Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

NEW WARRIORS

I posted a lot of it in the Revamp a Villain Thread. but my overall goal is to integrate/mesh continuity where I can. I want the Warriors to have good strong ties to the rest of the Marvel Universe; even when staying in their own lane. to that end, I made Tai a displaced Kunlunian (sort of like Madame Gao in the Netflix series). and the Folding Circle is the name given to the small army they are organizing. Dwayne's Father would be a businessman and a political figure who was aided along the way by agents of Kunlun; to get where he is. they predictably arrange his murder when he has a change of heart and becomes more focused on acts of benevolence. i'll mostly focus on defining how I see the characters and any changes I've implemented. you already know their histories.

Night Thrasher, Nightwatch (did Marvel really need a spawn ripoff?), Ronin, etc - I haven't come up with a good code name. but he's the central pawn in the story. his training is all in the service of making him a baseline human who is skilled enough to combat superhumans and to, eventually, recruit them for the Folding Circle. if I were to change anything, I'd be the skateboard and his musical taste. I don't know too many people who only listen to one kind of music (especially not thrash metal). I'd have Dwayne be an audiophile and a bit of a music historian. for him, his music choices would reflect his mood to the reader. he goes into battle playing metal because it distracts his enemies (psychs them out) and matches his anger. but he could just as easily enjoy Motown hits, jazz, classic country, classical, etc. and he would have been specifically raised to switch up his persona in an instant (a lot of his missions involve undercover work). as for the skateboard, ditch it. it makes perfect sense for someone with Dwayne's wealth and thrillseeking personality to engage in extreme sports. it even makes sense for him to know how to skateboard. but it's a little low rent to be such a prominent part of his arsenal. I say he steals some kind of electromagnetically powered hover board (that doubles as a shield) from Oscorp or some other supervillain he busts up (maybe one of Jack O'Lantern's hover discs was in CODE BLUE's custody). I would like him to freely steal tech from their adversaries and, as part of the Foundation, acquire the tech of other companies. and there'd a period prior to assembling the New Warriors where Dwayne just wears a bunch of fake hero and villain disguises; to hide his own involvement. he wouldn't be wearing the Night Thrasher armor when he drops Nova from the roof, for instance. he's operate a lot like a villain; simply due to being raised by Chord and Tai.

SILHOUETTE - I've made my opinion of her disability known. I won't reiterate it. i'll leave her as is; crutches and all. but I'd throw in that she has a special importance to Tai; who has designs on Sil's body housing her evil Kunlunian essence. to that end, she tries to manipulate Dwayne into finding a means to heal her spine. Dwayne ultimately decides to honor Silhouette's own desire to work around the injury. but she would have some real untapped magic potential. and her Darkforce ability isn't a mutant or inhuman power. it's a result of her father being part of Tai's ceremony. Midnight's Fire is still her brother. most of the Folding Circle would get visually redesigned to wash the 90s stank off of them. oh and Sil would teach at the same dojo as Colleen Wing; eventually.

RAGE - here comes a big change. I'm combining Rage and Bandit because I have never liked Bandit or Dwayne having child wards. so imagine Donyell. now imagine him slightly taller and more muscular; like the halfway point between he and Rage (or just imagine the marvel character Bloodshed w/ elements of Rage's late 90s design). his size would be the result of the Folding Circle enhancement. he'd be stronger, faster, and more durable, as well. but anyways. he and Dwayne share a mother; Elvin being the byproduct of an affair with Chord. he didn't grow up with Dwayne's wealth or in a very loving environment. but received similar survival/self-defense/weapons training. and he was encouraged to think of Dwayne as someone he would eventually have to kill. the Warriors already have a brick character (in Nova). so I'm just using Rage as a recurring sparring partner of Dwayne. he's part of the Folding Circle but often operates independently.

this is getting long, so i'll spit it up into multiple posts.

Mighty Member

Hyperion

Created by Druig in an attempt to create new life, accomplishing something that only Zuras/the prime eternal can do, and to secretly claim some of Zuras's power for his own, Hyperion will be an artificial Eternal created with the DNA of both Druig and Zuras. He is made in a secret laboratory, and when he is released (in the form of a young child) he is scared, confused, and lashes out with his incredible power. The lab is destroyed, both due to Hyperion's tantrum and Druig's attempt to end his uncontrollable creation. He chooses to believe that Hyperion is dead. Even though he knows there are rumors of a red headed child wreaking havoc across the world, it isn't his problem anymore. Hyperion is a destructive force of nature and the people need a hero to save them from his anger, so they call on the greatest hero of their time, Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh defeats the young Hyperion. He recognizes both Hyperion's immense power and his vague relation to the Eternals. Gilgamesh takes Hyperion under his wing to mold him into a force for good, for he sees Hyperion as a once in a lifetime opportunity to create a hero that is even more impressive than himself. He teaches Hyperion about everyday life and combat, but recognizes that if Hyperion is going to be the greatest hero he'll need to learn so much more. Through his connection, and his connection's connections throughout thousands of years, Hyperion is passed down from genius to genius to impart knowledge in war, arts, psychology, science, math, technology, magic so on and so forth until he strikes out on his own just before WW2. He tracks down his "father" Gilgamesh and they have a rematch, which Hyperion wins. They talk about when he should finally go out there and be the great hero everyone expects him to be, but Gilgamesh tells him that he has so much more to learn. He tells him about the heroes that are rising up, and that he should pay attention to them, to watch and learn from them, for he is Eternal. They will all die in time, but he will always be around, and when they fail at some point in the far future, that will be his moment to rise up and change the world. Hyperion does just this, but he does not sit idly by during the following years. He fights in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars. In the modern day, he's a highly respected detective in Mississippi. He solves mysteries, hunts down criminals, monsters, and deals with any and all of the dark and horrible things happening under the nose of the average individual. Being Hyperion, he can solve these things any number of ways, but his intention isn't to beat all of his problems to a pulp. He still "lives in a world of cardboard", and he tries very hard not to break that world. He's tries to reform people, to help people, to make their lives better, to guide and inspire them to be better, without resorting to extremes. At the same time because of his work and his long life, he constantly sees the worst in people, the worst in the world, bloody, horrific, soul-crippling events and he knows he has to be optimistic if he's going to be the hero Gilgamesh raised him to be, but sometimes he has his doubts about humanity. Sometimes he wonders if he should just leave and integrate with the rest of the Eternals, but he doesn't, because he recognizes that this doubt is his fight to win and running away will never rid him from it.

Tl;dr
    1 scoop of Eternals, a little bit of Superboy, a little bit of Hickman's Hyperion and Doc Savage, a little bit of Highlander, and a whole lot of True Detective.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Hyperion

Created by Druig in an attempt to create new life, accomplishing something that only Zuras/the prime eternal can do, and to secretly claim some of Zuras's power for his own, Hyperion will be an artificial Eternal created with the DNA of both Druig and Zuras. He is made in a secret laboratory, and when he is released (in the form of a young child) he is scared, confused, and lashes out with his incredible power. The lab is destroyed, both due to Hyperion's tantrum and Druig's attempt to end his uncontrollable creation. He chooses to believe that Hyperion is dead. Even though he knows there are rumors of a red headed child wreaking havoc across the world, it isn't his problem anymore. Hyperion is a destructive force of nature and the people need a hero to save them from his anger, so they call on the greatest hero of their time, Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh defeats the young Hyperion. He recognizes both Hyperion's immense power and his vague relation to the Eternals. Gilgamesh takes Hyperion under his wing to mold him into a force for good, for he sees Hyperion as a once in a lifetime opportunity to create a hero that is even more impressive than himself. He teaches Hyperion about everyday life and combat, but recognizes that if Hyperion is going to be the greatest hero he'll need to learn so much more. Through his connection, and his connection's connections throughout thousands of years, Hyperion is passed down from genius to genius to impart knowledge in war, arts, psychology, science, math, technology, magic so on and so forth until he strikes out on his own just before WW2. He tracks down his "father" Gilgamesh and they have a rematch, which Hyperion wins. They talk about when he should finally go out there and be the great hero everyone expects him to be, but Gilgamesh tells him that he has so much more to learn. He tells him about the heroes that are rising up, and that he should pay attention to them, to watch and learn from them, for he is Eternal. They will all die in time, but he will always be around, and when they fail at some point in the far future, that will be his moment to rise up and change the world. Hyperion does just this, but he does not sit idly by during the following years. He fights in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars. In the modern day, he's a highly respected detective in Mississippi. He solves mysteries, hunts down criminals, monsters, and deals with any and all of the dark and horrible things happening under the nose of the average individual. Being Hyperion, he can solve these things any number of ways, but his intention isn't to beat all of his problems to a pulp. He still "lives in a world of cardboard", and he tries very hard not to break that world. He's tries to reform people, to help people, to make their lives better, to guide and inspire them to be better, without resorting to extremes. At the same time because of his work and his long life, he constantly sees the worst in people, the worst in the world, bloody, horrific, soul-crippling events and he knows he has to be optimistic if he's going to be the hero Gilgamesh raised him to be, but sometimes he has his doubts about humanity. Sometimes he wonders if he should just leave and integrate with the rest of the Eternals, but he doesn't, because he recognizes that this doubt is his fight to win and running away will never rid him from it.

Tl;dr
    1 scoop of Eternals, a little bit of Superboy, a little bit of Hickman's Hyperion and Doc Savage, a little bit of Highlander, and a whole lot of True Detective.
    I don't like the Eternals. it feels weird to me that they exist in the same universe as the Olympians. but I like how you utilized Druig to create Hyperion. and Zuras is believable as a gene donor. I'm not sold on the southern detective angle. but I could learn to like it; depending on how Marc is characterized. I imagine that he'd have to move around a lot; being an immortal. and it'd be good to have a hero operate in the South; for a change. so, in your continuity, is there a Squadron Supreme?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so, in your continuity, is there a Squadron Supreme?
    No, or at least not in any official/typical/modern capacity. I feel like that means introducing a lot of characters that I would kind of become wallpaper or get left out and ignored entirely. Plus, the idea was to take a big Superman/Silver Surfer level hero and have him deal with very personal/human conflicts as opposed to just throwing him in space to fight cosmic stuff. Creating a Squadron Supreme would make things much bigger much faster than I would like. It seems like more of an end goal, like when Hyperion finally decides to become a full fledged superhero it's because he has the support of the people that would become the Squadron Supreme. Alternatively, since it is a constant plot thread in things Squadron Supreme, Hyperion can deal with a future version of the Squadron Supreme where he loses his faith in humanity and resorts to mind control, as he often does. That said, Nighthawk would definitely be around. This version of Hyperion probably has more in common with Nighthawk as far as their experiences than any other, and Nighthawk has kind of already lost faith in people, so I think that would make for an interesting dynamic. Nighthawk himself is kind of a renaissance man. For Nighthawk, Hyperion would be someone that he doesn't necessarily agree with, but understands and doesn't have to talk down to. He'd feel like he's with a peer as opposed to above everyone all the time, which he would never admit is a lonely place to be, and he'd kind of dare Hyperion to prove him wrong. Nighthawk believes he's right about his perceptions, but would rather be wrong. Hyperion would have a similar feeling of camaraderie with Nighthawk, and would try to bring him back from the edge, even if it's just a couple of steps back. I'd also throw a version of Dr. Spectrum in, but as a magic based villain.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    are you asking for Blue Marvel to be shelved? I just want to make sure that I'm understanding you.
    No, I'm saying that if Anti-Man were to get a limited series, I don't want Blue Marvel to appear in it at all.

As for shelving Blue Marvel, now that Ultimates 2 is over, he's likely bound for limbo anyway. Unless they somehow retcon him as one of the original Ultimates and launch a new series.

[QUOTE=scribbleMind;3062660]No, or at least not in any official/typical/modern capacity. I feel like that means introducing a lot of characters that I would kind of become wallpaper or get left out and ignored entirely. Plus, the idea was to take a big Superman/Silver Surfer level hero and have him deal with very personal/human conflicts as opposed to just throwing him in space to fight cosmic stuff. Creating a Squadron Supreme would make things much bigger much faster than I would like. It seems like more of an end goal, like when Hyperion finally decides to become a full fledged superhero it's because he has the support of the people that would become the Squadron Supreme. Alternatively, since it is a constant plot thread in things Squadron Supreme, Hyperion can deal with a future version of the Squadron Supreme where he loses his faith in humanity and resorts to mind control, as he often does.

I'm good with that. thanks for the clarification. I think that a lot of the characters would do better on their own, anyways. I see a lot of potential in Zarda, at least.

on that note, my next revamp would be Blur. Marvel doesn't really have a Flash. I would choose, as the model, the Stanley Stewart from the MAX Supreme Power book. just introduce a 616 version and find some way to give him the enhanced speed. I might also suggest giving his powers the physical representation of DP7 Blur's own; he often appears to be vibrating uncontrollably. I just personally prefer Stan to Jeffrey Walters (but prefer Jeff's last costume). I think that he's more likable. I think he might make a good New Warrior; in the place of Rage (see: above changes), as well.

so Stan

+

this power representation

and this costume (or a mesh of their two costumes - I just like the visor)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No, I'm saying that if Anti-Man were to get a limited series, I don't want Blue Marvel to appear in it at all.

As for shelving Blue Marvel, now that Ultimates 2 is over, he's likely bound for limbo anyway. Unless they somehow retcon him as one of the original Ultimates and launch a new series.
    understood. personally, I can't wait for teen Blue Marvel (Monica and Adam's future kid). lol.

NEW WARRIORS PT 2

MARVEL BOY/JUSTICE - a big fan of the classic WWII era heroes (like Mister E and American Ace); in a way that rivals Kamala Khan. he's also an astrology buff. otherwise, he'd be lower income and be the kid who has to work while attending high school. has aspirations of working for NASA. still a psychokinetic mutant. has a very brief taste of costumed heroism as he uses his tk to stop a shop robbery. it's what gets him on Dwayne's radar. mostly, he's the team idealist. he's the first to suggest that they form a team; to Dwayne's delight since it's part of his mission. he prefers to use his powers defensively; creating shields and levitating things/people out of harm's way. but Dwayne trains him how to surround himself with an almost skin tight shield of telekinesis to allow him to act more offensively/appear to have super strength - it plays into Vance's love of hero tropes (another reason for him to wear a flowing cape)

FIRESTAR - no change needed - but I might play us her interest in physics or something - otherwise, she's the girl next door type and kind of reluctant to be on a superteam; after the bad Hellions experience

COLLIDER - Robby Baldwin - I won't change anything but his name - he fills the annoying little brother role on the team

KYMAERA - if Angel's the girl next door, Nita would be the high school It Girl + a scholar athlete (swim team) - but she undergoes some, from her perspective, pretty terrifying changes thanks to physical therapist/stalker Lemuel Dorcas (who even his former coworkers at A.I.M find kind of creepy) - have you seen the movie 'Tusk?' Lemuel has an unhealthy fixation on Nita and decides to "improve" her with atlantean dna (and some other stuff) - Nita's initial injury heals instantly but she seems to be developing gills, blue tinged skin, reflexive toxin-covered quills (what will the guys or girls think), and all sorts of nifty deep ocean sea creature abilities. it comes and goes. she learns to control it. but there's an adjustment period. oh and she and her family have been monitored for quite some time; it wasn't random. Nita is a relative of Betty Dean; former love interest of Namor the Submariner. I can hear the complaints already. but I have a reason for not making her a clone of Namor's cousin. Namora is alive and well; w/ the Agents of Atlas. and I think being the female version of a male hero is an unnecessary hurdle. just let Nita be Nita. she would still have plenty of reason to visit Atlantis; now that she's strong enough to withstand the pressures of the deep ocean. otherwise, she's a real hedonist but enjoys toying with Nova.

NOVA - as I see him, he's the tough school kid who defends weaker students from other tough guys; almost like a next generation Ben Grimm - I see him as an older brother character on the team (a counter to Robbie) - and he'd be very accustomed to this role having spent a lot of time looking out for his younger yet more high achieving brother - otherwise, I'm not changing anything about him powerwise or visually - still from Saugerties - I kind of want to make him white latino (on his mother's side) just so that I can call him Ricardo or Rico but still use "Rich" as a nickname - eh, if his fans are ok w/ the joke...

they are later joined by Turbo (Michiko) and Blur (616 version of supreme power's stan stewart - he's a recipient of the taylor foundation scholarship)

BANNED

Hmm, if we're able to revamp existing 616 characters, I'd like to take a shot at a few of them before moving to the B/C/D-listers. Anyway, let's get to i!

IRON MAN:

808766-adi-granov-comics-iron-man-marvel-comics-tony-stark.jpg

Back in the day, Stark Munitions used to be a big firm, but not the global juggernaut that the movies and current books made it out to be. Due to the charm and charisma of RDJ, they've taken down important parts of Tony's character and essentially changed his character completely. IE they've removed the chunck of his childhood that essentially made him turn into Iron Man, and replaced it with a cliche "party boy" persona. So they've taken a complex backstory and turned it into "aloof rich guy becomes a bleeding heart". It's pretty much Green Arrow's origin and all it does is take away from Stark. So, I'd like to fix that.

We start off back in the beginning, with kid!Tony. He's still a reserved, bookish and childish kid. He reads stories about Knights & Dragons, and likes toys, especially "building block" ones (in the old book they were just "mix and match" robots, but considering we're updating everything, I'd just turn them into Lego and Mindstorms). Generally just go with what was shown in that "I'm having a Cyber-Coma and reliving my childhood" story from Micheline's run. Howard and Maria keep their usual characters, with a few extra qurisk and traits*. So basically we do away with all the Post-MCU additions.

Now, Stark Munitions is a small-time arms firm established back in WWII, struggling against HAMMERCORP, that eventually gets taken over by Howard's brother (more on that later) and sold to HAMMERCORP. This leaves Howard with just a sizeable inheritance after being pressured to sell his shares, and little more besides that. So effectively the Starks now have enough money to get by, but are by no means part of the elite, which sparks trouble back at home, and in turn shaping Tony in what he'll eventually become. Things progress as normal, Tony goes to College, graduates from MIT and then follows a Gates/Jobs route, by quickly setting up a small company and being forward-thinking enough (this time in both fields, unlike Bill and Steve who were proficient at just one aspect) to expand it, his basis being millitary contracts.

So we've arrived at "ground zero", with the 35-40 YO Tony, full of arrogance and with an ego the size of the Moon. He parties, he sleeps around, he races fast cars, all of that jazz. Which means it's now time for the accident! I'll basically follow the MCU here (Weapons Test in the Middle East), but instead of having some insidious cabal capture Tony (Stark Industries would still be small enough to not be a thorn in the side of ROXXON, HAMMERCORP or OzCorp), it's just a bunch of hillibilly ISIS soldiers that managed to get the drop on him and the US Soldiers. Thing continue like in the Ellis re-telling, with Yinsen the genius Medical Scientist helping Tony with his heart, Stark escaping and killing the whole camp, etc, etc. You know the rest. The "origin" itself is fine as is, apart from a few things that could be updated (setting, fractions, period, etc).

Upon returning, Tony doesn't make a 180, he simply realises that he could use his money, success and brain to do something else other than Pump&Dump Super-Models while driving the latest car. That always bugged me, because you have him give up his main source of income, and then be able to whip up the most advanced tech in the world! Less Money =/= More Breakthroughs. So Tony still continues taking weapons contracts for the US, but he branches out to the UN and NATO, thus expanding SI and becoming a threat to the Global Conglomerates. This allows him to be able to fund more Green Tech, better prosthetics and even better phones and consumer electronics. All the while he keeps working on his secret project, codenamed PROMETHEUS (I liked that from the Heroes Reborn U). Ellis had it right over at Extremis in that "you can't just wish the future into being, it has to be paid for", and I dislike how the comics worked it over by saying "it's just comics bro, just turn your brain off bro". Plus, by having Tony still make weapons in order to one day be able to build his perfect future, you have more themes to play with, as he still continues being a grey character and not absolved of everything in an instant.

