, created by Alchemax and its allies to distract and dazzle the public while also neutralizing the appeal of anti-corporate vigilantes like Spider-Man --- before more thoroughly neutralizing said vigilantes themselves.

    Captain America: Normally an executive assistant named Roberta "Bobbie" Mendez, she has been infused with an (allegedly) improved recreation of the Super-Soldier Serum that turned Steve Rogers into Captain America. Furthermore, she has been mentally programmed with a personality construct modeled as "the ultimate American patriot," designed to take over her body and mind when she hears the phrase, "Avengers Assemble," which also triggers a biochemical reaction that makes her Super-Soldier augmentations more apparent. Complementing her physical and mental alterations is a combat suit modeled after the original Captain America, as well as the shield created for Steve Rogers. Unbeknownst to Alchemax, however, they may well have succeeded a little too well in their recreation of Captain America.

    Iron Man: Stark-Fujikawa's contribution to the corporate alliance that created the Avengers 2099. This future Iron Man is a hyper-advanced armored humanoid drone piloted remotely by way of a VR (virtual reality)-based neural interface, the pilot's identity left unknown to everyone but Stark-Fujikawa's CEO Hikaru Fujikawa.

    Thor: Formerly a reverend of the Church of Thor named Cecil McAdam, he volunteered for Alchemax's experiment to recreate Thor himself, believing he would be transformed into the living incarnation of the Asgardian God of Thunder who had helped found the original Avengers so long ago. His belief came true, though at the cost of his former self, whose memories were wiped so that nothing from his past life would conflict with his new identity as Alchemax's Thor.

    Black Widow: Tania, a bioaugmented assassin who lives up (or down) to her namesake, having a particular penchant for seducing and then killing other killers . . . though what she does with their corpses is best left unsaid.

    Hawkeye: Max, a sharpshooter who more than lives up to his name, thanks to his vision being augmented to match a literal hawk's eyes, meaning he doesn't need a scope to operate a sniper rifle, though he prefers using a tech-enhanced bow and arrow for the challenge and the novelty.

    Vision: A woman cybernetically connected to the Vision surveillance network linked to every piece of digital and computer technology in the year 2099, used primarily to coordinate the Avengers' movements and missions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #417
    Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    101

    Default

    1. Stop trying to always make the Joker scary and serial killer like.

    2. Just undo One More Day and have Spider-Man get over the death of Gwen Stacy already.

    3. Use Toxin more and don't have Carnage and Venom be the only symbiotes getting most of the attention.

    4. Stop letting Jean Gray turn into the Pheonix already. I mean it is not that Hal Jordan is always going back and forward between being Paralax or member of the Green Lantern Corps.

    5. Have the Scorpion be more independent and do something else then trying to take revenge on the old Geeser in the Bugle.

  13. #418
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,818

    Default

    Tigra

    Greer Nelson is the daughter of a human father and a werecat mother. The werecats are creations of the earth goddess Gaia, who act as her agents and defenders of nature. They are gifted with immense strength, speed, agility, durability, stamina and regeneration. Some of them are also skilled in magic. Being a human-werecat hybrid, Greer is even more powerful than monoracial members of either race. She runs the Tigra detective agency, dealing with cases of a supernatural nature. She is helped by fellow werecat, Saree.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-28-2021 at 04:04 AM.

  14. #419
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    1. Stop trying to always make the Joker scary and serial killer like.

    2. Just undo One More Day and have Spider-Man get over the death of Gwen Stacy already.

    3. Use Toxin more and don't have Carnage and Venom be the only symbiotes getting most of the attention.

    4. Stop letting Jean Gray turn into the Pheonix already. I mean it is not that Hal Jordan is always going back and forward between being Paralax or member of the Green Lantern Corps.

    5. Have the Scorpion be more independent and do something else then trying to take revenge on the old Geeser in the Bugle.
    Good points, though Joker is DC, not Marvel. As for 2, OMD will hopefully be undone by the end of the month when Nick Spencer's Spider-Man run comes to an end. 3, Extreme Carnage could very well grant your wish. 5, nowadays Scorpion has as much of an axe to grind against Eddie Brock/Venom as he ever did against Jameson or Spidey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tigra

    Greer Nelson is the son of human father and werecat mother. The werecats are creations of the earth goddess Gaia, who act as her agents and defenders of nature. They are gifted with immense strength, speed, agility, durability, stamina and regeneration. Some of them are also skilled in magic. Being a human-werecat hybrid, Greer is even more powerful than monoracial members of either race. She runs the Tigra detective agency, dealing with cases of a supernatural nature. She is helped by fellow werecat, Saree.
    Sounds like one cool cat to me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  15. #420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Dennis Dunphy....this poor guy has had quite the run...couple of deaths and resurrections, loss of his super strength, and most recently turned into a vampire....

    So...cure him of vampirism by using the ionic ray treatment that was used on Simon Williams and Erik Josten. Give him superhuman strength in the 85-90 ton range with all the regular things that go along with it. Stamina, durability, etc...
    I'd probably just keep him a vampire and use him as a way to explore that society of the MU.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-27-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •