Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sleepwalker.

Use his crazy rogues gallery but with 21st century storytelling. Heck use 1980s storytelling with a Freddy Kruger version of cobweb.
    Having a dream-based character who literally only exists on a dream plane (and can therefore only interact with people when they are dreaming, or more rarely, when they are delerious or drugged) could be interesting.

Or a material person with a 'dream travel' sort of teleportation. Various other teleporters might be limited to only step into and out of shadows, or water, or mirrors, or power lines, but this one can only step into the dreams of a sleeping person near them, and out again from a sleeping person's mind perhaps many miles away. (Which requires some stealth and shenanigans, since you'd often be appearing in people's bedrooms, and maybe have to coast around for an 'exit point' from the Dreamlands that's 'some dude who nodded off on the bus' or 'some lady catching a nap in the break room'... Cause, otherwise, awkward!)

One of my friends pitched Jessica Jones as a potential Black Sky during the Defenders lead up.

I think a young Justice travelling with a younger rookie Hulk would've been interesting. Bruce and Vance parallel each other and there's something interesting about that to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-28-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Incredible Member

Ant-Man 2099

Concept
    - depict Ant-Man as a (semi-renown) neurosurgeon discredited to cover up unethical actions of the medical board following the discovery of the illegal testing and distribution of a number of experimental pharmaceutical products on patients by members of the staff. Series would see him forced out of his position at the hospital and stripped of his medical license, with him eventually starting up a free clinic to treat the less fortunate and moonlighting as a concierge after having his license reinstated by [Boris]. Would assume the mantle of Ant-Man during this time in an attempt to clear his name, using medical equipment from his clinic and some leftover nanites he was modifying to make his suit and aid in his heroic endeavors. These nanites, in addition to gathering information and performing acts of espionage (sabotage, etc.), would be shown to be capable of forming various tools and weapons along with augmenting Ant-Man’s physical abilities via their medical capabilities and providing him with somewhat of a limited healing factor.]
    - think the premise of Royal Pains except Hank Lawson moonlights as a superhero on the side while attempting to clear his name and expose the hospital/pharmaceutical company; supporting characters take cues from series with his brother potentially becoming the new Yellowjacket after being captured and conditioned to fight Ant-Man by way of powerful narcotic(s)
    - rather than having control over ants/insects would possess technopathic control over ant-like nanites, which in turn would be the same nanites originally used to perform medical procedures during Ant-Man's tenure as a surgeon
    - theme: ethics/responsibility

Fantastic Four 2099

Concept
    - result of corporate experiments on unwilling test subjects, with the Four being the first test subjects to survive the procedure without developing any significant side effects or adverse mutations
    - teams powers comparable to those of the original iterations
    - theme: corruption

Alternate Concept
    - result of illegal cloning in response to the apparent re-emergence of Doom, with the Four being imperfect clones of the Richards family created by recently revived Weapons Plus program using genetic material acquired by SHIELD during the Heroic Age]
    - genetic material degraded over time due to cosmic radiation originally responsible for giving the Four their powers, resulting in clones being imperfect copies of their genetic templates and lacking the crucial characteristics such as the Four’s original skills and personalities; with the clones constantly contemplating who they are compared who they’re supposed to be and struggling to reconcile the two in order to form their own identities as individuals
    - while the team would share the same powers as their original counterparts, unforeseen complications during the cloning process would result in the clones inheriting the corresponding powers of their teammates rather than that of their genetic template
    - theme: identity

That Antman concept sounds dope. I thought you were gonna incorporate the whole "shrinking to operate the body from inside".

Spectacular Member

Nosferata the She-Bat!

(bio@ https://comicvine.gamespot.com/nosferata/4005-42921/ for anyone who doesn't remember 31 year old She-Hulk comics and yikes I'm old!)

I would take a cue from the Doom Patrol show and absolutely lean into the insanity of Marvel Earth having a completely twisted analogue for Gotham City and all of its villains along with its own bat-themed vigilante defender while still telling superhero stories with an appropriate amount of drama, emotional investment and action. Visigoth should be the kind of city that outcrazies Deadpool, but Nosferata is part of the craziness herself and as far as she's concerned she is a grim avenger of the night with a rogue's gallery full of dangerously unstable criminal masterminds. She's lived in this demented place for so long that she has no idea how absurd it all is.

To stop it from just being a weird Batman parody, the characters would all have developed backstories, personalities and motivations that don't really relate to their DC counterparts (with just enough similarities thrown in that you can tell who they're meant to be). Dogwoman might be a psychotic dog whose mind has been transferred into a human woman and can be an enemy or an ally depending on how Nosferata treats her, Slimeface could be sentient mud from the Man-Thing's swamp that enjoys acting like a supervillain for kicks, that kind of thing.

Our POV character could be Gwenpool who realises she's only ever gonna be wallpaper on Krakoa and becomes Nosferata's sidekick hoping that they can get in on that Doom Patrol/Umbrella Academy vibe and maybe get some free publicity out of DC Comics trying to cease and desist them, leading them on to become cult favourites!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That Antman concept sounds dope. I thought you were gonna incorporate the whole "shrinking to operate the body from inside".
    Thx. I thought about it but one of the things I've always liked about the 2099 characters is that early on they were more homages to their namesakes opposed to blatant copies. The Fantastic Voyage idea has kinda been done to death, plus it would have been too similar to the Atom over at DC. I like idea of Ant-Man actually focusing more on him using ants than the science of the Pym Particles.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Ant-Man 2099

Concept
    - depict Ant-Man as a (semi-renown) neurosurgeon discredited to cover up unethical actions of the medical board following the discovery of the illegal testing and distribution of a number of experimental pharmaceutical products on patients by members of the staff. Series would see him forced out of his position at the hospital and stripped of his medical license, with him eventually starting up a free clinic to treat the less fortunate and moonlighting as a concierge after having his license reinstated by [Boris]. Would assume the mantle of Ant-Man during this time in an attempt to clear his name, using medical equipment from his clinic and some leftover nanites he was modifying to make his suit and aid in his heroic endeavors. These nanites, in addition to gathering information and performing acts of espionage (sabotage, etc.), would be shown to be capable of forming various tools and weapons along with augmenting Ant-Man’s physical abilities via their medical capabilities and providing him with somewhat of a limited healing factor.]
    - think the premise of Royal Pains except Hank Lawson moonlights as a superhero on the side while attempting to clear his name and expose the hospital/pharmaceutical company; supporting characters take cues from series with his brother potentially becoming the new Yellowjacket after being captured and conditioned to fight Ant-Man by way of powerful narcotic(s)
    - rather than having control over ants/insects would possess technopathic control over ant-like nanites, which in turn would be the same nanites originally used to perform medical procedures during Ant-Man's tenure as a surgeon
    - theme: ethics/responsibility

Fantastic Four 2099

Concept
    - result of corporate experiments on unwilling test subjects, with the Four being the first test subjects to survive the procedure without developing any significant side effects or adverse mutations
    - teams powers comparable to those of the original iterations
    - theme: corruption

Alternate Concept
    - result of illegal cloning in response to the apparent re-emergence of Doom, with the Four being imperfect clones of the Richards family created by recently revived Weapons Plus program using genetic material acquired by SHIELD during the Heroic Age]
    - genetic material degraded over time due to cosmic radiation originally responsible for giving the Four their powers, resulting in clones being imperfect copies of their genetic templates and lacking the crucial characteristics such as the Four’s original skills and personalities; with the clones constantly contemplating who they are compared who they’re supposed to be and struggling to reconcile the two in order to form their own identities as individuals
    - while the team would share the same powers as their original counterparts, unforeseen complications during the cloning process would result in the clones inheriting the corresponding powers of their teammates rather than that of their genetic template
    - theme: identity
    Those are both pretty good, especially your Fantastic Four 2099, though your Ant-Man 2099 is truly unique. That said, I had my own idea for Fantastic Four 2099, which would've focused on the current trend towards privatized spaceflights, only extrapolating from now into what that might look like in a future so heavily dominated by megacorporations. The basic version is that Alchemax subsidizes the Baxter Building's ventures into outer space for the purpose of turning the other planets in Earth's solar system into habitable new colonies for the people of Earth, which has only been able to hold out after a particularly bad climate crisis through what amounts to a patchwork of technological Band-Aids on a bullet wound, and that'll only last so long. Of course, the megacorps' real plan is to give their elites and anyone who can be useful to said elites prime seating on the space vessels going to those colonized planets, while leaving the "undesirables," i.e. everyone else, to rot back on Earth. That said, the four-person crew for this space venture is also testing out an interdimensional warp that's supposed to reduce travel time and distance between planets, enabling near-instantaneous movement from planet Earth to any other planet in the solar system, and it works. The only issue, though, is that having been exposed to unknown interdimensional energies in a spacefaring vessel with shielding that turns out to be less than fully adequate does some very strange, unique, and flat-out frightening things to the crew's biology --- which Alchemax takes as an absolute win, provided it can study the crew's mutations in order to weaponize them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those are both pretty good, especially your Fantastic Four 2099, though your Ant-Man 2099 is truly unique.
    Thx, actually really happy with the latter. Still fine tuning a few things about the both concepts for the Four.

Had a nice idea for the Guardians of the Galaxy that basically would just be Leverage in space, soon as I can figure out how to spin it and who would fill out the roster I'll probably post it. Ditto with Black Knight, Thor, Bloodstone, and a few others.
    Last edited by Draegwolf; 07-12-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Thx, actually really happy with the latter. Still fine tuning a few things about the both concepts for the Four.

Had a nice idea for the Guardians of the Galaxy that basically would just be Leverage in space, soon as I can figure out how to spin it and who would fill out the roster I'll probably post it. Ditto with Black Knight, Thor, Bloodstone, and a few others.
    You're welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing your takes on the more extraterrestrial and supernatural elements of the Marvel Universe and how they might translate into the setting of 2099. Funny enough, with Thor, considering he was actually duplicated through cloning, cybernetics, and a technological imitation Mjolnir back in the original Civil War, that could come in handy for Alchemax trying to recreate the Aesir a la the Fall of the Hammer crossover arc in the original Marvel 2099 line.

Astonishing Member

Not sure if I am doing this right since I do not dislike them but a revamp of Inhumans of mixing the more classic seperate stories with the all new Nuhuman stuff. The main line Royals stepping down and letting their kids rule, seeing Nuhumans bring new ideas to New Attilian.

Since Black Bolt was the face of the old guard, and Medusa was leading the new age their son Ahura would be the driving force of this work, coming more to terms of being a leader, and how to bring the other Inhuman Terran nations into the fold.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing your takes on the more extraterrestrial and supernatural elements of the Marvel Universe and how they might translate into the setting of 2099. Funny enough, with Thor, considering he was actually duplicated through cloning, cybernetics, and a technological imitation Mjolnir back in the original Civil War, that could come in handy for Alchemax trying to recreate the Aesir a la the Fall of the Hammer crossover arc in the original Marvel 2099 line.
    Funnily enough one of the ideas I had in mind for Thor 2099 alluded to that concept in that he could potentially be revealed to be an amnesiac Ragnarok, in which case I could see the series taking on a Highlander-esque feel as Thor’s memories gradually returned and we got flashes into his past and the events leading up to the start of the 2099 series.

Thor 2099

My main idea behind the concept of Thor 2099 is that he would be one of the last Thorites following the purge that was touch up on in the last Punisher 2099 one-shot we got. “Thor” himself would be amnesiac, having acquired the condition from the events of the Purge or prior to it in which case it would be the inciting incident that lead him to joining the Thorites in the first place. Taking a page out of the Ultimates universe Thor’s hammer & powers would be result of a battle suit used in conjuncture with an artificial Mjolnir the Thorites had in their possession, with the hammer itself heavily implied to originally belong to the War/Ultimate Thor (or Beta-Ray Bill) as the series.
    As I mentioned earlier Thor himself would be implied to be either the reincarnation of Thor Odinson or at the very least have some ties to him over the course of the series, either eventually being revealed to be the construct (not a clone) Ragnarök or Thor’s canonical son (which actually would play rather well into the War Thor angle) Modi…albeit it as demigod descendant through either Jane Foster or Sif in which case he’d be an unrealized full god. Either way I do like the idea of him resembling the Ultimate Thor.

If I were to follow the latter route I could see Modi’s brother Magne serving as a villain and more or less filling the role of Loki 2099, with variations of the Aesir popping up in some form or another. Heimdall could easily translate into a surveillance system the Thorites constructed to monitor “Asgard” but weren’t able to activate until after the Purge. I could definitely spoof God of War to introduce the concept of Mimir in some form or fashion to use as an exposition piece. In fact the more I think about it the more I like the idea of Thor 2099 basically just being Kratos.

Theme of the series would be faith.

Bloodstone 2099

I can think of a couple of different ways the Bloodstones could be adapted into the 2099 era, from adapting them to take on the mantle of other occult characters like Black Knight or Strange 2099 to making them completely unrelated to their namesake and making them part of the supporting past of Ghost Rider by way using the name as an avatar. That being said I really like the idea of keeping them as the descendants of Ulysses Bloodstone. Monster hunter(s) in a post monster world.

Think Supernatural in a cyberpunk setting, with the series main theme being change as we’d follow the Bloodstone(s) trying to adapt to a world in which the monsters they historically hunted have gone extinct or evolved and they have to learn to adapt to the new monsters surfacing with little to no knowledge to draw from.

The few conventional monsters that might still exist would either be the oldest and most powerful of their kind or the few that were able to adapt and blend in. Meanwhile everything else is new, with no lore for the Bloodstone(s) to draw from outside of what they learn as they go. All the knowledge and lore the family has accumulated over the years suddenly becomes useless as it’s no longer relevant to the present situation.

Vampires are no longer just vampires. Now they’re living pseudo-vampires modeled after Morbius, able to pass for human and able to move throughout the day among other abilities, and militaristic dhampirs called Daywalkers, originally grown/created in the wake of the vampire extinction to serve as super soldiers for the few remaining true vampires that exist.

Instead of werewolves, we have Warewolves. Byproducts of the original created by D/MONIX but constantly mutating as they continue to upgrade themselves by assimilating whatever technology they can acquire.

Instead of demonic possession cyborgs have to worry about D/MONIX possession, in which they’re hacked through their cybernetics and forced to serve whatever function the virus has. Serious cases can result in the host body being reconfigured to achieve a particular goal, leading to them taking on grotesque and macabre new forms. In most cases Deathlok’s are the inevitable results of this, cyborg zombies whose minds have been subsumed by the virus and act solely off whatever programing the virus has uploaded into them. Others turn into Man-Thing’s (umbrella term), a grotesque array of wires, circuits, and scrap forming a parody of a human body but devoid of humanity.
    Last edited by Draegwolf; 07-14-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Funnily enough one of the ideas I had in mind for Thor 2099 alluded to that concept in that he could potentially be revealed to be an amnesiac Ragnarok, in which case I could see the series taking on a Highlander-esque feel as Thor’s memories gradually returned and we got flashes into his past and the events leading up to the start of the 2099 series.

Thor 2099

My main idea behind the concept of Thor 2099 is that he would be one of the last Thorites following the purge that was touch up on in the last Punisher 2099 one-shot we got. “Thor” himself would be amnesiac, having acquired the condition from the events of the Purge or prior to it in which case it would be the inciting incident that lead him to joining the Thorites in the first place. Taking a page out of the Ultimates universe Thor’s hammer & powers would be result of a battle suit used in conjuncture with an artificial Mjolnir the Thorites had in their possession, with the hammer itself heavily implied to originally belong to the War/Ultimate Thor (or Beta-Ray Bill) as the series.
    As I mentioned earlier Thor himself would be implied to be either the reincarnation of Thor Odinson or at the very least have some ties to him over the course of the series, either eventually being revealed to be the construct (not a clone) Ragnarök or Thor’s canonical son (which actually would play rather well into the War Thor angle) Modi…albeit it as demigod descendant through either Jane Foster or Sif in which case he’d be an unrealized full god. Either way I do like the idea of him resembling the Ultimate Thor.

If I were to follow the latter route I could see Modi’s brother Magne serving as a villain and more or less filling the role of Loki 2099, with variations of the Aesir popping up in some form or another. Heimdall could easily translate into a surveillance system the Thorites constructed to monitor “Asgard” but weren’t able to activate until after the Purge. I could definitely spoof God of War to introduce the concept of Mimir in some form or fashion to use as an exposition piece. In fact the more I think about it the more I like the idea of Thor 2099 basically just being Kratos.

Theme of the series would be faith.

Bloodstone 2099

I can think of a couple of different ways the Bloodstones could be adapted into the 2099 era, from adapting them to take on the mantle of other occult characters like Black Knight or Strange 2099 to making them completely unrelated to their namesake and making them part of the supporting past of Ghost Rider by way using the name as an avatar. That being said I really like the idea of keeping them as the descendants of Ulysses Bloodstone. Monster hunter(s) in a post monster world.

Think Supernatural in a cyberpunk setting, with the series main theme being change as we’d follow the Bloodstone(s) trying to adapt to a world in which the monsters they historically hunted have gone extinct or evolved and they have to learn to adapt to the new monsters surfacing with little to no knowledge to draw from.

The few conventional monsters that might still exist would either be the oldest and most powerful of their kind or the few that were able to adapt and blend in. Meanwhile everything else is new, with no lore for the Bloodstone(s) to draw from outside of what they learn as they go. All the knowledge and lore the family has accumulated over the years suddenly becomes useless as it’s no longer relevant to the present situation.

Vampires are no longer just vampires. Now they’re living pseudo-vampires modeled after Morbius, able to pass for human and able to move throughout the day among other abilities, and militaristic dhampirs called Daywalkers, originally grown/created in the wake of the vampire extinction to serve as super soldiers for the few remaining true vampires that exist.

Instead of werewolves, we have Warewolves. Byproducts of the original created by D/MONIX but constantly mutating as they continue to upgrade themselves by assimilating whatever technology they can acquire.

Instead of demonic possession cyborgs have to worry about D/MONIX possession, in which they’re hacked through their cybernetics and forced to serve whatever function the virus has. Serious cases can result in the host body being reconfigured to achieve a particular goal, leading to them taking on grotesque and macabre new forms. In most cases Deathlok’s are the inevitable results of this, cyborg zombies whose minds have been subsumed by the virus and act solely off whatever programing the virus has uploaded into them. Others turn into Man-Thing’s (umbrella term), a grotesque array of wires, circuits, and scrap forming a parody of a human body but devoid of humanity.
    Wow, your idea for Bloodstone 2099 sounds pretty grisly, but in a good way. I had some ideas for D/MONIX (albeit renamed D/Mon-X in mine) and Ghost Rider 2099 as well, I'll admit, and speaking of admissions, your Thor 2099 is pretty good, too.

Extraordinary Member

Roger Gocking: The Porcupine. After the break up with Jess he is in kind of depressed...but he refuses to go back to being a criminal all because of how his daughter looked at him after he beat the Sandman. He is approached by Nick Fury Jr. and recruited to go undercover with a group of criminals stealing tech, chemicals, etc... Fury could stop them but wants to know why they are doing it and is able to get Roger inserted into the group by predicting a theft and having Roger steal it first. While pulling a job with the criminals at a former Oscorp facility they are found by security and bullets start flying. Several canisters of Diox-3 get ruptured and pour on Roger...who also catches a couple bullets. His suit takes most of the impact of the bullets but they do penetrate his suit and create some nasty gashes in his skin that the Diox-3 soaks into. They get out with what they were stealing and slowly over the course of several weeks the Diox-3 gives Roger the same abilities as Tombstone...super strength, stamina and durability. Roger finds out that the criminals are working for Malus, arranges the take down and 'makes a getaway' and does not have to testify with no one knowing he was undercover.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Roger Gocking: The Porcupine. After the break up with Jess he is in kind of depressed...but he refuses to go back to being a criminal all because of how his daughter looked at him after he beat the Sandman. He is approached by Nick Fury Jr. and recruited to go undercover with a group of criminals stealing tech, chemicals, etc... Fury could stop them but wants to know why they are doing it and is able to get Roger inserted into the group by predicting a theft and having Roger steal it first. While pulling a job with the criminals at a former Oscorp facility they are found by security and bullets start flying. Several canisters of Diox-3 get ruptured and pour on Roger...who also catches a couple bullets. His suit takes most of the impact of the bullets but they do penetrate his suit and create some nasty gashes in his skin that the Diox-3 soaks into. They get out with what they were stealing and slowly over the course of several weeks the Diox-3 gives Roger the same abilities as Tombstone...super strength, stamina and durability. Roger finds out that the criminals are working for Malus, arranges the take down and 'makes a getaway' and does not have to testify with no one knowing he was undercover.
    Could be fun to see, and it would fit well into contemporary Marvel canon without trying to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

Extraordinary Member

After taking down the Scourge organization with U.S. Agent...Priscilla Lyons (AKA Vagabond) returned home to Indiana. Having no prospects in her home town of Gary she moved to Indianapolis and put her Scourge training to good use by going to work for an aging private investigator handling the field work for him. After getting her license the old investigator retired after they solved a big case and claimed a large reward. During her time as a solo investigator while working on a missing persons case, Priscilla fell into the middle of a local criminals attempt to buy a super suit that used Pym Particles. Causing a distraction she was able to steal the suit and get away without being seen while the police rolled in and arrested all the others present. She started using the suit during her investigations.