Generally I just wanted to remove the "playboy from birth" aspects and play with the "self-made man" angle, which is what I think defines Tony. It should be, IMHO, less a story about a complete rebirth, and more about building yourself from the ground up, and managing to deal with both your mistakes and triumphs. Having him just "cut off" his old life while retaining all the pros of it, is pretty unrealistic. You have to sacrifice to reap the goods. And this whole "weapons are bad m'kay" is very narrow minded. I say that as a non-America, without a single gun at home, but the notion that countries should remain completely unprotected or that their soldiers shouldn't be equipped and ready for everything is very "utopic". Having Tony struggle with both wanting to build a perfect world, but knowing what has to be done to achieve it, is more interesting than "man with infinite amounts of money builds what he wants but somehow never changes anything".

*The Starks: In the books we have Howard the Drunk, but besides "stress and the times" we never get any reason for it, or get to know him besides the fact that he's a macho-man. So I'd change that a bit. In this U, his brother is the charming and cunning Stark, who eventually cons Howard out of everything he owns. He's not Obadiah, he just takes over his MCU role (I have other plans for Stane).This is what makes him lose his faith in himself and his family, which is why he becomes abusive towards Tony. In his own way, he wants to turn him into a cold-hearted guy that'll always be aware of his surroundings. In his mind he's helping, but he's so broken he goes about it in a completely wrong way. He doesn't teach Tony about the hardships of life, he just rages at everything. In the end, it does transform Tony into this cold "iron man", but for different reasons (he gets so disgusted by his father's perceived weakness that he just wants to prove himself better than him). Maria is kept largely the same, as in the only normal person in the whole mess, who's often the voice of reason and Tony's only crutch for most of his life. I'd just make the Italian/Greek ancestry part canon, because I've had that headcanon since the 90s dammit! Dead parents are a cliche, so I actually wouldn't kill them. I'd have Tony distance himself from them, apart from the odd visit to the ancestral house. Eventually they'd all come around and repair their relationship.

PS: A major part of Tony should be that he's 100% a backer of the Transhumanism movement. It's why he becomes the leading authority on augementations and the like, because he's depended on them to make the Iron Man Armor work. He replaces his eyes, joints and all that early on, until the inevitable Extremis upgrade. Plus, keep the Capitalist angle. Dropping that didn't really improve anything, and it's not like you can't make a statement about unregulated Capitalism by having Hammer be everyone's worst nightmare. Tony can be both a Libertarian/Capitalist and a hero. Don't change everything just to make him more "accessible". Keep that Howard Hughes/Walt Disney vibe.
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 09-02-2017 at 12:58 AM.

not a revamp. but what I would have wanted to see was the reality-displaced Supreme Power Nighthawk make a dramatic shift in operating after the Squadron disbanded. it was a lesson that he had already learned in the actual MAX series (but it was forgotten along the way). so anyways, he'd focus his attention on rebuilding a financial empire. and he'd take on some assistance. Tilda would stay on. but he'd also have a tenuous association with Dwayne Taylor; who would become (one of) the new Nighthawk. Raymond (it feels weird calling him that) would create an intelligence network of Nighthawks (Tilda Johnson, Joaquin Pennyworth, etc); with their own resources/bases of power. but anyways, I see Dwayne as sort of a Nightwing figure. he and Ray don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. the latter is far more jaded. but there is mutual respect.

I'm not ignoring you Techno_Knight. I just want to encourage other people to participate/critique. i'll adopt the transhumanism angle for Tony, if you don't mind. I'd make the marvel geniuses a more close-knit exclusive group. by that, I mean that there wouldn't be much of an age difference between Reed, Banner, Moy, Pym, Storm, and Stark. and that would be by design; davinci, The Wheel, eugenics, and SHIELD related. Tony retains his alpha male-ness (but is still secretly feels threatened by Reed Richards - every one of them would know the sting of having Reed follow one of their ideas with something impossibly brilliant). anyways...

THE AVENGERS + THE PYM LEGACY PT 1

.Jan's father, Vernon Van Dyne, would be the head of SHIELD's research and development division. he'd be succeeded by Sidney Levine; upon his death (otherdimensional biological attack - creature from kosmos is more like a giant phagocyte in my take).

.Jan's still an heiress w/ an eye for fashion. but, a lot like movie-Hope, she spends a lot of her youth-into-adulthood learning how to fight. she's not a scientist like her father. but she possesses an exceptionally keen mind suited to investigative work. by the time that we meet her, she has been a S.H.I.E.L.D field agent for 2 years. she uses her socialite image as a cover for intelligence gathering.

. after a particularly dangerous mission her father takes steps to remove her from field agent status. he has Jan help their new recruit, Henry Pym, become acclimated to life at SHIELD.

. Henry is a polymath from SHIELD’s London branch (despite his youth, doing pretty much what Vernon does for the American branch) - polite but sullen, secretive, and somewhat haunted – he jumps at a chance to be reassigned to Van Dyne’s lab; almost as if he were running from something (something vengeful made from metal and circuits)

. Vernon created several gadgets (a flight harness & wrist-mounted tasers) that will eventually be used to create the Wasp identity. I'm doing this to establish a clear division between Jan and Hank. he is not the reason that she becomes a superheroine. she was already well on her way to becoming an action hero.

. fastforwarding to the avengers stuff Jan tags along, as a shield agent, on the first team-up mission of iron man, captain America, and thor; Henry Pym (who reluctantly springs into action as Giant-Man), in tow.

. as Janet she serves as the Avengers public relations spokesperson while maintaining a secret identity as the Wasp (going so far as to disguise her voice)

. Henry has developed feelings for her, by this point (he, like most of the science team, initially had a crush on Susan Storm but considered her out of his league) - she's tired of feeling like the weak link of the team - Henry seizes upon this and offers to use his science to upgrade her (because he knows that she intends to go to Stark for this & fears that it would lead to them being closer); hence the mechanical wings become some kind of biotech mix (much harder than they look) and she can change size (only shrinking to start with)

.in the early days, there will a strong association between SHIELD and the Avengers – that will naturally fall off as the team seeks to choose its targets and where, in the world, it gets involved

.but, while it lasts, Henry and Jan, will often find themselves partnered together and investigating various situatons around the glob; always under the guise of a married couple

. those independent ‘adventures of ant-man & the wasp’ will establish their rogues gallery (a chance to show that it’s not just the U.S. that has a super-villain problem); The Voice, Whirlwind, and Plantman would be recurring british sparring partners – The Voice would be the menace of Amsterdam – South America would be plagued by a super-intelligent beetle with it’s compound eyes on world domination – russia’s superapes and the famed spy Madame X would offer the couple a cold welcome, etc.

. in case you're wondering, Maria (romantic partner but not anywhere near being married at this point) would have co-created the artificial intelligence that became Ultron - Maria would be killed at some point (a political killing) - that's when Pym would find out that the A.I. had an unhealthy crush on Maria and blamed him for not protecting her - he would think that he destroyed Ultron but would still be scared enough (and distraught over Maria's death) to leave England
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-18-2017 at 02:14 PM.

THE HOOD

I'll base his looks on Raekwon,someone short and stout.

Seeking a new host, the Hood which belonged to Parker Robbins has made his way to the projects.
    Corey Coles stumbles upon the cloak and the boots.
    Unlike Parker Robbins before him, he uses it to as a way out of the criminal life
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

to me, Union Jack/Joey Chapman seems like something that could work as a Kingsmen slant. by that, I mean that Eggsy probably has a little in common with Joey. I'm an American and don't really understand the controversy over the name; so pardon my cultural insensitivity. I just think he has a spiffy costume and seems like a guy that anyone could root for. so work that out on your own/change where needed. but I think Joseph would be specially chosen for the 'union jack' program; the highest marks in his class. and his working class roots would make him a first for the mantle. primarily he'd fight the various terrorist groups that crop up throughout the region (but with an occult tinge to make it interesting). he'd definitely be kicking in the skulls of several vampire skinheads. still a painter. I don't think much has to be changed about Union Jack. it's just that his name and the flag that he drapes himself in is supposedly troublesome (you'd have to ask someone who knows).

I won't mess with Captain Britain

Meggan, from my perspective, needs to be less of a fanservice character. after establishing how Otherworld/Avalon operates, I'd have Meggan be of actual fae heritage and be sent specifically to cozy up to Brian Braddock and report back to Otherworld. she'd come to recognize Brian's heroism and begin to distance herself from homebase. she'd look like a super model but have been one of the more studious members of her otherworld-class (like Braddock was).

Micromax would be introduced as the bureaucratic red tape guy/like a young less experienced incredibly vain version of Henry Peter Gyrich (but w/ less authority) - in his role as lackey of MI6 he'd encounter a number of Britain's superheroes; often ending in professional humiliation - he'd also have a number of ethical entanglements (being in the pocket of the Hellfire Club, Roxxon, and Black Air). at any rate, he basically steals the formula (maybe it's even something that Pym worked on) that grants him the size-changing/dimensional shifting powers during the confusion of a superhero/R.A.I.D melee. from that point on, Micromax would be your standard superhuman heel character; often acting as an enforcer for one of marvel UK's shady government agencies. his alignment would be continuously shifting (he'd be one of the super-set to go along with Dark Reign but get out of dodge during Secret Empire). the big change that I made was him not being a short balding pot-bellied mutant who shifts into 'physical perfection.' instead I went with him being a handsome ineffectual cad who can become his personal idea of perfection (he even gains a radio friendly voice) w/o fixing any of the underlying problems that make him a heel.

Blade - just go with him being a vampire half-breed w/ all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses (like in the movies); from the start. I like how he was depicted when he joined the Mighty Avengers. so he's already on the right path. I'd establish that the people who employ Union Jack would see Blade as a rogue agent; as much of an unwanted variable as Frank Castle).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Ok to revamp a group?

The original Ultimates, give or take a clone and/or time displaced alternate, are all back courtesy of the Maker... but not for long, if it was up to me. Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, Giant Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Captain America comprise the Maker's team initially. I retcon the Maker as the one who put Owen Reece up to his little experiment that led Reece to getting his powers. I also retcon just how stable those powers are. At some point -- no one but the Maker knows when, but it's soon -- Owen Reece is going to destabilize and take quite a bit of all of creation out with him when he explodes. Reece, of course, doesn't know this. So the Maker has been spending his time secretly spying on the Beyonders, hoping to discover some way to prevent his own destruction. That he's also saving the rest of the omniverse is of lesser importance to him. The Maker thinks that he has found a possible key to the puzzle and sends the original Ultimates to the Beyonder-verse to retrieve it. They all, of course, get wiped out. Knowing that zero hour is nigh, the Maker next petitions the Tribunal for aid, but before he can argue his case, Oblivion blocks his petition for all of the obvious reasons, trapping the Maker in the Realm of the Forgotten for eternity. Or so it thinks. Ever a thinking man, the Maker soon realizes that the RotF isn't the death sentence that Oblivion intended it to be. Since just about every hero and villain has spent time in comic book limbo at some point or another, the Maker easily assembles a new group of Ultimates. Some are dead. Some are living, but largely unused and unknown. The Maker eventually convinces 13 of these forgotten souls to join his cause and thus the ultimate Ultimates are formed.

to me, Union Jack/Joey Chapman seems like something that could work as a Kingsmen slant. by that, I mean that Eggsy probably has a little in common with Joey. I'm an American and don't really understand the controversy over the name; so pardon my cultural insensitivity. I just think he has a spiffy costume and seems like a guy that anyone could root for. so work that out on your own/change where needed. but I think Joseph would be specially chosen for the 'union jack' program; the highest marks in his class. and his working class roots would make him a first for the mantle. primarily he'd fight the various terrorist groups that crop up throughout the region (but with an occult tinge to make it interesting). he'd definitely be kicking in the skulls of several vampire skinheads. still a painter. I don't think much has to be changed about Union Jack. it's just that his name and the flag that he drapes himself in is supposedly troublesome (you'd have to ask someone who knows).
    the only problems with the flag are who's wearing it. Is it a far-right skinhead thug or is it a patriotic moderate or a jingoistic anti-EU, racist, nobber? Other than that, the only problem I have with Jack is a grown-ass man calling himself 'Joey'. Only one who I know who does that is Joey Barton, a [soccer] player who is a complete toss-pot.
    I surrender to the Contest